Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 11:08 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You know, now that it has been reported that obama, OFA and the DNC are behind these protests, it will make it much easier to get it done - this is now nothing more than a political campaign, kind of like the past election, pitting the dems/obama against the GOP.
Reported by who?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 11:12 AM

Have a point do ya?

As I've asked before............................................ ........

Management's not required to have either NO in their vocabulary or a backbone in their make-up? Or is it just too easy for them to cave, hang around a while, and then take their fat ol' pension checks to the house on Aruba and screw the company?

I'll believe unions are the cause of all these problems when someone posts a copy of a valid union contract signed by only one party.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:13 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What is the excuse for making promises that can't be kept? Isn't part of a manager's job planning for the future?
Sorry to tell you but this is happening all across America..

"broken promises".

Government is just as guilty..promising pensions based on revenue. What happens when revenue falls ?
Borrow ? From whom ? And who will pay back the loans..unemployed Americans ?

Old 02-18-2011, 11:13 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Reported by who?
More accurately may be, reported by what?

Old 02-18-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Sorry to tell you but this is happening all across America..

"broken promises".
And that makes it OK? And caused by only one side of the issue?

As I've asked before, let's see some examples of management doing the same amount of belt-tightening they try to squeeze out of others.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
And that makes it OK? And caused by only one side of the issue?

As I've asked before, let's see some examples of management doing the same amount of belt-tightening they try to squeeze out of others.
I don't work for a union, never have.
I work in white collar corporate America.

I get a 1.2% raise and the execs get stock options, pensions funded and thousands in stock options.

Is that fair ? NOPE. So I'm getting out.
It's not my company..I'm not the CEO so it is one sided; they dish it out and we can take it or leave it.
I have the choice to leave. I'm one of the lucky ones that financially I can retire early. Many others cannot.

The unions are going through the same thing only they are organized and have a "voice".

But it's the same tune, the same story. Financial promises once made are being broken for one reason or another. And it is being condoned.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
I don't work for a union, never have.
I work in white collar corporate America.
I've never been a member of a union either, I just get tired of attempts at making unions the scapegoat for problems that are far more complex than us vs. them.

Quote:
I get a 1.2% raise and the execs get stock options, pensions funded and thousands in stock options.
I don't think the problem is so much what the execs take as it is the fact that it very often has nothing to do with performance.

Quote:
Is that fair ? NOPE. So I'm getting out.
It's not my company..I'm not the CEO so it is one sided; they dish it out and we can take it or leave it.
I have the choice to leave. I'm one of the lucky ones that financially I can retire early. Many others cannot.

The unions are going through the same thing only they are organized and have a "voice".

But it's the same tune, the same story. Financial promises once made are being broken for one reason or another. And it is being condoned.
Sure ain't the America we were promised as kids, eh?

Old 02-18-2011, 11:41 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Reported by who?
Didn't you see the articles, the OFA website, the DNC website?

Quote:
MADISON, WIS. - President Obama thrust himself and his political operation this week into Wisconsin's broiling budget battle, mobilizing opposition Thursday to a Republican bill that would curb public-worker benefits while planning similar action in other state capitals.
A manufactured obama/dem action to save the union.

Quote:
The president's political machine worked in close coordination Thursday with state and national union officials to mobilize thousands of protesters to gather in Madison and to plan similar demonstrations in other state capitals.
NEVER have I witnessed a president do something like this.

I'm sure you have the DNC, OFA websites bookmarked.

It's great they have come out and admitted their involvement.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Didn't you see the articles, the OFA website, the DNC website?

A manufactured obama/dem action to save the union.

NEVER have I witnessed a president do something like this.

I'm sure you have the DNC, OFA websites bookmarked.

It's great they have come out and admitted their involvement.

These quotes without attribution are meaningless.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:13 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,659 times
The Unions...my union...have agreed to employee's paying for HC years ago...some are in Wisconsin today... TRUMKA...it was O.K. for the private sector why not these so called public service employee's?I agree with the labor unions are the mouth piece of the Dimocratic party...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies