Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 01:33 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times

Advertisements

With all these reality TV celebrities considering runs for president, does anyone else sense the line between the movie Idiocracy and reality blurring?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 02:14 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
And again I ask, how is this any different from what has been said about Trump for over 25 years?

Because look who we're stuck with now in the White House.

Old 02-12-2011, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I would settle for just calling him what he is, an egomaniacal pompous ass.

Sounds like you're describing Obama.

Old 02-12-2011, 02:31 AM

Quote:
What could we possible say about or call Trump that we haven't said or called him during two failed marriages, 2 bankruptcies, 1 or more adulterous relationships and several other egomaniaclel actions?

Lots of Presidents have had their share of business failures. Ulysses grant lost his shirt in a brokerage firm collapse. Harry Truman had a failed haberdashery business, and almost filed for bankruptcy, though wife Bess's frugality prevented him from doing so. Donald Trump has had his business failures, but he has bounced back. Not all Presidential marriages have been happy either, and many would have most assuredly ended in divorce had it not been an unthinkable scandal back then. Don't even get me started on the "adultery" issue.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:53 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Because look who we're stuck with now in the White House.
Oh no. Are all the extreme conservatives going to rally around this meathead now and attribute any criticism of him to us "fearing" him or "disparaging an ideology"?

Trump's an egomanical opportunitist who cares about nothing but himself and is not very intelligent. He's been that way for many decades now and will continue to be that way, whatever he does politically.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:02 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
He has bold confidence, a measure of charisma and is a good speaker, and an obvious personal success. But he really must do something about his hair! A big distraction.... I mean, he can't talk about Ron Paul while his hair is combed down like that!!

Old 02-12-2011, 03:52 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow
First off, you have no clue what a Conservative thinking mind, is focused on at this moment in our history.

You are too emotionally attached to the Nanny state of things.

Momma is fixing to kick all the kids out of the house!

As it should be.

BUT YOU KNOW what a Democrat thinking mind, is focused on at this moment in our history? Yeah...ok...

Funny, you just accused me of knowing the thinking mind of a conservative, but then falsely CLAIMED the above. Amazing the two step hypocrisy in this one thread.

I have no idea what this is suppose to mean. Can you try proper grammer please?

Try again
Better read again, this time put your glasses on.
I'll say it again, as you just proved my point.

First off, you have no clue what a Conservative thinking mind, is focused on at this moment in our history.
I don't claim to know what runs through the mind of a Progressive. Who could?

Nice try though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies