Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 12:49 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times

Advertisements

Its sad how no one on the left is upset that this happened. Do they not want reports or things printed to be factual? Do you on the left really support disinformation like this?

This is no different then the reason so many thinks Palin actually said that about seeing Russia from her house. So they insult Palin for being stupid while they quote lies that she never even said. Who is the stupid one really
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 12:52 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
You employ a real "novel" defition of "Smart" or "Sane". You guys attack every conservative women that makes it to the national stage that appears to have even a modicum of impact.
I don't know who "you guys" is. I'm just someone that thinks Palin is stupid and Bachmann is crazy. Impact? LOL!

Quote:
Name one conservative female that fits your Smart or Sane definition. I'll give you, say, 6 months to come up with a list.
Kristine Todd Whitman
Kay Bailey Hutchison

Just off the top of my head. I could list a lot more conservative female politicians from Florida state government with whom I interact on an almost daily basis. I do not always agree with their ideas (and don't always disagree), but I have a great deal of respect for them.

But I have none whatsoever for Snowbilly Barbie and that screeching banshee Bachmann, not because of their politics, but because they represent the worst in American politics: the elevation of stupidity and intolerance to desirable traits in leaders.

Why is it SO hard for you to believe that Palin really is a bimbo? Or that Bachmann really is insane, or that at least reasonable people could think so, regardless of their political views?

You accuse me of bias - physician, heal thyself.

Quote:
Face reality, be brave, stone up. You attack Palin because she IS SANE and SMART
I don't know how crazy she is, but you must be using some alien definition of "smart" that I've never heard of. She is a vacuous bimbo.

Quote:
and posses a threat to your feifdom.
Which would be what? And how so?

Quote:
Ditto Bachman. If they weren't, they wouldn't be on your flamer radar.
Because I couldn't possibly dislike them for any other reason except those that fit into your conspiracy theory?

Quote:
You pick on the women because instinctively you feel they will run and cower instead of fight.
Oh now you are going to get all Freud on me, eh?

Quote:
It is so very sad, especially from a group who are supposed to support women.
What group is that you keep mentioning?
I do support women. I don't support bimbos and banshees.

Quote:
Instead, you wrap yourselves around smarmy ones like Pelosi and let her bring your parties approval ratings into the mid-teens (Congressional ratings).
I'm not a fan of Pelosi, not that you bothered to ask. Your kind never does.

Quote:
You guys are as predictable as gravity.
Obviously you aren't a physicist.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:56 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
I mean come on.

She's nothing more than a useful idiot for the GOP, drawing fire for their benefit. She'll never get elected to anything.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:03 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:

You employ a real "novel" defition of "Smart" or "Sane". You guys attack every conservative women that makes it to the national stage that appears to have even a modicum of impact.
Nonsense.
Quote:

Name one conservative female that fits your Smart or Sane definition. I'll give you, say, 6 months to come up with a list.
I don't even need 6 minutes. And I can name more than just one! Off the top of my head!

Linda Lingle
Olympia Snowe
Susan Collins
Kay Orr
Christine Todd Whitman
Susana Martinez
Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Not one of these women is insane and each of them are extremely smart.

The rest of your post is nothing more than projection and wishful thinking, so I'll ignore it.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:06 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
The answer is very simple......

Pavlov's Dog

They hear the word Palin and begin to salivate.
So, That is why you are here on this Thread and every other one about Palin (a.k.a. Mosse Girl).
SPEAK!
Casper

Old 02-10-2011, 01:23 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Its sad how no one on the left is upset that this happened. Do they not want reports or things printed to be factual? Do you on the left really support disinformation like this?

This is no different then the reason so many thinks Palin actually said that about seeing Russia from her house. So they insult Palin for being stupid while they quote lies that she never even said. Who is the stupid one really
One would hope everyone would be able to figure out US Weekly is hardly a serious news outlet.
Talk about much ado about nothing.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:38 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Here's a bit of news. Palin, while Gov of Alaska, developed the Alaskan Navy. Being so close to the bad guys, doncha know. Tourists now can view the Ak Navy ships in Anchorage Harbor from the Glass Bottom Boats.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:41 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,198,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Nonsense. I don't even need 6 minutes. And I can name more than just one! Off the top of my head!

Linda Lingle
Olympia Snowe
Susan Collins
Kay Orr
Christine Todd Whitman
Susana Martinez
Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Not one of these women is insane and each of them are extremely smart.

The rest of your post is nothing more than projection and wishful thinking, so I'll ignore it.
You forgot to mention Jaime Herrera. She's definately one to watch.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:57 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post

You forgot to mention Jaime Herrera. She's definately one to watch.
I didn't forget to mention her, as I hadn't heard of her. She does seem very bright and definitely not insane. I don't agree with her politics (nor those of many of the others on my list), but that alone doesn't qualify them as stupid or insane.

BTW, it's Jaime Herrera Beutler now.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:19 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

Seriously?
This is life in the public eye warts and all. I don't support selling misinformation for profit, but, many do and unless/until there is some major change in this country's appetite for gossip and innuendo, nothing is going to change. Don't like it, don't buy the magazine or visit their website(s).
Of course I don't support it, that's why I don't watch Fox News.

I guess the question I have to ask is, where are the defenders when magazines like US Weekly print nonsense about Angelina Jolie or Julia Roberts? Is that somehow acceptable? Doesn't the argument go something like "well, that's the price you pay for celebrity..."?
Why the double-standard?

As they say, can't stand the heat, stay the heck away from the cameras.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies