Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 08:35 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I see you're picky with your responses are on the subject. But, this is your first post in the thread that has nothing to do with the issue.
I beg to differ. His/her post pertains to a previous post on MY thread and it is totally valid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 08:36 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Compared to hundreds of billions lost via tax cuts, you bet it isn't. There must be a reason tax revenue collection was at a measely $2.1 trillion in 2009.

Well the Dems had four years to cut, and what did the do? They spent more! So forgive me if I am unimpressed with their performance.

As for tax revenue being down. Psssst, we're in a recession, 10% of you fellow Americans are out of work. Did you expect revenue to go up? It must be Dem math...............

Old 02-16-2011, 08:36 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
So is it your belief that the Obama administration would provide numbers that make it sound worse than it really is?
If it does, then it is not playing politics. I prefer real numbers, as opposed to those that are made to sound good (and almost never bad, as it is not expedient politically to do so).

Old 02-16-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
No, considering we're talking about the 2012 budget. You know the one republicans are expected to have in their budget proposal this week.

LOL, so it was OK last year, but you have a problem with it this year? Gotcha!

By the way this ain't a budget proposal, this is appropriations.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:38 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Well the Dems had four years to cut, and what did the do? They spent more! So forgive me if I am unimpressed with their performance.

As for tax revenue being down. Psssst, we're in a recession, 10% of you fellow Americans are out of work. Did you expect revenue to go up? It must be Dem math...............
But... you claim democrats are tax and spend, while republicans are fiscally conservative. Now, when republicans seem okay with spending, you're still blaming the democrats?

I guess you support the idea if republicans go for it? And remember, this is 2012 budget we're talking about.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
But... you claim democrats are tax and spend, while republicans are fiscally conservative. Now, when republicans seem okay with spending, you're still blaming the democrats?

I guess you support the idea if republicans go for it? And remember, this is 2012 budget we're talking about.

Typical lefty double talk. $100 billion in cuts is now spending. I suppose up is down, and left is right too!

Again, this isn't the budget. But I am sure that is difficult for some one who thinks cutting is spending.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:40 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post

Very well said!

I am sometimes left not knowing what to say when the dems/libs try to twist things around so crazily.

I just do not understand dem math.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:41 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
If it does, then it is not playing politics. I prefer real numbers, as opposed to those that are made to sound good (and almost never bad, as it is not expedient politically to do so).
That would be true about not playing politics, but it's hard to imagine that the administration, or any administration, would provide numbers that leaned toward the worse, especially considering the 19% projections.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:41 AM

898 posts, read 827,477 times
Same ol', same ol' in the politics forum, I see. What a freakin' waste of life.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:43 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
President Obama has a lot more of a clue than some from South Carolina.
He probably has more of a clue than some from each state; that doesn't change the facts about this budget proposal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies