Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 11:09 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,229,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I just saw someone post that passage on my facebook and it just happens to be perfect and correct.
A progressive's mind is marginally easier to read than Cat in the Hat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 11:09 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,065,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Sort of. She should channel her efforts to hurt enrollment and to get the school closed down through the free market, distributing fliers outside the school in a public place, etc. She should also advertise for competing private schools in the area if they will let her. I'm against her termination, but it is a right to work state.

I have a feeling she would help enrollment. Most parents don't like teachers USING their children for their personal agendas.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:10 AM

6,392 posts, read 5,151,619 times
Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I've gotten tired of Teacher's agendas being spread to our kids in the public schools. We've got a problem with one now. She's a big time vegan and when my kids mentioned they like to hunt with Daddy she gave them an earful about evil guns, eating meat and bad hunters. Just teach English lady. Leave your personal views at home and if you ask kids about their lives don't comment on them.
My daughter had an English teacher, and once she sent a letter home with my daughter outlining several complaints she had with my daughter. Now understand, I have been known to misspell words, and my sentence structure is not always perfect, but in two paragraphs, she had a total of 27 mistakes, (that I could readily see), to include grammatical errors, misspelled words, and missing punctuation. THIS coming from an ENGLISH teacher. I corrected the page as best I could and sent it back with my daughter, and I took a copy to the school principal, and requested my daughter get an English teacher, who had an understanding of the subject she was teaching.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:12 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,229,050 times
Quote:
I have a feeling she would help enrollment. Most parents don't like teachers USING their children for their personal agendas.
Good for the school then. The free market has spoken. If I were her, I'd distribute fliers on public property outside the school. But then again, I wouldn't be in her situation to begin with because I don't litter my car with bumperstickers. I may be seeking a tenure track position after graduation and cannot afford to make my political tendencies known to my colleagues.

She cannot be sued for libel if the content of her distribution merely stated that she was fired for her bumperstickers.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:18 AM

50,084 posts, read 46,672,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
My daughter had an English teacher, and once she sent a letter home with my daughter outlining several complaints she had with my daughter. Now understand, I have been known to misspell words, and my sentence structure is not always perfect, but in two paragraphs, she had a total of 27 mistakes, (that I could readily see), to include grammatical errors, misspelled words, and missing punctuation. THIS coming from an ENGLISH teacher. I corrected the page as best I could and sent it back with my daughter, and I took a copy to the school principal, and requested my daughter get an English teacher, who had an understanding of the subject she was teaching.
Wow, that's scary.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:21 AM

256 posts, read 215,866 times
Quote:
I guess you want to ignore her own words

Most left wing teachers have a personal agenda- to teach kids - their personal agenda. It's called indoctrination and propaganda.
I really can't understand this. Why do people have to make ridiculous generalizations all the time? Can't issues be discussed without the stereotyping?

Old 02-16-2011, 11:27 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,597,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
And you still have the right to call out the company for stupidity for firing you over something that has nothing to do with your job.
Actually, embarrassing my company is a major detriment to having me employed where I am. I would expect that to be an issue. I may look like an idiot by whining about it on the news...but my company would certainly be justified in canning me for it.

Nevermind the fact that my company doesn't need a reason to fire me. Of course, I can understand why a teacher wouldn't be able to comprehend the fact that her job is not a birthright.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:33 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,972,428 times
Another good argument for home schooling your kids. Left-wing nutjobs like this lady will poison your children's education with liberal-communist propaganda, not teaching critical thinking, or promoting tolerance of diverse views and opinions, and only socializing them to be good little politically correct Obamabots.

Every day I'm thankful I grew up during a time before political correctness destroyed schools, entertainment, and society as a whole. People had more common respect and courtesy for everybody back then, and behaved more professionally.

Now, it's all about liberal entitlement and promoting intolerance via reverse racism: you're either one of us or you're a bigot.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:07 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,268,754 times
Some background on the school, Imagine Prep. It's actually a tuition-free charter school Imagine Prep at Surprise a charter public school in Surprise, Arizona. In essence, it's a government school. I think that might have been part of the reason why this teacher was fired. Her ''progressiveism" was too political.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:09 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,391,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Obviously there is much more to the story. Private schools rarely take such type of action unless there has been a complaint by parents.

All it takes is for 1 parent to suggest they remove the lunatic liberal nutcase, or loose not only her money, but all her friends that have children in her class. Moms talking together the collective and monetary loss, outweighs the teachers beliefs and job security.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies