Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:46 AM

97 posts, read 646,689 times

Advertisements

has anyone ever noticed reverse discrimination against whites in Miami? I visited recently and noticed how rude the people were.I had read this complaint on the board and it is true the people have the most crappy attitudes.I also noticed that blacks and hispanics in miami seem very hostile toward white people.Has anyone else ever noticed this? Also has anyone noticed your gays are more flamboyant than in other parts of the country?

Old 07-22-2007, 09:49 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgefundpirate View Post
has anyone ever noticed reverse discrimination against whites in Miami? I visited recently and noticed how rude the people were.I had read this complaint on the board and it is true the people have the most crappy attitudes.I also noticed that blacks and hispanics in miami seem very hostile toward white people.Has anyone else ever noticed this? Also has anyone noticed your gays are more flamboyant than in other parts of the country?
The Latin culture discourages homosexuality, so the gays are NOT more flamboyant!!!! But yes, I have been humiliated for speaking English, even in Bloomingdales in Aventura!

Old 07-22-2007, 11:57 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
When a person cannot earn enough to have a 1/2 way decent life, of course they will have a bad attitude. Then add to it how many people want to flaunt "wealth" in your face. Simmer in a hot, tropical climate and pack in tight. No wonder you see the rudeness and corruption.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:00 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
When a person cannot earn enough to have a 1/2 way decent life, of course they will have a bad attitude. Then add to it how many people want to flaunt "wealth" in your face. Simmer in a hot, tropical climate and pack in tight. No wonder you see the rudeness and corruption.
+1. That is it!

Old 07-22-2007, 01:52 PM

58 posts, read 228,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
The Latin culture discourages homosexuality, so the gays are NOT more flamboyant!!!! But yes, I have been humiliated for speaking English, even in Bloomingdales in Aventura!
I have never experienced this in my six years here.

Old 07-22-2007, 03:39 PM

98 posts, read 531,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgefundpirate View Post
Yes, I have experienced slight discrimination, not too bad really.

Why do you call it "reverse" discrimination? Isn't discrimination just the same no matter who's discriminating?

Quote:
Also has anyone noticed your gays are more flamboyant than in other parts of the country?
Ever been to the west village in NYC?

Old 07-22-2007, 04:26 PM

564 posts, read 1,900,566 times
I once went to a restaurant in the Coral Gables area where the girl at the bar didn't speak English. She gave me a dirty look, so I took cash out of my wallet and made the flying motion of a bird with it as I walked out. Luckily I didn't get jumped in the parking lot for showing money!

Old 07-22-2007, 05:41 PM

159 posts, read 803,879 times
Reverse discrimination? So white people are the only ones that can discriminate without it being bad? lmfao

Old 07-22-2007, 06:52 PM

36 posts, read 165,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MananaLand View Post
Why do you call it "reverse" discrimination? Isn't discrimination just the same no matter who's discriminating?
It certainly is.

Well, you're not alone. Here is why... There is so much animosity, resentment and jealousy among the various Hispanics groups in Miami, it's really sad. It's reality, though. I have had my share of dirty looks over the years. Believe it or not, not from Americans, but from other Hispanics.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:49 PM

98 posts, read 531,713 times
It's been my personal experience that racism is worse up North than down here in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies