Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2011, 02:23 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Are we just being distracted by all these so-called experts? That's my opinion. An all the while, the quality of life here in the US seems to be slipping. Am I totally off base.
The problem in the US is that the electorate is fooled into watching the right hand when it is the left hand that is destrying the country. There is no difference when it comes to the two ruling parties. They just differ on how to destroy the US through irrepsonsible spending and running up the debt more and more as compared to the GDP. It is already not sustainable. To think the US can survive this way is ruinous to this nation. Yet both parties continue to raise the debt ceilings and spend, spend, spend.

The only answer is to eliminate large parts of government, privatize other parts of goverrnment, and elimininate expenditures, including the so called entitlements that are third rails, like SS Medicare and pension funds. The US can no longer stay on the path it has been on for the last 100 years. It will self destruct and implode under its own debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 02:24 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Everyone believes what they want to believe.
As you are. But it is laughable when people believe things that there are no facts to back it up or believe something either because they were told to or because they are too lazy to know the truth. The point of this thread is to show that Beck wasn't making any of this stuff up, like so many people have claimed. He even says himslef that he is not saying that this is defintiely going to happen, he is simply pointing out that they are TRYING to accomplish this.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:24 PM

514 posts, read 764,967 times
Question fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yes the FACTS. Want another fact? Our country is going to continue to get worse with Obama in control.
Fact? That's your opinion only and it's not worth anymore than any of the rest of ours. BTW, what are you going to do when the Muslim Brotherhood doesn't take control of Egypt? Are you still going to follow your false prophet?

Old 02-10-2011, 02:25 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
Quote:
Yes the FACTS. Want another fact? Our country is going to continue to get worse with Obama in control.
Doesn't make a difference who is in the White House..

Give you one example, the illegal alien issue.

Both Democrats and Republicans have had the Presidency...

Both Democrats and Republicans have had control of the Senate and the House...

Has the illegal alien issue been resolved?

Are the borders of the United States of America secure?

BTW, this is NOT A FACT:

Quote:
Our country is going to continue to get worse with Obama in control.
Definition of SPECULATION

: an act or instance of speculating: as a
: assumption of unusual business risk in hopes of obtaining commensurate gain b
: a transaction involving such speculation

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dicti...0&t=1297373262

Old 02-10-2011, 02:25 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
No he doesn't. O'Reilly is only doing that for a show for his more moderate and left leaning viewers.
Not that it was a secret but I find it amusing that someone like you would suggest that O'Reilly manipulates his audience.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Not that it was a secret but I find it amusing that someone like you would suggest that O'Reilly manipulates his audience.
He doesn't manipulate them, Cass Sunstein, he tiptoes around them at times.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:27 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,455 times
Quote:
Naive? Like you know better? Give me a break. You obviously didn't pay well enough attention. What about the article that the Muslim Brotherhood wrote in response to the CIA's report that said the CIA doesn't go far enough in uncovering their real agenda. They admit that the CIA was right in what it wrote about, but also said there is more that the CIA doesn't know. Why do not believe what these people say? That is dangerous on your part to ignore words and statements being made by the group themselves!
Why are you assuming I am ignoring things? Or even thinking I know better? Because I don't out right agree with you? Kudos to you for doing some research. You are further ahead than most of the general public. But still, even in this example, citing the Muslim Brotherhood response...how do you know the legitimacy of the responder? Didi you check their background or just assume it because of their supposed affiliation?

Old 02-10-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Doesn't make a difference who is in the White House..

Give you one example, the illegal alien issue.

Both Democrats and Republicans have had the Presidency...

Both Democrats and Republicans have had control of the Senate and the House...

Has the illegal alien issue been resolved?

Are the borders of the United States of America secure?
Right now it matters who is in the WH because that's where the policies are coming from.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:31 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,455 times
Quote:
As you are. But it is laughable when people believe things that there are no facts to back it up or believe something either because they were told to or because they are too lazy to know the truth. The point of this thread is to show that Beck wasn't making any of this stuff up, like so many people have claimed. He even says himslef that he is not saying that this is defintiely going to happen, he is simply pointing out that they are TRYING to accomplish this.
That's part of my point too. If I don't readily agree, then I am assumed to disagree? I am just asking more questions. To me Beck seems sincere. He probably believes he's done his due diligence in his fact finding. Maybe he has. Then again, maybe he hasn't.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:31 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
Quote:
Right now it matters who is in the WH because that's where the policies are coming from.

BS, they are coming from the House and the Senate.

Obama is just a puppet/figurehead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies