Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 08:18 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,277,309 times

Advertisements

The RINO neo-con-munist progressive control freaks just don't like the idea of a sovereign country having control of the Suez. They'd rather see it in the collective hands of the UN or some other authority. Sorry, it's Egypt's property...too freakin' bad for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 08:18 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highhat View Post
Exactly, The people of Egypt will get what they desire/ deserve.
You're damn right about that:

54% support making gender segregation in the workplace the law in their country

82% endorse the stoning of people who commit adultery

77% support whippings and cutting off of hands for crimes like theft and robbery

84% support the death penalty for those who leave the Muslim religion

54% support suicide bombing in defense of Islam, at least sometimes

Stoning, whipping, amputations, executions of apostates, suicide bombing, war with Israel.

And it's all the fault of the "Zionists"!!

Old 02-14-2011, 08:19 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,186 times
Did you read your own article? Conducting new negotiations is hardly bombing Israel. Could it go badly? Yes, but that doesn't mean it will either. You have no idea who's even going to be the president yet.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:26 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Yes, we can hope. But religiosity plays a role in Israeli politics. Heck it plays a role here in the USA. Being a realist, I don't expect it to be much of the same. You've got a problem with that?
I do ....but one can not expect a society that has their history of politics/religion tied together to one day magically seperate the two....so as pragmatism I hope for moderation....

Old 02-14-2011, 08:33 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,796,494 times
Quote:
Israel hasn't helped itself by pushing for puppet government in Egypt. And I doubt people in Israel would be happy if they dealt with a government that was someone's puppet. Now is not the time for it to complain. Now is the time to reap what it sowed for decades.

If Zionists aren't happy with change in Egypt, too bad for them. And Egypt belongs to Egyptians. They will learn to deal with that fact.
The Israeli government has made it clear that they stand behind the Egyptians in their quest for a free society..... don't you read the news????

What the Israelis fear is that a new Iran will take hold in Egypt (which would be against what the Egyptians want in the first place!!) Do you want another nut in the middle east like in Iran not only oppressing his own people but threatening stability worldwide?

Well, I think you'd be fine with anything as long as Israel is destroyed.

Yes, I know you're type. It's not that subtle.

You don't realize that a peace treaty with Israel has benefited Egypt for decades, and that the Egyptians are protesting Mubarak's domestic policies rather than international policies.

I know you're hoping for an extreme anti-Israel government to form.... and at any cost to the Egyptians.

Because that's pretty much all that these violent anti-Zionists want. Destroy Israel and the Jews and everything else comes second, including their children.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:39 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,448,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
The Israeli government has made it clear that they stand behind the Egyptians in their quest for a free society..... don't you read the news????

What the Israelis fear is that a new Iran will take hold in Egypt (which would be against what the Egyptians want in the first place!!) Do you want another nut in the middle east like in Iran not only oppressing his own people but threatening stability worldwide?

Well, I think you'd be fine with anything as long as Israel is destroyed.

Yes, I know you're type. It's not that subtle.

You don't realize that a peace treaty with Israel has benefited Egypt for decades, and that the Egyptians are protesting Mubarak's domestic policies rather than international policies.

I know you're hoping for an extreme anti-Israel government to form.... and at any cost to the Egyptians.

Because that's pretty much all that these violent anti-Zionists want. Destroy Israel and the Jews and everything else comes second, including their children.
Well Said!

Old 02-14-2011, 08:42 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,091,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
Well, folks, the New Egypt hasn't taken long to rear its ugly head.
This guy is always referred to as a "moderate" by the media here. With "moderates" like this, who needs the Muslim Brotherhood????

"Egyptian Opposition Leader Ayman Nour Declares Camp David Accords "Finished"
Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion: Egyptian Opposition Leader Ayman Nour Declares Camp David Accords "Finished"

The writer of the article correctly states:
"With democracy comes responsibility. The Egyptian people may find that out relatively soon, as even some of its non-Muslim Brotherhood emerging leaders seem hellbent on war with Israel......

If Egypt elects Nour President, and Nour follows through on his threat, the Egyptian people will get the democracy they want, and bear the consequences."

The belligerence and the threat to stability that will be coming from the new Egypt is obvious. They will be climbing over each other in an effort to prove to the masses who can be more warlike.

How sad, irresponsible,..........and dangerous.
I'm sure the Egyptians were saying the same thing when the U.S. almost elected John McCain.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:45 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,809,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
I do ....but one can not expect a society that has their history of politics/religion tied together to one day magically seperate the two....so as pragmatism I hope for moderation....
So? You seem to be doing/wishing for more than just hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post

What the Israelis fear is that a new Iran will take hold in Egypt (which would be against what the Egyptians want in the first place!!)...
Let them get what they deserve. What is your problem?

As for Israel, like I said, it will reap what it has sowed. Did Egyptians like their government working with Israel through Mubarak? You shouldn't look for answers to these kind of questions in "news".

Old 02-14-2011, 08:51 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,796,494 times
Quote:
So? You seem to be doing/wishing for more than just hope.

Let them get what they deserve. What is your problem?

As for Israel, like I said, it will reap what it has sowed. Did Egyptians like their government working with Israel through Mubarak? You shouldn't look for answers to these kind of questions in "news".
I think this basically exemplifies my earlier point.

If Israel gets destroyed, even if radical oppressive regimes take control and tons of Arabs are killed in its path, its okay.

Ladies and gentleman, we have displayed many attitudes (not all of course) of the "pro-peace" anti-Zionists.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:52 AM

43,630 posts, read 44,355,249 times
Quote:

The Egypt-Israel Peace Treaty was signed by Sadat. Mubarak just kept the treaty that was signed by the former leader. The Egyptian Military realize the benefits of keeping this peace treaty.
As for Israel, it did not interfere in Egyptian internal affairs and has no wish to do so. So Israel did not "reap" anything in Egypt.
Whatever Egyptian candidate eventually is elected as the Egyptian President will also realize that Egypt stands to lose American foreign aid if Egypt doesn't keep the peace treaty with Israel. So really it is a "wait and see" situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies