Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pot or Not?
I don't get high & don't have children 46 31.29%
I get high & don't have children 25 17.01%
I don't get high and have children 43 29.25%
I get high and have children 20 13.61%
I don't mind my older minor children smoking pot 4 2.72%
I mind my older minor children smoking pot 12 8.16%
I get high with my older minor children at home 0 0%
I don't get high but allow my older minor children to get high at home 0 0%
Smoke pot in my house? What are you -- high? 26 17.69%
I have spoken with my children about illegal drug use 20 13.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 09:00 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
...cyanide, arsenic, lead, mercury,...

God gave us brains to distinguish healthy from unhealthy.

I've never smoked pot, and based on my experiences with those who have, I never will.
So don't. No one really cares, do they.
Holier than thou attitudes certainly don't win people to your point of view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 11:54 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
I really have no problem with people that use pot..but...unlike alcohol, which you can enjoy moderately without getting buzzed.. pot is entirely different. You are using it exclusively to get stoned.

Pot was an acceptable drug in all levels of society for many decades until it became illegal in the 30s. I have no problem with it being legal again but, lets face it, if you intend to use it you intend to get screwed up.

Alcohol for all its "evilness" can be used as a beverage without getting you drunk. Make pot
llegal and we will watch a lot more people stoned on the roads.
As a long time beer and wine educator, I am in close and constant contact with the community of people who drink for its aesthetic qualities as well as its capacity to inebriate.

As a long time bar and alcohol sales employee, I consider your premise to be naive.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:23 PM

182 posts, read 406,358 times
There are two people who don't mind their older minorchildren getting high. Do you let your kids drink alcohol, too?

Old 02-14-2011, 06:49 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I don't know. Seems like when people get high they tend to like to sit around (or lay around) instead of be out and about driving from place to place. It's kind of like a cocooning effect ... sit around, eat, laugh, listen to music. It makes people lazy.

And this is a bad thing, why? At least they're not toking up, and taking a joy ride! Besides, whats wrong with a little toke to sit back, relax, and listen to tunes? Especially after a long day of work? How people relax is their perogative.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:25 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
And this is a bad thing, why? At least they're not toking up, and taking a joy ride! Besides, whats wrong with a little toke to sit back, relax, and listen to tunes? Especially after a long day of work? How people relax is their perogative.
I didn't say it's bad.

I just said pot makes you less likely to want to be driving around.

So when it comes to "driving while under the influence" pot is better than alcohol!

Old 02-14-2011, 11:29 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I didn't say it's bad.

I just said pot makes you less likely to want to be driving around.

So when it comes to "driving while under the influence" pot is better than alcohol!

Sorry, I misinterpreted your post.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:38 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
I have tried it, and it does nothing for me. I got more of a "result" from using tobacco, and that's still legal. Hence I don't see a purpose in it for me--but I don't care if others partake.

Of course, there are certain detrimental effects that are a consequence of using it, just like with alcohol, and I would expect that they be given the same consideration. Age limit, and penalties for driving or working under the influence.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:57 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
[x] I get high and yell at people who smoke in front of minors

Old 02-14-2011, 11:22 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Are you like Bill Clinton: you smoked but did not inhale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I have tried it, and it does nothing for me. I got more of a "result" from using tobacco, and that's still legal. Hence I don't see a purpose in it for me--but I don't care if others partake.

Of course, there are certain detrimental effects that are a consequence of using it, just like with alcohol, and I would expect that they be given the same consideration. Age limit, and penalties for driving or working under the influence.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:03 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
No.

I just got no "effect" that was anything better than what I got from legal tobacco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies