Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 09:04 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,190,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So D vs R tit for tat is more important than us getting back $179 million we overpaid to the UN ?
That's the way I read this and I think anyone who looks at the facts would come to the same conclusion.

Campaign ad...Dems block bill to recover $179 million from UN!!!

Old 02-09-2011, 09:20 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,302,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Wrong. Both the democrats and republicans backed Bush in the past on things like the Patriot Act because it was an emergency, we'd been attacked, and they had to trust Bush and the R leadership to do the right thing. That trust got blown out of the window, and now that it's up for renewal the R's are taking the heat for it from their own people, as well as the Dems.

If the R's stuck together they wouldn't have a problem, but the R leadership can't get their own house in order--they backed up the tea party candidates to gain power, and now a chunk of the tea party isn't voting with the establishment. Surprise surprise. I thought they'd follow along once they got to DC and do what they were told (and about half have), but I was wrong about the rest. This is a republican leadership problem--they have the majority by a wide margin, remember? They're blaming the Dems because they don't want to publicly admit that they've created a monster.
Agreed. The GOP is falling apart at the seams with every passing week. They need to sort out their leadership vacuum and marginalise Palin and her nut-job followers or they're doomed for 2012. I still can't believe they even contemplated getting into bed with the "Tea Party" with Palin as its cheerleader - political suicide and a gift to the Democrats - seriously, ally yourself with Palin? - who's as dumb as a sack of hammers and seems to revel in it? - what total and utter idiots.

I can see why they did it - to gain temporary political ground and enfranchise the far right vote - but I fear that decision was made in desperation and ultimately will cost them dear - and they deserve it, for not having the resources and confidence within their own party to find and field a heavyweight candidate who actually brings some brain power, solutions and credibility to the table. That candidate is emphatically NOT Palin - and I'll bet they're now cursing the day they let the genie out of the bottle...........whether they like it or not, they'll be linked to her for a while......

Old 02-09-2011, 09:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
Agreed. The GOP is falling apart at the seams with every passing week. They need to sort out their leadership vacuum and marginalise Palin and her nut-job followers or they're doomed for 2012. I still can't believe they even contemplated getting into bed with the "Tea Party" with Palin as its cheerleader - political suicide and a gift to the Democrats - seriously, ally yourself with Palin? - who's as dumb as a sack of hammers and seems to revel in it? - what total and utter idiots.

I can see why they did it - to gain temporary political ground and enfranchise the far right vote - but I fear that decision was made in desperation and ultimately will cost them dear - and they deserve it, for not having the resources and confidence within their own party to find and field a heavyweight candidate who actually brings some brain power, solutions and credibility to the table. That candidate is emphatically NOT Palin - and I'll bet they're now cursing the day they let the genie out of the bottle...........whether they like it or not, they'll be linked to her for a while......
And the other side is saying the very same thing of the Dems..that they are falling apart.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:14 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
What is the practical consequence of not passing a bill that wouldn't pass the Senate anyway?
So it can be used for political pandering and bickering to win votes next time. That seems to be top priority for these guys.

This country needs people who will fix our nation's problems, not just people who want to fix their own careers. Seriously. I can't believe I pulled for these clowns.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:57 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Growing pains....so what? I'm guessing the Liberals on this thread have never held a leadership position. If they had, they'd understand that this is much ado about nothing. How many of you have ever corraled 200+ people and made sure they were on the same page as you, the leader?

(Not surprised that the liberals on this forum have never held leadership roles. Not surprised at all.)

Old 02-10-2011, 05:06 AM

Quote:
And the other side is saying the very same thing of the Dems..that they are falling apart.
They are both falling apart, that's for sure, but someone needs to start fixing the problems or nothing will happen. Enough of the games already.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:02 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
[quote=TRUEGRITT;17802167]Most left the KES board because of the firing of GS and then they sold out. I found my way here because Austin told me about it, you remember Austin, and lastly, I really don't care what most think of me and I have my "post history" to speak for me, not you. I only brought it up because FJ made certain claims that I find hard to believe and if anyone wants to read his posts I doubt they would call him moderate.
No, that is not correct, most had left long before that happened. Yes I remember Austin, she may even be here, a whole lot of others came her also. As I said I call him a Moderate because he IS one, most here would agree.
Good thing about America is we can all have an opinion even if others disagree. I am sure FJ appreciates your rescue attempt, birds of a feather and all.You are welcome to your opinion, he did not need to be rescuded, I was replying to your comments since I have a long history with him and even you.[/quote]
Casper

Old 02-10-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No, that is not correct, most had left long before that happened.
That is true. I was the last non-extreme right person to leave, and by that time the board was nothing but pool of hatred and intolerance. TG was not around at that time anymore. They closed down the place when the owner left the country.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:54 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,200,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Growing pains....so what? I'm guessing the Liberals on this thread have never held a leadership position. If they had, they'd understand that this is much ado about nothing. How many of you have ever corraled 200+ people and made sure they were on the same page as you, the leader?

(Not surprised that the liberals on this forum have never held leadership roles. Not surprised at all.)
Oh for heavens sake--all you've proved is that you can throw out slams to try to discredit people who disagree with you, without having a clue how government works. John Boehner was the HOUSE MINORITY LEADER from 2007-2011. His main job in that position was to make sure that he had the R's lined up for votes. As Speaker of the House, it's not all that different, PLUS he gets to control the calendar, but he can't seem to get his act together. The main rule of politics is that you never embarrass your party unless you can't help it. As speaker, he controls which votes come up when. All he had to do was poll HIS OWN PARTY in advance to see if the votes were there that he wanted before he put bills up for a vote (that's ROUTINE), but he couldn't even get that part straight. The reasons the Dem's are making fun of the R's in DC is because this is pretty unheard of, and he did it not once, but three times in a week.

I don't like all of Nancy Pelosi's stands on issues, but as Speaker, she had that place moving like clockwork. This is just completely inept. I think Boehner expected the R's to move in lockstep after the last elections, and he's floored that it's not happening--even when you buy elections for people who don't agree with you, there's a good chance some of them may not vote with you. DUH. The R's created this mess for themselves, and now they have to live with it.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:55 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,200,864 times
Quote:
They seem pretty unified to me. Little disagreement here and there, but for the most part all of them seem pretty much on the same page.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies