Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 02:43 PM

16 posts, read 28,196 times

Advertisements

and the gop won because the public didnt like obamas decision making regarding huge amounts of debt being wracked up.

they expect the gop to be a part of government with solutions, not go on with this birth certificate crap.

if they continue with the birther bills and wasting time on that, they will be out in 12 like the dems in 08.

americans dont like radicals. thats what birthers are. america will move from them, i guarantee it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 03:17 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,823,173 times
I think it is a good idea for the Birthers to get voice. Hopefully the GOP keeps condoning it. It does nothing but help Obama. I say, don't try to stop them. While we are at it, we should promote Palin for Pres and Beck for VP.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:19 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,405,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
The stupidity of the right is astounding.
Just as the left is comprised primarily of colossally ignorant buffoons, with the occasional sexual pervert in the mix.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:21 PM

16 posts, read 28,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think it is a good idea for the Birthers to get voice. Hopefully the GOP keeps condoning it. It does nothing but help Obama. I say, don't try to stop them. While we are at it, we should promote Palin for Pres and Beck for VP.
i want 2 strong parties though. i dont consider myself an idealogue. ill vote for dems, republicans, independents, anybody i like. hell, i voted for republican house in my district and an independent for governor this november. this birther crap just makes me want to stay away from the gop though. that's unfortunate for me, since they have some people im interested in like romney and thune.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:52 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,675,147 times
Basically Obama rose to power from a unknown by sellig the evil american emire to some and free stuff promises to others.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:14 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,189,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
You seem to be the only one stuck on this.

OP accuses the GOP

OP is proven wrong.

Period. End of discussion...except for you.

Or....aren't people here allowed to prove someone lied anymore?
Actually, I did a bit of checking, and you are WRONG (although I'm too nice to call you a liar). Andy Martin, a conservative activist, started the early email rumors back in 2004 (after Obama spoke at the Democratic Convention), that Obama is a Muslim, and he was the one who developed the birth certificate argument and continued to push the issue forward along with other conservative activists. The other poster is CORRECT--Philip J. Berg, a Hillary supporter and a 9/11 truther crackpot with ABSOLUTELY NO CONNECTION TO HILLARY OR HER CAMPAIGN jumped on the bandwagon and filed a lawsuit on the issue against Obama, after being urged to do so by a low level campaign volunteer in one of Hillary's local campaign offices in TX--she was not a leader or strategist of the campaign in any way. Clinton denounced the whole thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Ma...can_politician)

SO--the OP is NOT wrong--it was started by conservatives, and the statement that Hillary Clinton was also involved is ALSO COMPLETELY FALSE.

As far as my R credentials--like I said--just keep this up and see what kind of support you get from moderates next time around. We (the R's) used to be the party of business and reason--the radicals and conspiracy theorists were the democrats. That's been blown out of the water, and that's why I'm an independent now.

Last edited by mb1547; 02-15-2011 at 05:03 PM..

Old 02-15-2011, 08:31 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times
Funny thing about so-called birthers: I suspect it wouldn't take them 2+ years to come up with the long form of their birth certificate.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:30 PM

1,179 posts, read 973,793 times
Default Poll: 51 percent of GOP primary voters think Obama born abroad

Quote:
n a shocking finding, more than half of GOP primary voters believe President Barack Obama was not born in the United States, according to a new poll. Fifty-one percent of 400 Republican primary voters surveyed nationwide by Public Policy Polling said they ascribe to the controversial birther conspiracy theory — despite the fact that the state of Hawaii has posted Obama’s certificate of live birth.
Shocking really, the absurdity of it all.

Read more: Poll: 51 percent of GOP primary voters think Obama born abroad - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Old 02-15-2011, 09:33 PM

1,295 posts, read 2,504,236 times
The president was born a broad? And all this time I thought he was a guy.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:37 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,624,812 times
The Republican Party has attracted the Neanderthal crowd over the last several years, so it's not a surprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies