Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 08:56 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,968,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It's good to see you agree with the President on Charter Schools.

It's good to see you agree that everything I typed showed how your previous statement was wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 09:01 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,102,568 times
Quote:
I have a lot of faith in the Profession, just not very much in the politicians that manage and fund it and use it for political purposes.
You mean like how the Democrats do?

Old 02-17-2011, 10:35 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,836,395 times
And here's why public sector employees should NOT be able to unionize;

Wisconsin schools call off classes as budget protests continue - CNN.com

Quote:
At least 15 school systems in Wisconsin canceled Thursday's classes because teachers and other public employees will continue protests at the state Capitol over a bill that would strip them of most of their collective bargaining rights and increase their contributions for benefits.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:53 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,441,540 times
Quote:
The assult is going full force. It doesn't seem to matter to the American people that over the last 20 years, the only middle class group that saw any income increase(about 15%) were those in unions. The rest of the middle class lost income. However, over the same period, the upper 5% saw 33% growth. By all means, get rid of the Unions, they are cutting into the rightful gains of those that matter.

Thousands march in Wisconsin over proposed budget cuts - CNN.com
One of life's enduring mystery's is how Republicans continue to convince poor white trash to vote for them. Unions and minorities have long been in Republican crosshairs.

Just ask sister Sarah

Old 02-17-2011, 11:18 AM

33,502 posts, read 37,019,121 times
What boggles my mind is why the average Joe would be shooting himself in the foot by being anti union...Maybe the folks on this thread are all business owners?? After all they are the only ones that will benefit from union busting.

The highest paid blue-collar workers among the major occupational groups were precision production, craft, and repair workers; in this group, union workers had average hourly earnings of $23.05, compared with $16.33 for nonunion workers.

Among service occupations, union workers had average hourly earnings of $16.22, compared with $8.98 for nonunion workers.

Union Workers Earn More Than Nonunion

Old 02-17-2011, 11:25 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,623,595 times
Now is the perfect time to put the boot to the necks of the unions. The economy is in disarray. The American public is angry and confused. What better time than now to focus their anger on the last vestages of middle class labor bargaining power. With help from the radical right and tea party, the corporate caste can finally eliminate the one organized entity standing in their way of increased profits and total control.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:34 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,204,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
One of life's enduring mystery's is how Republicans continue to convince poor white trash to vote for them. .
You pull the lever for the GOP I see.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:36 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,204,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Now is the perfect time to put the boot to the necks of the unions. The economy is in disarray. The American public is angry and confused. What better time than now to focus their anger on the last vestages of middle class labor bargaining power. With help from the radical right and tea party, the corporate caste can finally eliminate the one organized entity standing in their way of increased profits and total control.
Wait a minute, while I pull on these really-pointy, extra-tall cowboy boots on. You know, the ones with the lead shot sewn inside to give them extra penatration.

Let the ass-kicking begin. Good thing I am ambidextreous, cause I got a whole lot of asses to kick.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:29 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,626,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
Its in the press, maybe they realize that many AMericans have little patientce for this nonsense...protesting to keep above average wages, pensions where they pay vey little, HC better than everyone else, retirement before 60......oh yea, as a a taxpayer I am going to pay this crap....no thank you....there should be protests from the tax payers to get rid of this crap....
Yeah we can pay teachers minmum wage and wonder why our kids aren't keeping up with the rest of the world

Old 02-17-2011, 01:33 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,088,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Yeah we can pay teachers minmum wage and wonder why our kids aren't keeping up with the rest of the world
Couldn't make it any worse could it?

That is not what I said, and no one is suggesting that. People are sick of not having the flexibility to negotiate costs out of govt jobs. Most of the private sector does not have unions, and they do just fine. I would hope that people could negotiate their own salaries without having to be co dependent on a union.

I have 3 degrees, and trust me, my K-12 education was terrible and did little to prepare me for success.....I am sure there are good teachers, but time to allow the people more freedom in deciding how thier money is spent...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies