Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2011, 09:12 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
who is planiing to destroy the country from within?
To call it "planning" will be a misnomer. Sometimes, people happen to support policies that are destructive even if they had the best interest in their mind, out of ideologies or sheer ignorance. I prefer to use self-defeaters as the term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
Why don't we ask the 40% or so of Americans not paying taxes to pay something for the servifes they recieve - fire, police, etc.? When we say tax cuts, it implies that it is ok for a small percentage of Americans to pay an entire tab? Now would I want to pay for dinner at a restaurant for the 2 tables next to me - if thecy could not aford the dinner, why are they partaking of the meal? I wold be willing to bet that would help our revenues...
It doesn't address any of the questions/concerns of my post. To avoid distraction, let us handle that first, and I will gladly discuss your points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 09:17 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
maybe a well orchestrated plan to destroy this country from within?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I've been saying that since 2001.
Quote:
To call it "planning" will be a misnomer. Sometimes, people happen to support policies that are destructive even if they had the best interest in their mind, out of ideologies or sheer ignorance. I prefer to use self-defeaters as the term.

It doesn't address any of the questions/concerns of my post. To avoid distraction, let us handle that first, and I will gladly discuss your points.
Then why have you been saying that since 2001,

Old 02-15-2011, 09:34 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
We have debt, we do not need to add to it, in fact we need to reduce it. Until Congress finds the nerve to deal with that, we will continue to operate on borrowed money. The President has provided a way for Congress to deal with it. The Deficit Commission was put together by the President, Congress is ignoring the recommendations, both Dem and Repub. As far as the rail and other infrastructure building, that makes sense. I kind of missed the UHC you refer to, I only wish that were true. The President cannot adopt the Deficit Comm ideas, Congress has to adopt them. Please don't learn Civics from TV, it doesn't serve you well.

That is a laugh.

Obama completelty ignored the deficit commission's suggestions, as he -

1. will not touch entitlements
2. will not reverse Obamacare
3. Has made "budget cuts" to programs which had marked increase in spending for a "one time period" due to the "emergency" of the financial crisis.
4. Most of the programs he is suggestinig 'cutting" are in the discretionary spending category, which is a drop in the bucket. Further, these "cuts" are 25-30% INCREASES over the 2008 budget.

In short, Obama lacks the will to do ANYTHING to cut spending and prefers to doom the nation. That is the liberal way- stick your head in the sand until chaos erupts.

What needs to be done?

1. Freeze all discretionary spending to 2008 levels
2. Increase social security age to age 70
3. Mandate immediate 10% CUTS in Medicare and Medicaid spending
4. Make a balanced budget each year a constitutional amendment
5. Repeal Obamacare

Old 02-15-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Then why have you been saying that since 2001,
Because of the direction the country took.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:48 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That is a laugh.

Obama completelty ignored the deficit commission's suggestions, as he -

1. will not touch entitlements
2. will not reverse Obamacare
3. Has made "budget cuts" to programs which had marked increase in spending for a "one time period" due to the "emergency" of the financial crisis.
4. Most of the programs he is suggestinig 'cutting" are in the discretionary spending category, which is a drop in the bucket. Further, these "cuts" are 25-30% INCREASES over the 2008 budget.

In short, Obama lacks the will to do ANYTHING to cut spending and prefers to doom the nation. That is the liberal way- stick your head in the sand until chaos erupts.

What needs to be done?

1. Freeze all discretionary spending to 2008 levels
2. Increase social security age to age 70
3. Mandate immediate 10% CUTS in Medicare and Medicaid spending
4. Make a balanced budget each year a constitutional amendment
5. Repeal Obamacare
Get a clue, please.

Obama: Medicare, Social Security Need Compromise : NPR (http://www.npr.org/2011/02/15/133776692/obama-medicare-social-security-need-compromise?ft=1&f=1014&sc=tw - broken link)

Old 02-15-2011, 09:48 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,898 times
Quote:
That is a bit simplistic....the country has bene doing that far greater than since 2001.......I don't see this problem being corrected until we actually elect people who -

1. Put running the Govt like a business, instead of catering to special interests
2. Have no fear of not being reelected,
3. Realize that they have to prioritize areas
4. Believe in balancing the budget and not governing on the emotional responses of people...

Old 02-15-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
so there was a plan

Old 02-15-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Get a clue, please.

Obama: Medicare, Social Security Need Compromise : NPR (http://www.npr.org/2011/02/15/133776692/obama-medicare-social-security-need-compromise?ft=1&f=1014&sc=tw - broken link)
Typical response to a real solution

Old 02-15-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
so there was a plan
To implement an ideology, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
That is a bit simplistic....the country has bene doing that far greater than since 2001.......I don't see this problem being corrected until we actually elect people who -

1. Put running the Govt like a business, instead of catering to special interests
2. Have no fear of not being reelected,
3. Realize that they have to prioritize areas
4. Believe in balancing the budget and not governing on the emotional responses of people...
Try responding to my earlier post which actually has specific points made on the deficit issue. Ideology based debates don't go anywhere, and we could spare this one, at least for now.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:11 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Speaker Boehner: President Obama's Budget "Spending the Future" - The Note

So, apparently obama will cut the deficit by $1.1 trillion over ten years, but what he doesn't tell you is that the combined deficit will be over $10 trillion.

He is truly clueless.

Included in this boondoggle, all these taxes;

Obama's FY2012 Budget:<br> Taxes, Taxes, and More Taxes

He's back again with the tax hikes that have been previously rejected.

White House Expects Federal Deficit to Spike to $1.65 Trillion - WSJ.com

He really thinks this massive spending spree will result in bringing down the deficit.

I'd say this budget is DOA in Congress AND America.
I'd say you are absolutely correct.

It is time to give this POS Presidential "Poser" the heave-ho and dump him on the ash-bin of failed/disgraced political hacks.

If anyone believes anything this walking, talking LIE utters (Obama the Destroyer), they are a world class fools.

Imagine, part of his deficit-reduction calculation included a 5% rate of growth in the economy!!!!! When pigs fly at supersonic speeds while we have 5% rate of growth while Obama keeps his boot on the throat of the economy.

End the entitlements - especially welfrare, eliminate entire Department and their budgets (Energy, Education, HUD, etc.) as well as money pits like Amtrak and a whole host of money wasters is a start.

Chop, baby, Chop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies