Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 09:17 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
And failure to see the big picture on your end.
Did you see the entire menu?
I sure did!

I enjoy un-healthy foods in moderation, but that menu made my arteries clog just reading it.

And again, I have not made my cause healthy eating.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:20 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Likewise, I'm sure, but your position on this issue is both illogical and obviously the result of some internal need to bash Michelle Obama.
Except she's not proposing a standard in which no one can ever eat junk food, ever, ever, ever.

So you are just being dishonest.

^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I sure did!

I enjoy un-healthy foods in moderation, but that menu made my arteries clog just reading it.

And again, I have not made my cause healthy eating.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:23 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post

If she is going to have a superbowl party which she knows is going to get media attention, she should have taken the opportunity to promote her healthy eating cause and set a positive example.
Then you'd say she's trying to politicize the super bowl.

Just be honest and admit that you just want to find fault with everything any democrat does.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:25 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Talk about a lousy political movement. Diet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Michelle Obama Defends Fattening Super Bowl Feast - Michelle Obama - Fox Nation

The point is balance, not deprivation, Mrs. Obama said at Tuesday lunch with reporters who cover her East Wing. "I like to talk about my obsession with French fries because I don't want people to think that "Let's Move" is about complete, utter deprivation. It is about moderation and real life changes and ideas that really work for families, today's families too."

Evidently they had salad.

Super Bowl: Michael Wilbon attends the White House Super Bowl party, hosted by President Barack Obama. - ESPN

(I promised Michelle Beadle I would tell her about the menu, so here goes: no guacamole that I saw, but perhaps the best cheeseburgers I've had in five years. Not that there weren't salads and all the healthy green stuff you'd expect would be served in the White House, but let me repeat: perhaps the best cheeseburgers I've had in five years. Isn't that mandatory fare for a Super Bowl party, cheeseburgers? Oh yes, and chicken wings.)

If you're thinking what I'm thinking, you could have a salad and a cheese burger and you'd be good to go and not turn into a huge fat cow.

And if you're thinking what I'm thinking, it's a Super Bowl party and the hell with the salad - pass them wings! But hey, at least it wasn't all grease bombs.

Someone else has the same philosophy, as well and lost 123 lbs by following similiar advice... "emphasis was placed on healthy eating in proper portions and enjoyable exercise in a supportive atmosphere."

Do you know what this means? She STOLE THE IDEA FROM RICHARD SIMMONS!!!!!

Old 02-09-2011, 09:30 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I am more thinking about a child with an ulcer being made to eat a salad or beans. Food should be a personal choice and not forced. Government needs to stay out of that choice except to inform us about food values.

I think the problem with children being fat is that they do not have the safety to go out and play. She needs to be working on stopping crime in America. Not eating is not the way to be healthy. Eating and exercising is the healthy thing to do.
Ulcers are not caused by foods.
Here, educate yourself about them, unless, of course, you would rather speak from ignorance, rather than knowledge.
Peptic Ulcer Causes - What Causes Peptic Ulcers - What Causes Stomach Ulcers - What Causes Duodenal Ulcers

Old 02-09-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Ulcers are not caused by foods.
Here, educate yourself about them, unless, of course, you would rather speak from ignorance, rather than knowledge.
Peptic Ulcer Causes - What Causes Peptic Ulcers - What Causes Stomach Ulcers - What Causes Duodenal Ulcers
Wrong. Ulcers can also be linked to food allergies. Don't ask for a link, I know from personal experience after paying a host of medical costs.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:41 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
I got the rep comment you just left me, thanks.
If you dont want to read the Child Nutrition Bill, I cant help it, wallow in ignorance.
All I told you is that I have no desire to read the bill because there should not be a bill. When did it get to be your job to tell me what to do? That is like the government telling a person who bought their own food what to buy and what to eat. I cannot think of anything more personal than telling someone what to eat unless it is a panel telling someone that they should be beyond spending any more money on because they are too old. I have no desire to see anything the Obama's have anything to do with. That is not ignorance. The thought process of these people is just wrong and I don't want to waste my time with them or you any more.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:41 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I am more thinking about a child with an ulcer being made to eat a salad or beans. Food should be a personal choice and not forced. Government needs to stay out of that choice except to inform us about food values.
I generally agree with what you're saying here. Nobody is saying that a school should force a child to eat foods their allergic to, and yes, food is a personal choice. On a broad level, parents can make whatever they want for their children to bring to school for lunch. Maybe I'm unaware of this hapening in some places, but I've never heard of a school in which kids were NOT ALLOWED to bring their own food to school. I know that some schools don't allow kids to bring soda to school, or some other particular things, but I don't know of any school that requires that each and every child eat what the school cafeteria serves.

But if the parents want the child to eat at the school cafeteria, the choices available for the child should be healthy ones. School cafeteria food is pretty notoriously unhealthy. I certainly remember "spaghetti" that was this gross brick filled with grease. School cafeterias should have healthy food options available, and if no child (or parents) want to eat that, they are free to bring their own sack lunch to school!

Old 02-09-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Then you'd say she's trying to politicize the super bowl.

Just be honest and admit that you just want to find fault with everything any democrat does.
Not what I am saying at all and I think you know that.

They are in the public eye very often, and the superbowl party was certain to receive media attention.

To be totally honest, I have voted for democrats!

I do not care much at all for the Obamas for a host of reasons. I honestly do not try to find fault with everything they do, but it just ends up that most of the time I disagree with them. It is what it is.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:44 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
Come on folks, I'm a right-winger and I don't even see the big deal about this. It really IS possible to eat like this once every so often and then eat healthy the majority of the time. For one, if you're eating healthy on a constant basis, eating stuff like fried chicken, burgers, and the like literally moves right through you if you only eat like that occasionally. It's when someone constantly eats nasty stuff that it creates problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies