Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 09:02 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,638,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
My lord. Will you go back and take a look at your first post, my replies, and how you have retreated, spun and backtracked, ever since?

But ok...You got in the last word. Let's just let it go (for one thing, it is suppertime here! LOL). We both made our cases. I stand by mine, and I assume you stand by yours. Let's just agree to let others judge on which of us made the better presentation.

Fair enough?
I am not conscerned about who makes a better presentation because I am not auditioning for anything. I simply speak the truth and I am not looking for or dependent upon anyone agreeing or disagreeing with it. There are hundreds of years of history recorded in this nation and the present is the creation of the past. Hence, it does not take a rocket scientist to understand why the present is the way it is. You can continue to use conjecture, but actions create reactions and all that history has manifested a reaction in the present.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 09:51 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,483,046 times
This is dumb. I am 22 and white, and I don't use the word. That said, I have no problem with anybody using the word at all... it is just a word, an arrangement of letters. The only power it has to offend you is the power that YOU give it.

I also think anybody willing to do physical harm to another person over a word is a child, it isn't being tough or strong, it is being weak. A mentally strong individual would realize that they are only as offended as they let themselves be, grow some thicker skin, grow up.

On the slavery argument, did it happen to you? Were you a slave? What about the white person you are about to cause "major drama" with... do they own slaves? Do the actively advocate slavery?
Slavery is in the past, leave it there.

Not to mention, I hear the argument that white people look down on blacks and continue segregation... What do you think you are doing claiming the right to say a word and saying white people can't? You are part of the same problem that you use as an excuse. Want to be treated as equals? ACT LIKE EQUALS, this is not a hard concept to grasp.

Racism is a scourge and a worthless enterprise, but it is a two way street that many (white and black) feel just fine cruising down until they are forced to deal with the oncoming lane, THEN they get angry.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:10 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,146,829 times
Quote:
Mac_Muz;17940498]
UPS is owned by a black man and yet I see no black drivers. I don't know that there are none, but I have never seen one

You live in New Hampshire right? No wonder

I work at UPS and seen black drivers.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:21 PM

12,866 posts, read 13,169,456 times
Well, I remember when Colin Powell was considering a run for the presidency in 1996 - many liberal "African-Americans" squealed that he wasn't "black enough" because of his family's Caribbean background. Didn't have that American Black Man "experience". Some even referred to him as the republican "house slave".

Then 12 years later, along comes the Hawaiian-born & schooled (along with Indonesia), half Kenyan/half white Barry Obama................

Old 02-19-2011, 10:34 PM

2,400 posts, read 3,627,154 times
Even though I don't speak that way often and don't like using the word myself, sometimes it just comes out. It would be a lie if I said that I've never said, "ni-gga please". I've even referred to whites that way, too, if it struck me to say so at that moment.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:36 PM

2,400 posts, read 3,627,154 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY16_nKORb8

Old 02-20-2011, 08:59 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,591,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Afro centric stuff? So are you saying that no historian believes that civilization started near the Tigris and Euphrates rivers and later flourished in the Nile river valley, while no such advancement were being made by humans in Europe? What is Afrocentric about that?

So you are of the belief no whites are racist? So I guess you are playing the “ignorance cardâ€. Please explain to me when and how white racism in America died. Show me the corps. Please don’t give me some date that laws were passed because if that is the foundation of your reason, then by the same logic there has not been a crime in America for centuries, given that there are laws against criminal acts.

If African Americans have every advantage in the world white poverty would be 3 times worse for whites than blacks. When people have great advantage, they TAKE advantage and use it to get ahead of people with disadvantage. So if you want to know what group had all the advantages, simply look at what groups are on top of things. If you want to see the disadvantaged, then look for who is at the bottom. What is the foundation of this theory? It’s founded in the belief of human equality among races and hence there is no reason that one race would be doing much better than another race if not for some unfair advantage.

I followed the individuals that you mention and what I discovered is that many of them are married to white women, live in nearly all white communities, attend white churches and show virtually no concern or connection to the African American community. Why would I think a black person who always chooses white has a valid concern about black people? Now, all those things are fine and dandy in and of themselves. However, you can't really be a credible salesman of Buicks when you personally choose to ride around in a Honda. All those black folks you mentioned drive Honda's.......and you think we are stupid enough to believe that are truly interested in the fate of Buicks?
The problem with blacks who think with victim mentality is that they only help lead black youths to thinking with a victim mentality rather than thinking with an attitude of having control over their destiny.

When you look at the Asians in America, they are HIGHLY successful. In fact, they are as a race doing better in school and work than whites. They suffered deep racism just like blacks, minus the lynchings and such, but rather than run around demanding things be given to them for free by the government, they simply outworked everyone around them. We see how things have worked out for the Asians, and we see how things have worked out for blacks. Which method is better is pretty obvious. The blacks who don't get hung up in the victim mentality tend to do incredibly well while others are inspired by Jesse and Al to believe they are screwed in life, and they end up, well, screwed.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:51 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,638,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
The problem with blacks who think with victim mentality is that they only help lead black youths to thinking with a victim mentality rather than thinking with an attitude of having control over their destiny.

When you look at the Asians in America, they are HIGHLY successful. In fact, they are as a race doing better in school and work than whites. They suffered deep racism just like blacks, minus the lynchings and such, but rather than run around demanding things be given to them for free by the government, they simply outworked everyone around them. We see how things have worked out for the Asians, and we see how things have worked out for blacks. Which method is better is pretty obvious. The blacks who don't get hung up in the victim mentality tend to do incredibly well while others are inspired by Jesse and Al to believe they are screwed in life, and they end up, well, screwed.

It’s bogus when people try to redefine TRUTHS with a negative label in order to caste aspersion upon the truth. Phrases such as “the victim mentality” and “the race card” are simply an attempt to wrap truths that make some people uncomfortable with negative connotations in the hope that it will keep the truths from being mentioned. Furthermore, the main people who like to throw around this “victim mentality” are conservative types. All I have heard from conservative type, since Democrats took over in 2008, is the “victim mentality”. All I hear from those of you who don’t like black folks blaming their condition on anyone else…..is YOU blaming conditions on the “liberals”..... “Oh….they are destroying this country….oh they are ruinning my grand children’s future …..oh they are ruining the economy ”. In other words…..”Oh….we are being victimized ". Let’s have a rally and complain how we are victims of Washington or Liberalism. I have never heard a bigger bunch of whinners and victims than conservatives when a black man and democrats took control . Lets form a Tea-Party….because we are being victimized ”…lol. If hypocrisy is a ticket to hell, then many of you better start packing a cooler…..lol. Do people like you have a mirror? If you can't be victims then shut the hell up crying about what Democrats are doing or what Republicans are doing because is sounds like you are saying you are victims and nothing anyone else does matter for the present or future......just like you tell black folks. All the debt that your grand children will inherit will have NOTHING to do with the past......just like you tell black folks that our conditions have nothing to do with the past. The present ONLY impacts the present...not the future and your grand children will be able to pull themselves up by their bootstraps regardless of what people do today or how large a debt burden is accrued....JUST LIKE YOU TELL AND EXPECT BLACK FOLKS TO DO....despite the consquences of their past. There are no victims.......unless they are white.....obviously.

As for Asians, Asians are SELECTED into the United States. The Asians that come to America are usually among the elites and best and brightest class from whence they cometh. They come over on Hb-1 work visas and as Graduate Students and many end up citizens that do well. They are also concentrated in metropolitan areas where the cost of living and pay is higher than average. They also tend to have extended family in homes which boost household income. In short, there are many variables involved in why the Asia population stands above the rest. Granted, there are some Asians that come over as refugees and you get a better cross section or average Asian than the elites that come over as students and on work visas. I live in a metro area that has many South East Asian refugees they have street gangs, housing projects residents and don’t fit the “Asian model” that people like to portray. They are just like everyone else.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 02-20-2011 at 11:05 AM..

Old 02-20-2011, 11:19 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,869,045 times
I don't have the answers.......

I find it curious that African Americans do not do well with real black Africans. The 2 groups do not mix and blend well.

I find it interesting that some African Americans get on well and earn higher pay than many whites, and do not blame all failuers on events 150 years ago when things go wrong.

I am willing to bet money on that not every black in the USA who says he is related distantly to a slave really is. Just because your skin is black, doesn't mean you are related to a slave.

many other peoples besides blacks over thousands of years were en-slaved, and I really have to dig in the books to find that out. None of the other groups whine and beg about wanting things they don't work for.

It is time to get by that, or things will onlyt be worse than they are. I was born in 51, and these last 2.5 years now have been the worst years of a racist return and it takes 2 to be racist.

The blacks are just as bad as the racist whites, and IMO the blacks are working at bringing racisim back not putting it to bed forever.

If the black race can't get past this problem which was caused by blacks selling blacks in the first place, and made legal here long before the Rev war, and quit actting as if the new USA in 1781 started slavery for the very first time in the world, things will get a lot worse.

To me it's a simple matter.. I can't blame any ancestors I had that may or not have owned slaves.. I wasn't there to object.

And then so far as I know none of my family ever had slaves but did fight in the Union in that war, which freed slaves, and yet that effort, and many more efforts have never been good enough.

I think like many white Americans, a point in time just says that the history of it is the histiory of it, and it's time to move on.

If blacks can't and they can't adapt, there is a last choice and that is to remain in poverty and die.

It's just the way the world works. No one is going back 150+ years to change it. No one is stopping any blacks from anywhere to go to work, or better create a new business.

Hell this isn't even 1964 anymore....... Sure there is racism that is never going to be all gone. It's like an anchor for some people and they will never let it go. Thing is Blacks do it to.

You will never convince me Jackson and Sharpton are not racists...

I was lost in a city not so long ago and there was a wall of blacks who hated me for simply getting lost. One told me to get out of town, and I had only been there 6 seconds... That one was doing me a favor telling me it wasn't safe to stay there 1 more second.

I was still lost, but I went anyway...... Foir all my life I have never lived in a city, I lived in the rural towns and hardly ever saw any blacks. But I am nearing my personal end for the whining.

Now I figure when a guy like me is getting angery over that whine, it can't be good.

I ask myself would I hire a black? I wonder if now I would, because I don't know what that could mean in my future. Would I get a person who was dedicated to the job, or woud I get a whiner, who at any failure would blame events of 150+ years ago......

Each other peoples who have come here with less sometimes than the slaves had, have each created their own ways and pulled up their botts and gone to work.

It's high time everyone does.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:23 AM

38,603 posts, read 26,220,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I am one of those persons. If you say it around me and you are not black....I am going to call you out. Its going to be either yo azz or mine. These young folks need to educate their white friends. In some countries you drive on the right side of the road and other countries you drive on the left.....but you cannot have it both ways. Many black folks drive on the right side when it comes to who can use the N word and these young blacks are conditioning young whites to drive on the left......which means that when they are on the same road at the same time with a brother like me......there is going to be a collision unless they slam on their brakes. So any of you young white guys who think its cool to say it.......you best be aware. Its really a word thats too complicated to be played around with by whites. That is just how it is. History is what it is. If you want to use the word....then how about sharing the history of enslavement, denigration, oppression and the like? There is NO DOUBLE STANDARD. A double standard is when an apple is treated different than another apple. A double standard is not when an apple is treated different than an orange. In other words, how can their be a double standard when you don't share our history? Whatever we do, no matter how f'cked up it is, is deeply rooted in a history of oppression....which you don't share in degree and or kind. You want to do what we do without feeling the pain that we felt......just to be cool. Well.....I aint the one.

I don't share your history?

Unless you're about eighty years old and from the South, neither do you.

Please share with us your personal experience of oppression by the blue-eyed devil.

The behavoral double-standard (exemplified by use of this word) which some blacks have adopted, is used along with the "400 years of oppression" whine-ologue to justify anything and everything related to personal responsibility.

Sure, it's comforting to believe no matter how bad you effe-ed up, it was the fault of another race, but we all know this divorce from personal responsiblity comes at a price. That price is self-respect and confidence.

Sometimes the hand you hold is the hand that holds you down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies