Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2011, 11:23 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
It is not lavish to think someone with a master's degree who works in education should make more then $42,000 per year (the national average).

it is absurd to think you will get more qualified people willing to work a job when you cut their pay and benefits. while teachers are routinely required to get Master's Degrees. In short, they are better then you, they worked harder then you, and, yes, they are better people then you.

It is so hard to work and go to night school to get a master's degree.
Sounds to me like your bitter that you were forced to
get a Masters to get a teaching job. Couldn't get one
with just that B.A. Competition too stiff You do
know, there isn't a shortage of graduating teachers.
Better watch out - there's one waiting in the wings,
just in case someone gets fired
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 01:05 AM

1,457 posts, read 6,029,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
This angers me to no end.

From the OP, that was.

Yeah, I think a final straw was today when not just Fox, but ABC also, covered the fraudulent notes doctors were handing out.

Reminds me of the union I was in years ago. I was in the minority that did not want to strike, but we had to. Anyway, the union heads encouraged union workers to go into grocery stores and fake shopping to leave refrigeration food in carts so it would spoil.

That was not all, either.

So the theft of time in Wisconsin sounds right up there with what I've experienced in a union out here.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:09 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
with all the dems hiding and all the teachers sick I need to ask. Who are all those people?
Just check the bus schedules from other states.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:22 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
Exactly---thats why they brought in so many from out of state.
I am very surprised there are not more from out of state. The Koch assault is trying to go Nationwide. It needs to be stopped in Wisconsin.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:30 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
Thats pretty silly, no....taking away collective bargaining allows a better control of costs, reflective of what the private sector does....if the private sector has to lower pay, benefits then it is indicative of a weak economy....we don't want to ask the taxpayers to pick up evern more HC and pension costs...why the heck should I pay more taxes to give someone life long pension benefits...that nuts...
....""""why the heck should I pay more taxes to give someone life long pension benefits"""""

You LOVE doing it for Wealthy ex-presidents, Wealthy Congessmen.....of BOTH parties.....but HATE doing it for the Much Lower Paid Educators, Average Americans, Your Neighbors,....the people who you expect to educate really stupid kids and turn them into intelligent human beings!!!

....just another sign that some Worship the Wealthy more than any god they claim to have....

Old 02-20-2011, 06:43 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Bull. Both tactics (filibuster or prevent a quorum from being filled) are legitimate parliamentary tactics used by minorities since around the 13th century. Don't whine about the rules when the other side uses the rules to prevent the tyranny of the majority especially when it is obvious popular action by the populous will prevent the worst abuses. What is good for the goose is good for the gander even if partisan hacks are unhappy with the results. In fact, especially if partisan hacks are unhappy.

I give you A for effort. I am so happy to watch the lefties twist themselves into knots trying to justify this. It is going to be so much fun watching them after this bill passes, too funny.

Ok so to address your non sense. A filibuster is an acceptable democratic tool. Dereliction, not so much. It subjects the Senator to detention by the police and the removal of funds to run their office, filibuster not so much.

We wait to be entertained by the next installment of your informed screeds. It does provide for gales of laughter. Keep up the good work!

Old 02-20-2011, 06:52 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I am very surprised there are not more from out of state. The Koch assault is trying to go Nationwide. It needs to be stopped in Wisconsin.
It won't be.

However, I'm delighted to hear about these Koch brothers.

I'll begin donating to their cause immediately!

Old 02-20-2011, 06:56 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It won't be.

However, I'm delighted to hear about these Koch brothers.

I'll begin donating to their cause immediately!
You may as well donate, they will eventually get you money anyway. That's their job.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:17 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You may as well donate, they will eventually get you money anyway. That's their job.
Good post and true!

Just wait until those who hate their fellow Americans find the boot on THEIR neck....they are so ...er..."naive"...

Old 02-20-2011, 07:24 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Good post and true!

Just wait until those who hate their fellow Americans find the boot on THEIR neck....they are so ...er..."naive"...
I love it when your boot sinks into the soft fat flesh of some hide from work suck up a check union hack!......It's good to be the king!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies