Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 10:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I don't care who fixes things, as long as it gets done--and I'm hoping the people we've put in Washington will move in that direction as well.

You think government is the solution? the savior?

They got you right where they want you.

No wonder your expectations are never met.

Washington is not the solution, it is the entire problem.

The 8 scariest words you will ever hear:
I'm from the government, here to help you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 10:17 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Obama made it hard on himself. He came out of the gates in 2009 with a mandate, and he completely misread that mandate. Now a large portion (if not majority) of the population are very skeptical of his motives.

That's why he's under the microscope. People just don't trust the guy.

He chose that path, and now he has to live with it.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:25 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Well said and I agree with you. It's not just CD, it's republicans nationwide have taken this ultra-right, no compromise attitude that really is leading to the destruction of the country. Any kind of rational "lets work together" attitude by someone on the right get them slammed, called a RINO and disowned by the party and people. Obama and the dems have been reaching the olive branch out since day one, but the right keep slapping it away. People like McConnell even said recently to the extent "We'll happily work with Obama, if he does what we want" Rhetoric like this keeps leading the charge for disaster. If we don't work together, we'll fall apart separated.

A HUGE load of liberal with ultra-left wing, no compromise attitudes have always been on CD.

Most of them are gone, or don't post that often or in the same way they did...b/c their boy is lacking more than a birth certificate. The ones hanging on? They can't have a "conversation" without bringing up GWB.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:30 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by campfire View Post
Ah, so what you're saying is that I'm amongst children...good to know.
Pay NO attention to that.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:58 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Well if he's an idiot, and you're not (presumably), why aren't YOU the Potus?
I just don't have the time to be POTUS - the busy horse show season starts soon and I am in extra training sessions. Sorry.

Maybe you could do it? On second thought......

Old 02-08-2011, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Obama made it hard on himself. He came out of the gates in 2009 with a mandate, and he completely misread that mandate. Now a large portion (if not majority) of the population are very skeptical of his motives.

That's why he's under the microscope. People just don't trust the guy.

He chose that path, and now he has to live with it.
You are correct!

But the democrat party is good at lying and deflecting - standard OP for them. And they will never take responsibility for their actions.

I say again, I am truly and deeply embarrassed for the people that still actually support this president.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
A HUGE load of liberal with ultra-left wing, no compromise attitudes have always been on CD.

Most of them are gone, or don't post that often or in the same way they did...b/c their boy is lacking more than a birth certificate. The ones hanging on? They can't have a "conversation" without bringing up GWB.
That is one of the most truthful and correct statements I have read on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies