Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 02:13 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,321,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
I think you accidentally typed, "common sense" when you meant to say, "a mental defect".

You don't think homosexuality is right. That's cool; you're entitled to your beliefs. But when you start claiming that anyone who does not think like you is somehow mentally deficient well...then you just come off sounding like an idiot.
Nope common sense and I'm free just like yourself to have an opinion and I wont call you names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
Do you think loopholes against civil unions are fair?.
Nope but thats only because you pick at one state at a time instead of going for full federal civil unions, Obama himself is for full federal civil unions with all the benifits of marrage but no one has even tried to put in a bill to do so.

Old 02-12-2011, 03:09 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,681,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
The field of Psychology also put people who are depressed on drugs when depression is just part of life, they also put children on drugs if they don't payattention isschool so I take pretty much anything the "Field of Psychology" with a grain of salt.

the reason suicide rates are so high is because it is a disorder, My hands are clean I've never hurt anyone.

I have my opinion and your free to have yours
Um, nope. The sucides happen because they have to endure ridicule, bigtory, and brutality from people who think they are somehow damaged. When you support such a culture, whether you actively harm someone or not, you are guilty and your opinion is no longer just your opinion.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:53 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,500,918 times
What a "nice" gesture by my state's government. That said, government (and religion) has no right to tell anyone who they can and cannot hook up with.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:32 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,624,812 times
Quote:
The field of Psychology also put people who are depressed on drugs when depression is just part of life
All kinds of things are "just a part of life". That doesn't mean we should sit back and accept them. Measles, the flu, sexually transmitted diseases, etc. - these are all part of life, but I'm glad that science and medicine can treat these things. The same applies to depression.

And it's factually incorrect to say that homosexuality is caused by a mental illness. You can say it all you want, but it will still just be your uninformed opinion, and that doesn't much mean relative to all of the studies on human sexuality that educated people have done on the subject.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:35 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,394,145 times
I'm surprised that no one from the right has came out with this one so far.........so next, someone will want to marry a pineapple!!!!!

Old 02-12-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
All kinds of things are "just a part of life". That doesn't mean we should sit back and accept them. Measles, the flu, sexually transmitted diseases, etc. - these are all part of life, but I'm glad that science and medicine can treat these things. The same applies to depression.

And it's factually incorrect to say that homosexuality is caused by a mental illness. You can say it all you want, but it will still just be your uninformed opinion, and that doesn't much mean relative to all of the studies on human sexuality that educated people have done on the subject.
Compairing a physical illness to a mental illness just doesn't work, there are tests for sickness but there is no test in the world that confirms a person is Homosexual the mind is very complexed.
you say my uninformed opinion, well it is just as informed as yours, there is no proof Homosexuality is normal and anyone with the slightest bit of common sense knows two men or two women do not have the parts ment for sex with one another making it unnatural. Best friends Yes, Lovers No, confusion for sure. That doesn't make them bad people it just means they are confused or disturbed and as always thats my opinion you are free to have your own I'm in no way trying to tell you how to think.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:06 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,624,812 times
Quote:
you say my uninformed opinion, well it is just as informed as yours.
It's not my opinion. It's the opinion of every major medical and mental health organization in the modern world. I trust them a lot more than some anonymous stranger on an internet forum.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Um, nope. The sucides happen because they have to endure ridicule, bigtory, and brutality from people who think they are somehow damaged. When you support such a culture, whether you actively harm someone or not, you are guilty and your opinion is no longer just your opinion.

I will keep you in my prayers.
Nope suicides happen because someone becomes unbalanced it can be due to a number of things, all Homosexual suicides are not because they are picked on manypeople are picked on and do not kill themselves.
I support no culture and am guilty of nothing, everyone has an opinion.

Thank you for your prayers.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's not my opinion. It's the opinion of every major medical and mental health organization in the modern world. I trust them a lot more than some anonymous stranger on an internet forum.
Thats fine, I'm not trying to change your mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies