Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you worried about the possibility of human-robot marriages?
Yes, I'm worried about it 11 8.53%
No, I'm not 113 87.60%
Not sure 5 3.88%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 06:49 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Maybe the robot's software will be inspected and if its up to date, the couple will be given a marriage license . Robots, teenagers and their adult, pets, gays/lesbians, etc. all marching in a "No Limit / No Borders Loving Pride Parades"
The homosexual radicals should love and embrace this but I’m sensing some intolerance and exclusivity from them on this. Ironic isn’t it? Whatever argument the homosexual radicals conjure up that manages to redefine marriage, if it ever comes to that, to no longer be a man and a woman, will pave the way for all manner of combinations and couplings as these groups will use the same argument for their unique agendas as well that the homosexual radicals use to destroy, er, redefine marriage. If marriage is ever redefined it will no longer be marriage anymore and as such it will be meaningless. Then again perhaps the ultimate goal is to destroy for everyone that which homosexuals cannot be a part of. If they can’t have it then they’ll see to it that nobody can!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 07:16 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
But, but these robots will pay no taxes and the Democrats better not give them Obamacare for oil for their squeaky or worn out parts and does it open the door for industrial robots to join a union?

AND, President Obama said under his plan of cap and trade electricity costs will necessarily skyrocket. How is that going to help middle class taxpayers when you have to charge up your spouse for a couple of hours before bedtime?

See any husband material here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cShYbLkhBc

Plus, I just know robots will cheat on you.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:52 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,211,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
The homosexual radicals should love and embrace this but I’m sensing some intolerance and exclusivity from them on this. Ironic isn’t it? Whatever argument the homosexual radicals conjure up that manages to redefine marriage, if it ever comes to that, to no longer be a man and a woman, will pave the way for all manner of combinations and couplings as these groups will use the same argument for their unique agendas as well that the homosexual radicals use to destroy, er, redefine marriage. If marriage is ever redefined it will no longer be marriage anymore and as such it will be meaningless. Then again perhaps the ultimate goal is to destroy for everyone that which homosexuals cannot be a part of. If they can’t have it then they’ll see to it that nobody can!
The definition of marriage only becomes meaningless if the government is involved. The government should only be in the certifying and recording business, not licensing.

Your argument was used almost word for word to try and stop interracial marriage. Which is why licensing came about in the first place. A license equals permission, so by making it permission based they could exclude other races.

You must be proud of aligning with such a fine tradition.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
The definition of marriage becomes meaningless
You seem rather unhappy about getting marriage redefined or did you somehow think that it will just end with homosexual couplings? It won’t.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:35 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
...That’s right. If gays/lesbians have gotten this far, even if they lost against Prop 8, having other so called “preferences/orientations” come out and fight for their “rights” won’t be shocking really: robots, children, teenagers, animals, etc. Watch, just watch.

All this while gays/lesbians say that other so called “preferences/orientations” are dirty, perverted, not-meant-to-be, against nature, etc. Go figure.

Answer one simple question for me, please. Can robots, children or animals sign a contract and have it be legally binding?

Old 02-19-2011, 01:40 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
what is a radical homosexual to you? is that a gay person who wants equal rights and says so "out loud" and in public? or is any gay a "radical" or perhaps gays are "ok" if they just keep what they think, feel and do behind close door?

Quote:
You seem rather unhappy about getting marriage redefined or did you somehow think that it will just end with homosexual couplings? It won’t.
yes, it will end there.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Answer one simple question for me, please. Can robots, children or animals sign a contract and have it be legally binding?
In the case of marriage involving children, animals, robots, or whatever else the law can easily be redefined to make an exception.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:12 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,211,043 times
Quote:
Did you read my post? I notice that you EDITED my post by taing the quote and removing the word ONLY!

Here is my quote. "The definition of marriage only becomes meaningless if the government is involved." I don't believe in needing the governments’ permission in order to get married, hetro or homo.

I don't care what we call marriage, it is a private affair that should only be between consenting ADULTS and those who perform the ceremony. The government should only certify the act, just as they do with birth.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
yes, it will end there.
Then you have no problem redefining marriage as long as the other aforementioned coupling combinations are excluded? As long as the homosexual activists get their way who cares, right?

Old 02-19-2011, 02:28 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Then you have no problem redefining marriage as long as the other aforementioned coupling combinations are excluded? As long as the homosexual activists get their way who cares, right?

so what is a radical homosexual you didn't answer. consenting adults should be allowed to marry. like it or not in the USA, ALL people have the same rights. if marriage is a right for hetrosexuals it should be a right for homosexuals as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies