Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 11:35 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,181 times

Advertisements

Fortunately, law enforcement officials in Florida are taking this one seriously — even if it will be ignored by the Civility Police at the NYTimes and dinosaur broadcast outlets.

Pro-illegal immigration “activist” arrested in threat against GOP Florida rep:
Quote:
A self-described Massachusetts “political activist” was arrested Monday night and charged with sending a threatening e-mail to Florida Rep. William Snyder, R-Stuart, an hour after the Arizona shooting that killed six and critically injured U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.
The unsigned e-mail, sent to Snyder’s state House of Representatives address on Jan. 8, told the legislator to “stop that ridiculous law if you value your and your familie’s lives.”
Snyder has proposed a bill cracking down on illegal immigration for Florida in a manner similar to what Arizona has done.
Snyder said Tuesday he reported the e-mail to the Martin County Sheriff’s Office and state Capitol security officials in Tallahassee.
According to TCPalm.com and other published reports, the Martin County Sheriff’s Office said Tuesday that Manuel E. Pintado, 47, of Northampton, Mass., used a public access wireless connection at a Starbucks a few blocks from his home to send the e-mail.
Pintado is a University of Massachusetts student and told authorities he was “glad” his threat made Snyder nervous.

File this one under: Progressive Climate of Hate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 09:01 AM

LOL....so another incarnation of the tired out old "Palin caused the Tuscon Shootings" threads hits C-D, yet not a single reply here about a REAL death threat.

When a Howling Moonbat Liberal threatens a Conservative's life, it's ignored as usual.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:15 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
LOL....so another incarnation of the tired out old "Palin caused the Tuscon Shootings" threads hits C-D, yet not a single reply here about a REAL death threat.

When a Howling Moonbat Liberal threatens a Conservative's life, it's ignored as usual.
I know, this one was kept in the dark by the media as well. We all know why too.

Leftist Tried to Slash Governor’s Throat – in September, Media Silent

Leftist Tried to Slash Governor's Throat - in September, Media Silent - Capitol Commentary

Old 02-07-2011, 09:16 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
I death threat from anyone should be taken seriously even if it has nothing political to do with it.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I death threat from anyone should be taken seriously even if it has nothing political to do with it.
Agreed, but why aren't they?

Old 02-07-2011, 09:23 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Agreed, but why aren't they?
It says that the police are taking it seriously. I would think that the person would be arrested.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:23 AM

First let me address the Piven threats. She's a complete looney tune. She said those words, not Glenn Beck. Where were the threats when she made those statements? Oh, that's right, there weren't any because she was speaking safely from behind the iron curtain of academia and preaching to a room full of useful idiots who ALL think alike.
Next, I'll address that these were spoken about through many news outlets. Why weren't the 2 posted not in the news? Any suspicions? Here's a hint, they were LEFTIES!

Old 02-07-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
It says that the police are taking it seriously. I would think that the person would be arrested.
Why wasn't it covered nationally? I know why, but do you?

Old 02-07-2011, 09:58 AM

If someone can show me an actual QUOTE of a Conservative pundit telling people to go shoot someone, I'd condemn them for it.

Simply TALKING about someone and making people aware of them isn't illegal nor should anyone equate that as being threatening in and of itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies