Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2011, 06:37 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post

Yes, the Republicans do have the power. The people voted them in because were clear about how they would handle their budget. It's not for the unions and their thugs to try and override the election results. But that is the liberal way...
I guess the democrats that fled and those trying to disrupt the legislative session really don't believe in democracy after all.

The people of WI are coming to understand WHY public sector employees should not be allowed to unionize - how many days have the kids been held hostage by this illegal union action?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 06:38 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Here's where your argument is horribly flawed - JOHNNY CAN'T READ. For all the excessive amounts of money pumped into the education system, kids are doing worse.

Well that is certainly true. The poster like to point to all the wonderful things Europeans do in relation to teachers salaries should note that the US spends far more than most European countries on education, and is much further behind them. Money doesn't equal quality education.

Education spending (% of GDP) statistics - countries compared - NationMaster

Old 02-18-2011, 06:47 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yes, this is outrageous. This is why public sector employees should NOT be allowed to unionize. Basically, they don't like having to pay for their own HC and pensions, they can shut down the schools.

I put a call in to the governor, encouraging him not to buckle under the thuggery and intimidation, the lines are very busy.

They are at his residence as well and the "target" districts for closure just happen to be in republican senate/assembly areas.

I believe I read somewhere this "action" is illegal and against their current contract.

It passed the committee, get it done.

they are using their students as pawns
they should have their butts fired for shutting down the schools
I remember when Ragan shocked the hell out of the high minded air traffic controllers by firing their asses, enough of the free rides!
gov workers should be like the rest of the country pay your fair share
give them a choice work or go home
what a bunch of shi* heads!

Old 02-18-2011, 07:40 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,373,731 times
the good news is these union thugs look like union thugs and they are hurting their cause.

keep up the stupidity union thugs! you are helping us get rid of union thuggery.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:46 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
they are using their students as pawns
they should have their butts fired for shutting down the schools
I remember when Ragan shocked the hell out of the high minded air traffic controllers by firing their asses, enough of the free rides!
gov workers should be like the rest of the country pay your fair share
give them a choice work or go home
what a bunch of shi* heads!
VERY well said!!

I have zero tolerance for union thugs. These teachers should all be fired.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:10 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,715,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
VERY well said!!

I have zero tolerance for union thugs. These teachers should all be fired.
I agree as well.

The actions of these "educators" has solidified my belief that a good number of teachers in this country could care less about their students.

If I was a parent in a Wisconsin district that has been shut down for the past three days, you better believe I would bring suit against the school district, teachers, and their union for breach of contract and lost wages due to having to stay home with my kid(s) instead of making it into work.

If the topic wants to be debated - fine, but don't play the "oh this is for the kids!" card as an excuse to abandon your pupils. Pupils are those bodies that sit at their desks and count on you to teach them.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:12 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
There's plenty of unemployed qualified teachers all over the US that if given the chance would go there and work.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:23 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There's plenty of unemployed qualified teachers all over the US that if given the chance would go there and work.
..and it's not as if Gov. Walker is going to make drastic changes to the current pay and benefits that WI teachers current enjoy. The world will not come to an end, and the state will not fall into ruin.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:13 AM

910 posts, read 1,675,971 times
Capitol Chaos: Students Join, Criticize Budget Protests | Today's TMJ4 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin News, Weather, Sports, WTMJ | Local News

Not ALL students are in favor of the unions, and some feel pressured to join the protests

Old 02-18-2011, 09:45 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1987 View Post
Capitol Chaos: Students Join, Criticize Budget Protests | Today's TMJ4 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin News, Weather, Sports, WTMJ | Local News

Not ALL students are in favor of the unions, and some feel pressured to join the protests
The college kids are brain washed into actually protesting to uphold a union that is going to force them to pay for all these unsustainable benefits packages for their entire lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies