Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 12:21 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,424,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
If you really believe what you are saying, go over to the thread about the WH Superbowl party and observe the right in action, they're acting like a bunch of drunken frat boys.
People are ticked at the Superbowl party thing because we've got this administration trying to stick their nose into our lives and dictate what restaurants can serve, whether we can have salt on the table, what our children eat, etc...yet their official Superbowl party is full of garbage that will kill you.

Is that not the height of hypocrisy?

Two different points.

Jerks that cheat on their wives/husbands shouldn't be in a leadership position and those in leadership positions should be practicing what they preach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 12:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Why would he resign over that? Old Bill was getting serviced in the Oral Office and he is lionized by the left.
I don't think he should resign. If he was a Dem, he probably wouldn't resign...but then, we don't go around screaming "family values" every chance we get either.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:29 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
First of all, you said "no conservative." You didn't say "no conservative except for those in Louisiana."

Further, what about Newt Gingrich, who served divorce papers on his first wife while she was recovering from cancer surgery so that he could marry the woman he was having an affair with? He was a member of Congress at the time, and elected many times subsequently.

Henry Hyde? Elected many times after admitting his extramarital affairs.

The list does go on. All I'm saying is that your position here is not supported by facts.
I think you're referring to someone else's post? No clue here what you're talking about.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:38 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,987,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
People are ticked at the Superbowl party thing because we've got this administration trying to stick their nose into our lives and dictate what restaurants can serve, whether we can have salt on the table, what our children eat, etc...yet their official Superbowl party is full of garbage that will kill you.

Two different points.

Jerks that cheat on their wives/husbands shouldn't be in a leadership position and those in leadership positions should be practicing what they preach.
Dont you think that posters behaving like trolls negates any opinion they might post?
Which, its not like they're posting anything anyway, they're just trolling for lulz and attacking people with an opposing viewpoint, thats what I am referring to.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:48 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,452,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post

Two different points.

Had this insane comparison in other threads. Fighting for healthier eating habits does not = never ever eating junk food. If they had a meal like that every day or on a regular basis then you might have a point, but not for Super Bowl Sunday.....

Old 02-10-2011, 12:49 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,452,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't think he should resign. If he was a Dem, he probably wouldn't resign...but then, we don't go around screaming "family values" every chance we get either.
I think its more to it than simply what has been released and known so far. I doubt he would have resigned that fast if something more wasn't going on.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:12 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,438,358 times
I don't feel sorry for these guys, they make their choices and have to live with that. But how in the hell stupid are these clowns, are they that ignorant, they seem to be getting more stupid by the minute.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:15 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I don't feel sorry for these guys, they make their choices and have to live with that. But how in the hell stupid are these clowns, are they that ignorant, they seem to be getting more stupid by the minute.
I agree! What was he thinking? Did he really think he would not get caught? It really is getting ridiculous.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:36 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,438,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I agree! What was he thinking? Did he really think he would not get caught? It really is getting ridiculous.
I know, they are getting so stupid, it seems or appears they want to get caught. Go figure!

Old 02-10-2011, 05:37 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I think its more to it than simply what has been released and known so far. I doubt he would have resigned that fast if something more wasn't going on.
I'm betting there's a whole history of this type of behavior out there waiting to blow up in the press, or you wouldn't have seen a resignation within hours. It's damage control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies