Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 05:16 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,771,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Yet another person who didn't read the news article. This woman WAS INDEED PROSECUTED AND FOUND GUILTY. What's with the "person who committed this crime needs to be prosecuted"? Huh? She was prosecuted already.

Her had started an organization and named it Minutemen something. The small group guarded the border to prevent people from crossing illegally. that's what they did. SO.......there IS A CONNECTION to her "politics". She reportedly killed the victim in a robbery. The motive for the robbery was to get money to FUND HER MINUTEMEN ORGANIZATION.

Good, glad she was prosecuted, she deserved what she got. As I said in my original post, any death is sad, especially that of a child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 05:18 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,090,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Every single time some horrific crime occurs by an individual, the media and the Left act so desperately quick to find if they can use it for political gain. Even if they dont know a person's
political belief, as if that should matter, they still try and use it for that purpose.

Gee, how come they didnt bother pointing out that the man who flew a plane into an IRS building, happened to be a Bush hater? Or the woman who killed a couple people in an office building was an Obama supporter? Im not saying it shouldve been the focus, but I think that just goes to show you what exactly the media and some on the Left are all about. It happens all the time and it truly is just sick.
Where's the poliltical gain in this story? Where? I don't see any political gain in this thread.

The woman just happened to be a right wing extremist AND a criminal. The very organization she CREATED herself was called a Minutemen organization because she was taking the law into her own hands by guarding the border to prevent people from crossing illegally. What? You think there are no right wing lunatics out there? Of course there are. Just as there are surely some left wing lunatics. And don't pretend for one minute that you wouldn't delightfully post anything derrogatory or criminal action taken by a lunatic left winger.

And, if you will check old posts on this very site, you'll find that many people did point out that the IRS guy was a Bush hater. It's not hard to find.

If you define these kinds of post as "truly just sick" then you live in a fantasy world and have no clue as to what is "truly sick" in this world.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:20 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,952,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Ok dude, I can clearly see you are nothing but about politics here.....forget the crimes committed, let's just get them Conservatives and name call, good for you...nevermind the fact that You mentioned Liberals in your original post. What do liberals or conservatives have to do with this murder? The person who committed this crime needs to be prosecuted because of their crimes, not because of them being liberal or conservative, or does that not fit into your agenda?
Right wing politically motivated murders don't happen folks.....Nothing to see here.......Move along!

Knoxville Unitarian Universalist church shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-14-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Good, glad she was prosecuted, she deserved what she got. As I said in my original post, any death is sad, especially that of a child.
Her punishment has not been determined yet. There will be a separate trial to determine whether or not she gets life or death.

OF COURSE the death of a child is sad. I personally think that the death of her father was sad too. And the focus of this thread is what has happened to the killer. Usuallly people on this site are enormously happy at such a conviction and praying for a death sentence.

And I dare say that if the woman had not wanted to steal money to FUND HER MINUTEMEN ORGANIZATION, it's really possible that that child would not have been killed.l

Old 02-14-2011, 05:23 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,128,577 times
Quote:
Where's the poliltical gain in this story? Where? I don't see any political gain in this thread.

The woman just happened to be a right wing extremist AND a criminal. The very organization she CREATED herself was called a Minutemen organization because she was taking the law into her own hands by guarding the border to prevent people from crossing illegally. What? You think there are no right wing lunatics out there? Of course there are. Just as there are surely some left wing lunatics. And don't pretend for one minute that you wouldn't delightfully post anything derrogatory or criminal action taken by a lunatic left winger.

And, if you will check old posts on this very site, you'll find that many people did point out that the IRS guy was a Bush hater. It's not hard to find.

If you define these kinds of post as "truly just sick" then you live in a fantasy world and have no clue as to what is "truly sick" in this world.
Dont play dumb. You know exactly what im talking about. While in this case, seeing how she was robbing to pay for her organization is worthy of making note, but to focus solely on that as some are is wrong and not relevant. Using this to try and slander people who are on the "right" is sick and pathetic.

Its all about personal responsibility. This woman could have been the head of a "left wing" group, and she wouldve done the same exact thing. Why? Because that is who she is. It wasnt being a right winger, as you call it, that made her do what she did. It was her own lack of common sense, conscience, etc.

And really, you act like the Arizona shooting didnt just happen and we all saw how the media and the Left, FALSELY tried to paint that clown as some right winger and that it all had to do with "rhetoric". I think it became quickly clear that that crime in AZ was committed because he was an insane nutjob who doesnt deserve another breath.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Her punishment has not been determined yet. There will be a separate trial to determine whether or not she gets life or death.

OF COURSE the death of a child is sad. I personally think that the death of her father was sad too. And the focus of this thread is what has happened to the killer. Usuallly people on this site are enormously happy at such a conviction and praying for a death sentence.

And I dare say that if the woman had not wanted to steal money to FUND HER MINUTEMEN ORGANIZATION, it's really possible that that child would not have been killed.l

Well for one, I am against the death penalty and two she was and is a lunatic idiot. Some people are just demented regardless of their political or fiscal/social leanings.....

Old 02-14-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Right wing politically motivated murders don't happen folks.....Nothing to see here.......Move along!

Knoxville Unitarian Universalist church shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thought this thread was about, "What has happened to the killer" as Perlier pointed out in an earlier post? So this thread was political all along? For shame, for shame.......

Old 02-14-2011, 05:34 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,318,773 times
The leader (Forde) of this group is a drug dealer/addict that hid under the guise of a "minuteman" group.

Head of the Minuteman American Defense Attacked

Old 02-14-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
What the heck is your point? I told you I dont give a damn if she was the "leader" of the group or not. Her actions were criminal and despicable, as they led to the deaths of innocent people. Being right wing or conservative had nothing to do with it. Her own short falls and stupid, poor judgement led to what happened. Not because she called her self this or that or led this group or that group.
Wrong. Again. It doesn't matter whether you "give a damn" or not. Facts are facts. And these are the facts:

My point is that her criminal actions were motivated by HER DESIRE TO FUND HER ORGANIZATION, which was clearly an extremist right wing organization. That involves POLITICS whether you like it or not. Who are you to say whether or not she was a "true conservative"? Huh? Are you the judge who the "real conservatives" are throughout the country?

The woman started an extremist organization, which she called Minutemen something, and they guarded the border to prevent people from crossing illegally. THAT'S POLITICAL. And she and her Minutemen members were taking the law into their own hands when they did that. She needed funding for her organization and that was the motive for the robbery. The murders were committed in an effort to raise funds for her Minutemen organization. Those are the facts which apparently came out at trial. The jury obviously believed those facts and found her guilty.

Again, whether you give a damn what her motives were really doesn't matter. Seems that you're just trying to guilt trip people for posting news and assigning motives to people based on your biases.

As I said, if you think publicizing news like this is "truly sick" then you must live in a fantasyland and have absolutely no clue what is really "sick" in this world!

Old 02-14-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
The leader of this group is a drug dealer/addict that hid under the guise of a "minuteman" group.
Her group was somewhat well known. I remember reading about these people before the murder was ever committed.

It's unfortunate that the group had some credibility before all these things happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies