Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:30 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,666,705 times

Advertisements

Anyone who has a problem with Muslims, other religions, or lack thereof, would be well served by reviewing the constitution. Specifically, the first amendment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 10:43 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,396,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Don't get your panties all in a bunch. I'm not claiming that he is indeed a muslim.
I'm not trying to pick on you, but there are plenty in this thread who are claiming that President Obama is a Muslim, including the Luntz focus group in the OP.

Quote:
I'm simply pointing out why many people do question his claims of being Christian though. You are being intellectually dishonest if you state that people have no reason to question this, especially given his actions (very pro-muslim stances),
This may sound stupid, but what do you mean by "very pro-muslim stance?" He's reached out to the Muslim world a lot more than President Bush ever did; compared to the outright bigotry against Muslims that has sadly become mainstream ("Ground zero mosque," backlash against NPR for firing Juan Williams for what was a textbook bigoted anti-Muslim statement), I want to know what exactly you consider a very pro-Muslim stance to be.

Quote:
the fact that his father was a muslim,
Who he saw once after the age of 2. When he was 10 years old. For one month. In that period of time, do you (or anyone reasonable) really think that Obama Sr. took young Barack aside and went "OK, so here's how to be a secret Muslim...?"

Quote:
and a very real motive for hiding his muslim faith (assuming he is a muslim), ala he would not be POTUS today if he was a practicing muslim and you know it.
On that basis, almost every single person in American politics today might be a secret Muslim, from Dick Cheney to Barack Obama to Michelle Bachmann to Sarah Palin.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:52 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,294,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
I'm not trying to pick on you, but there are plenty in this thread who are claiming that President Obama is a Muslim, including the Luntz focus group in the OP.
As I said, I think he's most likely an atheist who also sympathizes with muslims.

Quote:
This may sound stupid, but what do you mean by "very pro-muslim stance?" He's reached out to the Muslim world a lot more than President Bush ever did; compared to the outright bigotry against Muslims that has sadly become mainstream ("Ground zero mosque," backlash against NPR for firing Juan Williams for what was a textbook bigoted anti-Muslim statement), I want to know what exactly you consider a very pro-Muslim stance to be.
Do you deny that he is pro-muslim? I mean, the man can't even bring himself to state that we are at war with radical muslim extremists.

Quote:
Who he saw once after the age of 2. When he was 10 years old. For one month. In that period of time, do you (or anyone reasonable) really think that Obama Sr. took young Barack aside and went "OK, so here's how to be a secret Muslim...?"
Wasn't a large portion of his book "Dreams from My Father" dedicated to his father? And really, what does it matter? To a lot of people, simply having a muslim parent is enough to raise suspicion.

Quote:
On that basis, almost every single person in American politics today might be a secret Muslim, from Dick Cheney to Barack Obama to Michelle Bachmann to Sarah Palin.
Except that they didn't have a muslim parent. And, if they did, I have NO doubts that they would try to distance themselves from that fact and downplay it. Why do you think the Obama-loving media never brings up his middle name?

Old 02-08-2011, 11:09 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,396,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Do you deny that he is pro-muslim? I mean, the man can't even bring himself to state that we are at war with radical muslim extremists.
So a change in terminology = very pro-Muslim? I'm not trying to be sarcastic or facetious here, but why do you think Obama is "very pro-Muslim?"

I think while in office Obama has followed through on one of his campaign promises to reach out to the Muslim world, because President Bush was a disaster for our relations with the Middle East and other Islamic countries in South Asia and Northern Africa.

Quote:
Wasn't a large portion of his book "Dreams from My Father" dedicated to his father? And really, what does it matter? To a lot of people, simply having a muslim parent is enough to raise suspicion.
People having suspicions based on absolutely no evidence does not make a conspiracy theory reasonable. And no, the religion of a parent that a son virtually never knew is not evidence that the son ever took or followed the father's religion.

Quote:
Why do you think the Obama-loving media never brings up his middle name?
Because it's his middle name. Do you know Sarah Palin's middle name? How about Joe Biden's? Or John McCain's? Or Dan Quayle's? Why do you think it is that right wingers use every single opportunity possible to bring up Barack Obama's middle name?

Old 02-08-2011, 11:28 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,966,036 times
Liberals REALLY Believe Sarah Palin Was To Blame for Loughner's Murderous Rampage in AZ.

Shocking. Is it willful ignorance or real stupidity?

This is why the left wing has such little credibility.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:36 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,651,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangrui View Post
I'm from the middle of the continent in an area with smaller than average minority populations, but I've never heard anyone say that Obama's background is a problem. Just his politics.
I'm no stranger to the middle of the continent, friend - or smaller than average minority populations. But when a roomful of people from said region are convinced he's a religion he doesn't practice and that he's building his foreign policy based on that religion, that group and those who think like them have a problem with a whole lot more than his politics. Let's at least be honest about that.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:39 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,851,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Anyone who has a problem with Muslims, other religions, or lack thereof, would be well served by reviewing the constitution. Specifically, the first amendment.
I have a problem with some Muslims because most of them can't seem to get along & are determined to set the whole world on fire with their radical behavior & ideologies.

Peace in the Middle East will never be a reality so they want to bring it over here to America.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I have a problem with some Muslims because most of them can't seem to get along & are determined to set the whole world on fire with their radical behavior & ideologies.
Approximately one quarter of the world's population is Muslim today. Could you please provide statistics to support your claim about "most of them"?

Old 02-09-2011, 12:42 AM

Yeah... that's what I thought.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:44 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,405,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Shocking. Is it willful ignorance or real stupidity?

It's real, genuine, Made In The U.S.A. stupidity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies