Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 06:00 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
They use neo cons instead of saying Jews, it really is thinly veiled anti-semitism.
As compared to your unveiled baseless, inane, asinine allegation?

You're definitely in the running for the most misplaced, poorly played use of the "anti-semite!" card though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 06:03 AM

4,559 posts, read 4,100,369 times
Bush and the neo cons put us in the hole we're in. The giant defecit, the recession, the wars, thatsall their mess.

Obama has been left to clean it up. Admittedly, he's been doing a crappy job.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:14 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

You're definitely in the running for the most misplaced, poorly played use of the "anti-semite!" card though.

Reminds me of Uncle Leo...Heloooooooo Jerry.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:21 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Reminds me of Uncle Leo...Heloooooooo Jerry.
Reminds me of being probably the most inane allegation I've ever read on CD, that the term NeoCon is just a veiled form of anti-semitism.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:29 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Reminds me of being probably the most inane allegation I've ever read on CD, that the term NeoCon is just a veiled form of anti-semitism.
Nothing new. They keep rolling it out but it goes nowhere because it is BS. Instant loss of credibility whenever some one uses it in this context.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:32 AM

76 posts, read 45,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Maybe because many of you (Rs/TPers) said nothing when Bush was at the helm causing many of the problems you blame on Obama.

If you're left with a really deep hole, you have to do somethig to try to get out.

Take, for instance, the bailouts.
Bush started them and set most of them into play.

Who started the wars in the middle east? Bush & neo-cons; not Obama.
You just proved the OP's point. Thank you- On to the next thread.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:05 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highhat View Post
You just proved the OP's point. Thank you- On to the next thread.
Takes two to tengo...a President generally can't ake things happen without COngress spport...if people want to go around running like cickens with their head cut off and blaming any President, make sure you incude the Congress.....Wars, Budgets, Policies, etc require some COngress support....

Old 02-15-2011, 09:01 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:

I am sure you have no idea how the term neo con came about so I am unsurprised that my comments baffle you.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:07 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Conservative: "Wow, I can't believe we're going to have a $1.1 Trillion deficit next year. Obama just doesn't get."

Liberal: "Oh yeh? Well Bush wasn't that good with our deficit either. Now it's our turn; get used to it."

Seems to be the general discourse in the country: not sure what it solves exactly
You're utterly ignorant of realities if you don't think that policies put in place, years before Obama took office have had their impact on present day deficits. A bit of reality check to help you out:
1- 2001 was the last year with a budget surplus. It was also a year in recession.
2- Freezing spending at that year's level, adjusted to inflation, would have still created a big deficit in 2009. Have you thought about it? And if you have, why do you think that is?
3- Had the federal tax revenues grown with the economy between 2001 and 2009 at the same rate as it had for at least a few decades earlier, tax receipts in 2009 would have been over a trillion dollar more. Instead, we're stuck at a level LOWER than 2001. What is responsible for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
They use neo cons instead of saying Jews, it really is thinly veiled anti-semitism.
So, do you think it is really the policies created and implemented by Jews that is responsible for the points I just made above?

Old 02-15-2011, 09:15 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You're utterly ignorant of realities if you don't think that policies put in place, years before Obama took office have had their impact on present day deficits. A bit of reality check to help you out:
1- 2001 was the last year with a budget surplus. It was also a year in recession.
2- Freezing spending at that year's level, adjusted to inflation, would have still created a big deficit in 2009. Have you thought about it? And if you have, why do you think that is?
3- Had the federal tax revenues grown with the economy between 2001 and 2009 at the same rate as it had for at least a few decades earlier, tax receipts in 2009 would have been over a trillion dollar more. Instead, we're stuck at a level LOWER than 2001. What is responsible for that?

So, do you think it is really the policies created and implemented by Jews that is responsible for the points I just made above?
would you guys please look up what a neocon is before you post anymore. Sheesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies