U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-14-2011, 07:35 AM
 
1,263 posts, read 2,065,009 times
Reputation: 508

Advertisements

Well, folks, the New Egypt hasn't taken long to rear its ugly head.
This guy is always referred to as a "moderate" by the media here. With "moderates" like this, who needs the Muslim Brotherhood????

"Egyptian Opposition Leader Ayman Nour Declares Camp David Accords "Finished"
Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion: Egyptian Opposition Leader Ayman Nour Declares Camp David Accords "Finished"


The writer of the article correctly states:
"With democracy comes responsibility. The Egyptian people may find that out relatively soon, as even some of its non-Muslim Brotherhood emerging leaders seem hellbent on war with Israel......

If Egypt elects Nour President, and Nour follows through on his threat, the Egyptian people will get the democracy they want, and bear the consequences."


The belligerence and the threat to stability that will be coming from the new Egypt is obvious. They will be climbing over each other in an effort to prove to the masses who can be more warlike.

How sad, irresponsible,..........and dangerous.

Last edited by lamontnow; 02-14-2011 at 07:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-14-2011, 07:41 AM
 
16,553 posts, read 11,059,229 times
Reputation: 4226
Of course!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 07:46 AM
 
1,041 posts, read 1,262,875 times
Reputation: 762
Some candidates will probably try to get votes with anti-Israel rhetoric, but I doubt this would lead to war. War with Israel would mean disaster for any country in the Middle East.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 07:56 AM
 
3,568 posts, read 3,181,841 times
Reputation: 1364
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
Well, folks, the New Egypt hasn't taken long to rear its ugly head.
This guy is always referred to as a "moderate" by the media here. With "moderates" like this, who needs the Muslim Brotherhood????

"Egyptian Opposition Leader Ayman Nour Declares Camp David Accords "Finished"
Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion: Egyptian Opposition Leader Ayman Nour Declares Camp David Accords "Finished"


The writer of the article correctly states:
"With democracy comes responsibility. The Egyptian people may find that out relatively soon, as even some of its non-Muslim Brotherhood emerging leaders seem hellbent on war with Israel......

If Egypt elects Nour President, and Nour follows through on his threat, the Egyptian people will get the democracy they want, and bear the consequences."


The belligerence and the threat to stability that will be coming from the new Egypt is obvious. They will be climbing over each other in an effort to prove to the masses who can be more warlike.

How sad, irresponsible,..........and dangerous.
Right now it doesn't matter who is elected president. For the time being the power will reside with the military. Fortunately the Egyptian military has no stomach for a war with Israel. At least right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 07:59 AM
 
Location: Londonderry, NH
41,505 posts, read 49,582,235 times
Reputation: 24548
Macho posturing is apparently a way to win votes in a macho society. Surprise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 08:02 AM
 
13,180 posts, read 12,696,103 times
Reputation: 4531
The reasoning of a 3rd grader.

Because they can point to one person in one country of Millions that said something mean to Israel.

1)That means it's a valid threat.

2) That means that one person speaks for the majority.

3) This instantly transforms Egypt into some military power to threaten poor Israel.


Folks you have some right wing Israeli citizens in this forum that think you are fools.

BTW Israeli leaders routinely threaten to attack other countries and they have the means and the brutal nature to do so.

That threat is 100X more real than what some political clown is Egypt is doing by trying to rile up his base.

Last edited by padcrasher; 02-14-2011 at 08:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 08:02 AM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 24,015,901 times
Reputation: 12105
Israel hasn't helped itself by pushing for puppet government in Egypt. And I doubt people in Israel would be happy if they dealt with a government that was someone's puppet. Now is not the time for it to complain. Now is the time to reap what it sowed for decades.

If Zionists aren't happy with change in Egypt, too bad for them. And Egypt belongs to Egyptians. They will learn to deal with that fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 08:12 AM
 
76 posts, read 33,935 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Israel hasn't helped itself by pushing for puppet government in Egypt. And I doubt people in Israel would be happy if they dealt with a government that was someone's puppet. Now is not the time for it to complain. Now is the time to reap what it sowed for decades.

If Zionists aren't happy with change in Egypt, too bad for them. And Egypt belongs to Egyptians. They will learn to deal with that fact.
Exactly, The people of Egypt will get what they desire/ deserve.

It is not up to America or Israel. - Wow such arrogance amongst the zionists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 08:13 AM
 
1,432 posts, read 875,708 times
Reputation: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Israel hasn't helped itself by pushing for puppet government in Egypt. And I doubt people in Israel would be happy if they dealt with a government that was someone's puppet. Now is not the time for it to complain. Now is the time to reap what it sowed for decades.

If Zionists aren't happy with change in Egypt, too bad for them. And Egypt belongs to Egyptians. They will learn to deal with that fact.
Zionists...what the Hell? Lets just hope reasonable people will lead, not realigous zealots....most people have no patientce with that ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 08:17 AM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,777 posts, read 24,015,901 times
Reputation: 12105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
Zionists...what the Hell? Lets just hope reasonable people will lead, not realigous zealots....most people have no patientce with that ...
Yes, we can hope. But religiosity plays a role in Israeli politics. Heck it plays a role here in the USA. Being a realist, I don't expect it to be much of the same. You've got a problem with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top