Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 06:33 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,699,990 times

Advertisements

Way to select specific issues and try to extrapolate to his overall approval rating. Remember - some of us are actually smart and educated enough to have developed analytical thinking skills.

Depending on the poll, his approval rating remains extraordinarily high given the crisis he's guided us through, around 50%. Some are down in the high 40s, others up to 55%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 06:40 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Funny.....

When a pole for Obama is going up (which was the bounce) the (L) was all over the polls saying look look...this poll.....he doing better...

But when a (R) posts a poll about obama's numbers....they (the R's) get beat up say...wait till 2012 thats the olny poll that counts....or the "white polsters".....

Quote:
I laugh at those that post info white winged pollsters such as Rasmus and Gallup.
I wonder if the above statement would be considered raceist if a known (R) said it?

Old 02-10-2011, 06:40 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,041,277 times
The polls show one thing.

People like obama as a person.

People dislike the job he's doing on the important issues that matter.

I know many people that I like as people.

It doesn't mean I would want them handling my finances.

The facts cannot be ignored.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:55 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Gallup shows Obama at 27% approval on handling deficit, 37% on economy

Remember all that talk about Barack Obama’s bounce in the polls after the lame-duck session? We can officially proclaim that duck cooked now, and the bouncing cat officially dead, or at least comatose. Gallup’s latest survey on issues and presidential approval shows Obama below a majority on every single issue — and seriously underwater in the highest priorities for voters in the last midterm election:
President Barack Obama’s approval rating for handling the federal budget deficit has gone from bad to worse in recent months, even as his ratings on all other major national issues have generally held steady. Currently, 27% of Americans approve of Obama on the deficit, down from 32% in November, while 68% disapprove.
Overall, Obama is doing much better on international issues than domestic ones. Among eight issues on which Obama was rated in the new poll, Americans give the president the highest approval ratings on foreign affairs and the situations in Egypt and Afghanistan. The deficit, the economy, and taxes rank among his lowest ratings, alongside healthcare policy.
The survey was conducted Feb. 2-5, as the Obama administration was stepping up pressure on Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak to make a decision about continuing to lead his country in light of mass protests calling for his immediate resignation — protests with which Americans generally sympathize. The relatively small percentage disapproving of Obama on Egypt (32%) makes his overall net approval on that issue the highest of any issue tested, at +15 percentage points.
That may be Obama’s best category, but it’s still the sound of one hand clapping. On foreign affairs, Obama gets a 48/45, which is his highest approval rating among all issues — and it comes in the middle of a crisis, when Americans usually rally around a President. By the time this survey started, Obama had received little domestic criticism over his handling of the Egyptian crisis, and indeed not much at all until the final day of the survey, when his own envoy to Mubarak contradicted Obama’s calls for Mubarak’s departure. The 48/45 on overall foreign policy and the equally weak 47/32 are not votes of confidence, but weak and shallow support at best.
Obama has equally mediocre numbers on Afghanistan (47/46) and energy policy (43/42), but falls deep underwater on politically crucial issues:
  • Taxes: 42/54
  • Healthcare: 40/56
  • Economy: 37/60
  • Budget deficit: 27/68

That is what we call a "dead cat bounce".

Old 02-10-2011, 07:11 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Reuters/Ipsos poll: Obama's approval rating tumbles from 50 to 51%.

Obama's ratings inch up as economy improves - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com
LOL! Now why did you have to screw up this thread by posting this?

Old 02-10-2011, 07:27 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,361,931 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

A flip flop of change and hope.

I really enjoy this graph, it’s clear that there is a difference in claiming to be qualified and being qualified. What a POS.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:30 AM

103 posts, read 67,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You approve of something less accurate?

Well, there is your problem and missed expectations.
Why would i approve something that has a white wing bias.
Just like why would you approve something that has a left bias?

duh

Old 02-10-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Funny.....

When a pole for Obama is going up (which was the bounce) the (L) was all over the polls saying look look...this poll.....he doing better...

But when a (R) posts a poll about obama's numbers....they (the R's) get beat up say...wait till 2012 thats the olny poll that counts....or the "white polsters".....

I wonder if the above statement would be considered raceist if a known (R) said it?
I dont follow white winged pollsters. With good or bad polls. sorry

Old 02-10-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post

I really enjoy this graph, it’s clear that there is a difference in claiming to be qualified and being qualified. What a POS.
Of course you do, it's a right winged bias pollster.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:33 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,361,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The polls show one thing.

People like obama as a person.

People dislike the job he's doing on the important issues that matter.

I know many people that I like as people.

It doesn't mean I would want them handling my finances.

The facts cannot be ignored.
Nicely put!
I don't know if I would like Obama the man but your comment is nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies