Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2011, 05:30 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
All the developed countries have universal healthcare. Hawaii is the only US state with it. Why U.S. Social SECURITY doesnt include health SECURITY?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXJgkvF19QA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 08:29 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
That statement is just so ignorant, and completely off the mark. I'll have to tell you this though, many Canadians hate Americans and everything American because of stupid ideas like that one.

You were or are our defence from WHO???? The USA gas been Canada's biggest problem all through our history and it's only because of Canadian cunning and statesmanship that the USA didn't take us over in the early days of the country.

In both the major wars of the 20th century, Canada was fighting the foe LONG before the Americans got involved.

So who are you protecting us from now???? The Danes I suppose. LOL
Hate away.

Defense against who? Defense against anything. That's what a defense is you moron. You have a standing army regardless to protect your borders. You don't need to have a current enemy to have an army. Typical liberal argumentation: criticize and barate, offer no counter argument, and then conclude with a sarcastic remark to seal the deal.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:41 AM

1,733 posts, read 1,821,659 times
If the USA vanished tomorrow, the remaining NATO/EU countries would have about 40 % of the military budget -of Earth.

So yeah, "defense against whom" is a pretty legitimate question. Who exactly is out there that is a threat? Who do the rest of the First World need defending against? Elves?

The whole "We are defending" argument is basically a whine to sell more military hardware that is increasingly irrelevant to the world.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:50 AM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Point to remember: There is no RIGHT to healthcare since government criminalized the unlicensed trade in healthcare.
In other words, you have to get government permission FIRST.
Either directly, or indirectly.
And that's going to cost you extra.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:33 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,623,002 times
Quote:
I have insurance, but still... there are deductibles.
And besides deductibles- we pay premiums that come out of our paychecks, and our employers pay an incredible amount for each person for that insurance coverage.

Question to some of the anti universal healthcare crowd is- why should businessnes be burdened with this expense? Some are stopping providing this because it is sinking them financially to continue to provide it- then what??
People say "oh I don't want to have my tax dollars going towards covering medical care for that lazy person down the street who doesn't work, or that homeless guy around the corner." That is ridiculous thinking. Do people realize they would be covering their own care with those tax dollars as well? Sure those people against it may be lucky enough to have decent coverage now, but what if their insurance decided to dump them when they came down with something serious? Or they lost their jobs in the middle of cancer treatment? Or lost a job and became ill during that time between jobs? NO COVERAGE then!

Old 02-27-2011, 11:07 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,116,906 times
Quote:
All the developed countries have universal healthcare. Hawaii is the only US state with it. Why U.S. Social SECURITY doesnt include health SECURITY?
I would agree with a proposal for universal health care as long as it would not subsidize contraception, abortion, euthanasia, or assisted fertility treatments.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:13 PM

545 posts, read 1,555,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Can't afford it.

Watch this and picture 300 million people with the attitude these people have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dEA-S6QtKA
People don't understand that those "seniors" paid for their lifestyle when they were "kids".

Old 02-28-2011, 01:44 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Good grief...If Canadian health care was a bad as that video claims, I'd be against it too...
Lots of BS in that thing....I don't even know where to start!

Old 02-28-2011, 01:54 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
All the developed countries have universal healthcare. Hawaii is the only US state with it. Why U.S. Social SECURITY doesn't include health SECURITY?

Universal health care, like all tax and spend programs, is constitutional.

The individual mandate of Obamacare is not constitutional since Congress has no authority under the Constitution to compel any person to engage in commerce.

Having said that, the purpose of Obamacare is to destroy private insurance leaving only government options. From the ashes of private insurance, Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, Democrats hope to create a new Ponzi scheme with which to defraud the public.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:04 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Good grief...If Canadian health care was a bad as that video claims, I'd be against it too...
Lots of BS in that thing....I don't even know where to start!
Well the video is pretty much only about waiting times and innovativeness, so you could start with one of those two and finish with the other
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies