Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 09:29 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,892,402 times

Advertisements

Conservative: "Wow, I can't believe we're going to have a $1.1 Trillion deficit next year. Obama just doesn't get."

Liberal: "Oh yeh? Well Bush wasn't that good with our deficit either. Now it's our turn; get used to it."

Seems to be the general discourse in the country: not sure what it solves exactly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 09:33 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,741,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Conservative: "Wow, I can't believe we're going to have a $1.1 Trillion deficit next year. Obama just doesn't get."

Liberal: "Oh yeh? Well Bush wasn't that good with our deficit either. Now it's our turn; get used to it."

Seems to be the general discourse in the country: not sure what it solves exactly
They use neo cons instead of saying Jews, it really is thinly veiled anti-semitism.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:47 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,206,000 times
It is because most people don't know enough to intelligently discuss deep issues, so they resort to the personalities of politics because those are much easier to discuss. One can easily debate the merits of Obama’s birth place or Bush’s IQ and bring up tons of re-circulated “facts” that make them sound knowledgeable about politics, especially among like mined people. Most TV and radio pundits have made their careers out of doing this.

In many ways it is also a throw back to high school pep rallies, they get to cheer their team together and call them #1 even if their record is 2-10.

BTW, this goes for liberals and conservatives.

Last edited by hilgi; 02-14-2011 at 10:02 PM..

Old 02-14-2011, 09:58 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,654,949 times
The decisions any president makes are far reaching and long lasting. When one side tries to pin the problems of the nation on the current president the other side will invariably point out that the current situation didn't just start on Jan 20th, 2008. What bothers me more is that when it comes to fixes to the current situation, both side are diametricly opposed to each other's solutions. Pointing fingers is the only form of comunication in partisan politics.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:08 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,516,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post

Yep Herman Cain was right about liberals indeed, They S.I.N.

S-hift the topic
I-gnore the facts
N-ame call

Deflection is one very solid method that Alinsky taught his liberal community organizers and that they are conditioned to believe the government.

Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama) believes that he is superior to most of the rest of us and he is entitled to impose his will on us by any means necessary.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:13 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,654,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Yep Herman Cain was right about liberals indeed, They S.I.N.

S-hift the topic
I-gnore the facts
N-ame call

Deflection is one very solid method that Alinsky taught his liberal community organizers and that they are conditioned to believe the government.

Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama) believes that he is superior to most of the rest of us and he is entitled to impose his will on us by any means necessary.
Yaeh Right! Give me a break. I could fill up this thread with hundreds of posts on C-D from hard core right wingers using the exact same S.I.N. method. Love how you shifted the topic from the Op's thoughts to a personal opinionated slam at Obama.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:14 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,266,164 times
Maybe because many of you (Rs/TPers) said nothing when Bush was at the helm causing many of the problems you blame on Obama.

If you're left with a really deep hole, you have to do somethig to try to get out.

Take, for instance, the bailouts.
Bush started them and set most of them into play.

Who started the wars in the middle east? Bush & neo-cons; not Obama.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Yaeh Right! Give me a break. I could fill up this thread with hundreds of posts on C-D from hard core right wingers using the exact same S.I.N. method. Love how you shifted the topic from the Op's thoughts to a personal opinionated slam at Obama.
Well that's just YOUR personal opinionated view

Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama) Character and Policies have dictated his fate not even the 'MISGUIDED' liberals like being lied to, after all his is what he is

Old 02-14-2011, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Maybe because many of you (Rs/TPers) said nothing when Bush was at the helm causing many of the problems you blame on Obama.

If you're left with a really deep hole, you have to do somethig to try to get out.

Another Liberal Swing & Miss

It's the Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama)
Show now, in fact If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:30 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,206,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

I understand your complaints and I do agree, both sides are just as guilty in this regard.

You may want to look deeper into history than just Bush, most problems we have today go back decades. Just for example the middle east issue has been a bi-partisan mistake for decades. (D) Harry Truman’s government was in charge when we helped the UK tople the Iranian government and instill the Shah. 60 years later we are still paying for that one.

We should have listened to Jefferson.

Look beyond political parties and pep rally politics, it is the elite that is the problem, left and right.

We need the government out of the game and only have them as referee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies