Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rachel Maddow (on politics, style, debate competency, etc.)
She is a true liberal pioneer paving the way for equality, freedom, and helping the oppressed. 33 40.74%
She is very sincere but could improve in her overall journalism and points. 7 8.64%
Neutral. Unconcerned. Disinterested. 11 13.58%
She is a fake nor liberal nor concerned with society. She is causing more uproar and noise than anything involving fairness and equality. 8 9.88%
She is the worst political commentator ever in history: poorly skilled, misleading, and ineffective. 24 29.63%
I have other opinions that I'd like to share. 3 3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 07:24 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yeah, neither did Bill Gates. What does lack of college education prove? Or more importantly what does having a college education prove (asked by a college graduate, with advanced degree)
Most people with an "advanced degree" have learned critical thinking skills by the time they earn their degree. Glenn Beck and Hannity are pure emotion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 07:28 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Can we...as ADULTS.....PLEASE lay off the derogatory school yard mentality adjectives and insults and STICK TO THE ISSUES!!!!!
Maybe after you change the status line re: your opinion concerning Palin and show a real concern for the issues instead of your liberal talking points.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
She's like a high school journalist who think she's so talented and clever and then aims her show at middle schoolers who are supposed to be impressed. That's about it. She looks down on her viewers just like Olbermann did. I just can't tolerate somebody like that who thinks people who disagree with her are idiots and that anybody who agrees with her is an even bigger idiot. At least Limbaugh and Hannity and Beck realize that to get decent ratings they have to at least be professional and reach out to the mainstream even if they don't agree with them 100%. They can clown around and be goofy like Maddow is much of the time but ratings do matter to them. She just puts so little effort into her job. A hack is what describes her best. I know MSNBC is now supported by the government now through GE but even they can't just toss money away with a news network that is becoming a joke.
A fledgling liberal news network done seriously could be started and that would push MSNBC quickly back into fourth place. I guess the broadcasting monopoly is now set up to prevent that but it would be fun to watch.
LOL "aims her show at middle schoolers".........OMG! Clearly you've never watched her show, OR if you did it went right over your head.

Ahh, and then there is the constant worship of money and ratings. Is that how you guys determine what TV to watch, the ratings? You must be kidding when you say that Beck, et al, "reach out to the mainstream".....god help us if their fans are "mainstream."

"Fledgling liberal news network".......see Current TV.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:34 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times
I've never watched Maddow-I'm game-I'll watch a show and see what the deal is.

Anyone know what time she is on?

Old 02-13-2011, 07:36 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Can we...as ADULTS.....PLEASE lay off the derogatory school yard mentality adjectives and insults and STICK TO THE ISSUES!!!!!
I see this has been addresses but I think it needs to be repeated.

Have you read your own tag line?

Old 02-13-2011, 07:41 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
I'd say that Dr. Maddow, the Rhodes Scholar, is sharper than you.
Well gosh darn it guess all us stupid folks needs to listen to her because we are to stupid to think for ourselves.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Well gosh darn it guess all us stupid folks needs to listen to her because we are to stupid to think for ourselves.
Maybe.

(p.s......it's too)

Old 02-13-2011, 08:29 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,549,515 times
There sure is a sharp divide in this poll. To be expected...

Old 02-13-2011, 09:27 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
and there you have it...so very true..
surely someone can see how these two bimbo churchy women smack in the face the entire movement that allowed them to get up on a stage and even open their mouths... Conservative huh? 50 years ago there was nothing conservative about a woman with an opinion.
Wow! Absolutely spot on!!

Old 02-13-2011, 09:33 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Well Dr. Maddow reported a hoax as a fact. I don't think she is the sharpest pencil in the pack. I have come across several well educated folks who weren't all that smart, it happens.
Of course you have...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies