Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2011, 12:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
More FOS. There's no excuse for abusing immigrants coming here honestly. It shouldn't happen and it does. Not by all of you but some of you. You're rude.

Hard as it may be to believe some black folks aren't interested in having an intra-black relation with you because they don't care for the collusive attitude as if a whole other good old boy network has greeted them. And it HAS, and what's more they know it.
Whatever. I'm done arguing this stuff with you. You aren't black, you're an outsider. I've said all i need to say on this matter and the truth is, i've already said too much. You aren't owed an explanation by black folks. No one is abusing African immigrants, and you haven't a clue as to what the hell you're talking about.

So in the end, black folks will worry about intra-black relations, and you can tend to the relations of whatever race you belong to which is your proper business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 12:25 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Seriously? How do you think most blacks ended up in the US? Timeshare? Gilt-edged invitation?
He probably thinks it was frequent flier miles.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:07 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
What does? Explain this nasty pejorative term 'oreo' that blacks put on other blacks. Explain it all at length how anyone is justified using that language on them.
I don't have to, as it means absolutely nothing to me. As I have said, whites or Asians have no monopoly on intelligence, innovation, family values or upward mobility. I don't happen to be one of those blacks who uses that term, therefore, I won't claim or attempt to own it. Ask someone who you hear talk like that. I can't help you.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:13 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
This is why it is better to just use the simple term "Black". Tying race to a geographical area is meaningless unless that geographical area is 100% that race. As others have posted, there are White people that live in Africa. It gets even weirder when you consider India. An Indian-American is a person from India who comes to America. An American-Indian is one who traces his ancestry to the indiginant inhabitants of the Americas. A Native American is one who was born here. I think we should just eliminate all referencs to race on all government forms and we'd solve a lot of problems.
Cool. You first.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:57 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
I'm not painting anything with a broad brush. I said my grandfather had to shine shoes in Arkansas to eat and was treated like garbage. These are the facts. Whether you choose to assume I have an agenda against Arkansas - or care about Arkansas for that matter - is on you.
A century isn't a tad broad? Lumping in Idaho with NY and holding up sorrowful pictures of Birmingham is the black centric definition of every state in the union. No, that's not a broad brush at all. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Agenda against Arkansas wasn't stated or slightly implied but here's that chip on your shoulder. No surprise. One mans sketches of experience in one era (just like my own) in one state of the union does not factually represent the whole story of his life or his state or his country. If no one bothered asking anyone else for their side of a story I guess it's easy to fall into the delusion that the universe revolves around you.

The biggest handicap for black kids of slave ancestry today is their American parents taking one sip of 'the black community'. Maybe they'll run away from home, band together like Brazilian waifs and march in the street "We shall overcome The black community". I'll cheer them on.

Quote:
And please stop with the pointless "I've always been a friend to black people" pandering...
First off this BS attitude of yours-- I'm not a friend to amorphous blob black people anymore than I am a friend to amorphous blob white people. I am a friend to humanity until these individuals or groups animate themselves as enemies of humanity. Then I part company as did Aunt Marie when black panthers ran roughshod over her soft spoken voice denying her wisdom and worth 'for her protection'.

Whether or not you care to take stock of your own words you've just eradicated the benefit of the doubt any other American (the nuisance majority) could have about another mythology- "race relations" in America. There are some who have no intention of getting along, abiding the law, or even considering the concept that blacks and whites could ever be friends. It's sad that your concept of friendship/ fellowship is relegated to an accountants spread sheet scrutinizing the price of everyone but the value of nothing. If you ever saw people simply getting along you'd go far out of your way to be the nasty bird in their ear. Anything happens to them KKK isn't the only prime suspect. The 'black community' can't stand seeing anyone getting along.

So keep lying to yourself. I many have friends whether or not you comprehend the concept. Some of them are black. I didn't go on a mission to find them, we found each other. You want to spit on that or my Aunt Marie you've betrayed yourself as a supremacist. You're the monster you claim to point at done you wrong. FOS on steroids.

Quote:
the facts are that legally your neighbors were worth less than you no matter how well off they were or could become in the foreseeable future.
Not fact, my neighbors were not worth less or worthless. Aunt Marie was a psychiatric nurse. She was a colleague of my grandparents in the same profession and worked her way up the exact same path they did. She earned the exact same money under state contract rules for a state run hospital. There is nothing you can say or do that will ever drag her down. There is nothing you can say or do that erases the professional relationships I had with my brothers in arms who were of every race, political orientation, from every state in the union. Somehow we figured out how to keep our acts together.

Quote:
Whether you made any conscious judgments is neither here nor there...
Neither here nor where? Your comprehension skills are irrelevant? You remind me of those who go to church, believe themselves religious, and when the preacher stands up and says "Let us pray" the warp in your brain hears "Let us prey". Sorry, we can't help you.

Quote:
I guarantee you
You can't guarantee anything when your perceptions are this far out of touch with reality. You don't get the easy out of being diagnosed with ADD. You can pay attention, but only to the bias you mean to spin relentlessly until you have no identity at all beyond a thorn. That bias is a crutch that atrophies a man's legs. You think you'll be taller if you use it but it hobbles your birthright. The people selling it to you... 'the black community'. If you are incapable of being intellectually honest about yourself this world has nothing to offer you. Be a zombie on your own dime and stop wasting my time is the consistent answer from civilization. Not just American civilization. Not just western civilization. Worldwide civilization. It's a rather unanimous thing in any culture standing.

Quote:
This is not "ancient history" or some hidden agenda to separate ourselves from mainstream America... mainstream America separated itself from us and always has.
Ancient history is slavery. The slavery that remains within our shores is the slavery you create in your head defending tumors to the death convinced it's your identity. If all you are is a victim you will remain a victim forever. The neediness in your voice is a dinner bell for predators. The helpless routine leaves you wallowing in your own filth rotting from bedsores. These are natures rules, not civilizations rules. That's reality. "Whitey" did not invent reality. You give mere mortals far too much credit. It's all in your head.

You don't want to separate yourselves from mainstream America until you do, then change your mind again, then blame everyone else what direction your feet are pointed and the very words coming out of your mouths. You believe universal legislation ought be crafted to decorate dysfunction. Spend billions on tinsel and garland to decorate drunks only to listen to highly educated drunks oblivious to every lesson complain incessantly about pernicious problems they religiously attribute to the brand of liquor?

No doubt you don't care for my tone of voice. Stop acting like a child and you won't be spoken to as a children. Stop trolling around the halls of government as pseudo intellectual panhandlers defending tumors.
The 'black community' socialization skills: FAIL.
Responsible mature adulthood: FAIL.
Well adjusted individuals YTD: FAIL.
Healthy children YTD: FAIL

You'll claim I'm racist and persecuting you but you refuse to look at this man representing authentic black culture as worthy of your attention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V4V6Lwbz-0
Look in the mirror. Discern what is the difference between this man BEING A MAN (adult) and yourself parroting manhood? Think again what precisely civilization rejects. Hint hint: authentic= constructive.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:02 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
No doubt you don't care for my tone of voice. Stop acting like a child and you won't be spoken to as a children. Stop trolling around the halls of government as pseudo intellectual panhandlers defending tumors.
The 'black community' socialization skills: FAIL.
Responsible mature adulthood: FAIL.
Well adjusted individuals YTD: FAIL.
Healthy children YTD: FAIL

You'll claim I'm racist and persecuting you but you refuse to look at this man representing authentic black culture as worthy of your attention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V4V6Lwbz-0
Look in the mirror. Discern what is the difference between this man BEING A MAN (adult) and yourself parroting manhood? Think again what precisely civilization rejects. Hint hint: authentic= constructive.
Painting an entire group of people with ANY given set of characteristics

THE ULTIMATE FAIL!

Bigotry impedes objectivity.

Of course you'd REALLY have to be a friend to humanity to understand that.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:49 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,645,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
Many American blacks are flat out jealous that most African black immigrants to the U.S.A. can and do get good jobs as a result of being better educated and more intelligent than most American blacks.

On the other hand, these same American blacks hate the African black immigrants to the U.S.A. because most of the immigrants actually can speak English properly and their men rarely abandon their own children.
So I presume you have objectively-collected statistical data from an unbiased source to support these claims? Any particular reason why you haven't shared the source of this proof?

Old 02-19-2011, 05:55 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,589,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
Many American blacks are flat out jealous that most African black immigrants to the U.S.A. can and do get good jobs as a result of being better educated and more intelligent than most American blacks.

On the other hand, these same American blacks hate the African black immigrants to the U.S.A. because most of the immigrants actually can speak English properly and their men rarely abandon their own children.
The ones from Ghana speak great English and they're usually nice!

Old 02-19-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Let's be real... most middle and upper middle class americans see no difference between a hard-working family living in the ghetto and a non-working family living in the ghetto... being poor carries the stigma of being trash in this country and you know it... And by your definition of trash then damn near this whole country used to be trashy.
Trash defined= no self respect. If you're looking for self esteem in a pile of gold you've missed the mark. I do not exist in the world to cut any man down out of some perverse pleasure seeing human suffering. Womans works often entails removing the chaff from people. Stop talking to women as your enemy and tune your ear.

Quote:
And you don't understand... there's a difference between being "wealthy" by our standards and "wealthy" enough to move here.
Let's have the proof in the pudding speak for itself. Would Oprah have killed herself by now if she did not do the inner work to heal herself? All that money at her disposal to indulge any whim or addiction would have put her on a path of self destruction. Please see the marriage of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown. He dragged her down but she let him. She had it going on but she didn't get around to doing that inner work. I hope she makes a come back but wallowing has a predictable ending. Marvin Gaye? Jimmy Hendricks? Who survives, who thrives, and who gets swallowed alive by the tumor in their mind?
Quote:
The majority of people in Jamaica and Haiti could never dream of coming here, and that's the reality when you live on the equivalent of a couple dollars a day. The ones who make it stateside already had connections with people in the states (family) or their family's wealthy enough to afford the ticket. Don't tell me you're actually trying to give these stereotypes credence. And the reason why I didn't bring up the Caribbean is because I'm strictly talking about Africans.
The majority of Jamaica means to flee their lives? Not what I experienced and I've spent considerable time there. Have you been there? Lot's of folks seem pretty happy to me. Is it perfect? Ask them. Observations of a pattern are not stereotypes and beaten trails do not constitute the only way to go about life. Follow the herd or go it alone. Choose. The war on poverty-- you need to know and accept that some of those people made a conscious choice to be poor. White examples: Amish, Monks and Nuns, hippies living in communes, Jewish living in kibbutz, subsistence farmers of rural USA, etc etc. You need to sort out poverty based on those who mean to stay put and those who mean to engage civilization tangibly/ productively. Failing to make this distinction you've defeated yourself in flawed mission objectives.

Quote:
And no, I mean the population of Chinese who are struggling with the same issues that anybody in poverty in America struggles with... much like poor whites, poor Asians appear to be more or less invisible in the greater representation community. On some level, it's fraudulent... if one can't own all products of their culture then they're not owning their culture.
All of the credit and none of the blame is fraudulent, true. But I don't worship chinese/ asian culture nor do I lend much credence to PR statements from the Chinese ministry of propaganda. Ironic they actually call themselves propganda, like truth in advertisment when a liar declares himself a liar.
I see their strengths and weaknesses and denying either is foolish. No human is immune, and no culture is immune. If chinese poverty has the appearance of being invisible in America I'd bet it's got something to do with their culture tending to beat the living daylights out of panhandlers. Ever peer in the kitchen in a chinese restaurant and see how intolerant they are of slackers? Look at India's culture endorsing that behavior and tacitly carrying on caste systems. Their suicide rate is very disturbing. Can we objectively LOOK at India's cultural faults or weaknesses without the presumption that because we are critical of a social ill that we're destroying the esteem of India? I have no hatred of Hindu or India in my heart. I have no vested interest bending them around to suit my taste or catholic sensibilities. If it works it works. If dysfunction exists (they're unhappy), doctors seeing cultural habits getting in the way of individual or community health shouldn't be ignored. If the difference between you (black man) living a healthy life is by putting down a salt shaker because you are genetically predisposed to hypertension/ strokes are you going to defy doctors orders because he's white and a white man did the scientific study? Nuts x 100. That same retardation comes from Archie Bunker who'd rather die than get a blood transfusion from a black. Don't force him. He decided to die. He needs to die when he's defending tumors. See?
Quote:
I own the fact that as a black man I'm most likely to be murdered by another black man and that I'm the least likely demographic to succeed in America other than Native Americans...
Own your citizenship and own your right to defend yourself. Own your choices about who is in your life and who is not welcome. Statistically women are supposed to die at the hands of the men in their lives. I made choices otherwise. I do not hate men but neither will I tolerate abuse/ disrespect or ignore my responsibility to defend myself waiting around for prince charming to save me. Aunt Marie made a conscious choice of pacifism. I could not follow despite my admiration & respect of her choice.

Quote:
Whites were able to define what blacks were legally up until 50 years ago.
The Bible, and most religions, are written handling womankind as an afterthought in their considerations. Same with governance. Womankind is the majority who gets little to no permission input authoring the rules. Solve that for womankind and your answers will fall into place organically.

Slaves are worthless? In Ireland my great great great grandfather could have lovingly traded me to a stranger for a goat and 2 chickens. Ain't love grand? They called it a dowry. Slaves were valued more than women. Womans work was and continues to be rewarded with punishments. Motherhood is culturally & economically punished on the globe today. Why? Look at it honestly. Don't presume I'm trying to tilt the board for grace and favor. Womankind does not animate itself to own the world covetously. I can love my father knowing he was wrong about more than a few things. I can appreciate Ireland for what it is and not deny my 'new species' American identity. Blaming me for my father when I was at the mercy of his ignorance is utterly insane. Blaming all of mankind who was equally at the mercy of a few decision makers is utterly insane.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
This is why it is better to just use the simple term "Black". Tying race to a geographical area is meaningless unless that geographical area is 100% that race. As others have posted, there are White people that live in Africa. It gets even weirder when you consider India. An Indian-American is a person from India who comes to America. An American-Indian is one who traces his ancestry to the indiginant inhabitants of the Americas. A Native American is one who was born here. I think we should just eliminate all referencs to race on all government forms and we'd solve a lot of problems.
Here's a better idea. Lets check the box stating "other" with fill in the blank and just write "American". Perhaps the government will buy a clue in the process dodging their statisticians, who will in turn be forced to look closer at humanity rather than amorphous blobs/ meaningless numbers that can't seem to be honest about root causes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies