Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 08:24 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times

Advertisements

Comparing apples and oranges is not dealing with reality and a waste of time. This same sort of scenerio can be done countless ways and none would prove any point so long as the situations are not the same, meaning apples to apples or oranges to oranges. In this case an Entertainer is being compared with a Politiican, ludicrous.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 08:24 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Well. Is there a link to prove this is not the case? Please provide. . .
Seriously?

Ok...

Jus soli - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-09-2011, 08:26 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Comparing apples and oranges is not dealing with reality and a waste of time. This same sort of scenerio can be done countless ways and none would prove any point so long as the situations are not the same, meaning apples to apples or oranges to oranges. In this case an Entertainer is being compared with a Politiican, ludicrous.
Casper
Oh I don't know I sometimes find Obama's double-talk entertaining.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:28 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,544,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Casper
Sometimes politicians were former entertainers, though.

Isn't that what a politician does? Keep people entertained and 'happy'?

Old 02-09-2011, 08:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Not who do you like more, who is proven to be more honest.

Glenn Beck hands down.

I could post dozens of cases about obama's lies.

I couldn't find any Beck lies.

I tried.
The thing we all have to remember: 1 is an entertainer, the other represents our country. I don't like anyone who lies, but it is easier to take it from someone who is being paid to entertain rather than someone we are trusting our lives and further with.

Nita

Old 02-09-2011, 09:00 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
Beck is a hatemonger that concocks theories and conjectures that he puzzled together to make sense in his crazy mind. His show is losing ratings and sponsors.

I'm hoping Fox fires him like CNN did.

Do you give him any credit for a many, many things he has called correctly?

I do not remember CNN firing him. Could you please link us to his firing?

His show is losing ratings? He could drop like a rock and still be ahead of any of the left wing nutjob shows.

Remember, his ratings were better then ALL THREE SHOWS ON CNN, NBC and MSNBC combined.

He made 32 million last year.

He has had 6 number one best selling books.

His success goes on and on.

And to think about it do you really want to talk about rating? Obamas ratings, well they started in the 70's and dropped like a rock to what 40%. Not very good considering he is so loved. ;>

Beck will still have a job and be making millions when we fire Obama and send his sorry butt to the end of the bus.

Last edited by Sunny-Days-in-Florida; 02-09-2011 at 09:18 AM..

Old 02-09-2011, 10:03 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,980,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Do you give him any credit for a many, many things he has called correctly?

I do not remember CNN firing him. Could you please link us to his firing?

His show is losing ratings? He could drop like a rock and still be ahead of any of the left wing nutjob shows.

Remember, his ratings were better then ALL THREE SHOWS ON CNN, NBC and MSNBC combined.

He made 32 million last year. Because he has died hard Beckers supporting him. He has had 6 number one best selling books. Scary thought, Like many other sane people. I wouldn't waste my time.His success goes on and on.

And to think about it do you really want to talk about rating? Obamas ratings, well they started in the 70's and dropped like a rock to what 40%. Not very good considering he is so loved. ;>

Beck will still have a job and be making millions when we fire Obama and send his sorry butt to the end of the bus.

He (Beck) was pushed to leave. CNN didn't want his senile political views

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/17/bu...dia/17fox.html

Beck is a Hyprocrite, regardless if he is succesfull or not. When a person like Beck goes on TV and creates fictional dialogue on Religion, Race and False political rhetoric. He appears to me as being a political demigod that has a congregation of Millions of followers. I call it the BTL club.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:40 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Lying is so much a part of hussein obama and his mamma, they will openly lie about the stupidest stuff. michelle obama comes out and says hussein obama does not dye his hair CLEARLY he does dye his hair and you can see the differance in picture after picture. Of course he dyes his hair. Who cares if he dyes his hair so why LIE about it?

Old 02-09-2011, 12:42 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
Clearly?

Explain why he has gray hair then?

Lying about lying is still lying.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:48 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
He (Beck) was pushed to leave. CNN didn't want his senile political views

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/17/bu...dia/17fox.html

Beck is a Hyprocrite, regardless if he is succesfull or not. When a person like Beck goes on TV and creates fictional dialogue on Religion, Race and False political rhetoric. He appears to me as being a political demigod that has a congregation of Millions of followers. I call it the BTL club.
He essentially was fired for soliciting to a young lady on his show that he wanted to make a sex tape with her. CNN kept it civil with letting him go though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies