Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 12:36 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,980,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Because the libertarians are starting to gain momentum in the R party, and the establishment R's see them as a threat. Paul will never be elected President--I agree--but if the libertarians are see as driving the R's, they're afraid they'll lose seats in a general election, plus the establishment R's are afraid of losing control of the party.

Oh yeah...that makes SO much sense!

That's why FOX gave John Stossel (a huge Libertarian) his OWN PROGRAM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 12:37 PM

256 posts, read 216,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
lol.. Yeah, right! Somehow they just happened to play the audio from last year along with the video from this year. Don't be so gullible - or so blindly loyal - whichever the case may be.
The video is from this year? I wonder how that could possibly be, considering that the visual of the announcer's mouth and the sound of what he is saying match identically. If you would be so kind, please note that the audio track from the two years are completely different.

I would rather look at the issue from both sides than close my mind to certain possibilities without knowing the truth.

(And I can't be "blindly loyal" to a station that I don't watch).

Old 02-16-2011, 12:40 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,200,864 times
I can't see how this was an "honest" mistake--they'd have to go back to archived material to pull the footage from last year. It's not the first time FOX has done this, and it won't be the last. I think the fact that Paul doesn't have a chance of winning is kind of the point--they don't want viewers to see R's endorsing a R who's considered a long shot, more controversial candidate. I don't agree with lots that Ron Paul says, but I think he has a voice that needs to be heard, even if it's not always popular. It's a pity that they're trying to hide the support he has in the party--and believe me, it's there.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:41 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I think it is weird that the so-called reporter obviously had no idea what was going on at CPAC even though he was conducting an interview (seems the video was his only inkling of what happened with the straw poll and it was the wrong vid). And then he added his asshat comments. Not too professional, bra.
That was Bill Hemmer. He has never had a clue!

Old 02-16-2011, 12:42 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,197,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Nothing new here. If you think only Fox manipulates it's viewers, then you may need to pull your head out of the sand.
This is all you have to post ? I think it was a mistake . I think you need to lay down and take your meds.

8,182 posts, read 9,207,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Good point, there is no evidence this is even accurate.
Go here and look at the video of the CPAC announcment, notice the badge hanging from his neck and the words he says.

Fox News Video - FoxNews.com

Go here to the CPAC announcment here. Look at the date, skip to about 9 minutes.

CPAC LIVE - Register (http://video.cpac.org/video/show/straw-poll-results-2011 - broken link)

Two differnet videos, Foxes is from 2010.

1,895 posts, read 3,414,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
I really don't see any actual proof that this even happened.

I have seen people on YouTube CREATE videos that can depict almost anything they choose it to depict.

The only dates in the video where inserted by the video's creator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Good point, there is no evidence this is even accurate.
Quote:
Or the video creator on YouTube simply used old and new video and invented the whole controversy.

FOX News had Ron Paul on and gave him all the credit for winning.....why would they want to downplay the fact that he won? There is no motive to do that so I am skeptical if it ever actually happened.

here's the actual video clip found at fox news. now what?

Ron Paul Wins CPAC Straw Poll - Fox News Video - FoxNews.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Another failed attempt by a liberal loon to discredit Fox...what a shocker...waste of time and waste of a thread...get a life...
wrong vern...i'm no liberal, and you know what that makes you for assuming i was, right??

now, how do you feel about Fox News?? thanks!

Old 02-16-2011, 12:43 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,200,864 times
Quote:

You don't think there are huge segments in the leadership of the R party whose eyeballs start to twitch when Paul starts talking about gutting the military and ending foreign aid? Are you living under a rock?

Old 02-16-2011, 12:43 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,744,174 times
Quote:

Lol they're grasping at straws. Paul is irrelevent.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:46 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,744,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You don't think there are huge segments in the leadership of the R party whose eyeballs start to twitch when Paul starts talking about gutting the military and ending foreign aid? Are you living under a rock?
People start to twitch when he speaks, but it's because he is a nut bar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies