Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 08:10 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Guess the House is insiting on getting apsolutely nothing passed over the next two years, meaning the government shuts down. WHO do you think will get blamed in the end, the Dems, nope, people working for the government still had their jobs, those on SS and assitance programs still got their checks and the military still got paid under the Dems. Those that get hit hard will blame the GOP and that will be that. The GOP will learn to stop playing political games and start working in a bipartisan way or the Senate and Whitehouse will let everything die in the House. The right likes predictions so here is one; the House will learn to play with others or they wil not be playing at all.
Casper
So the Senate under Harry Reid doesn't need to learn how to work with others? They bear no responsibility for refusing to compromise and come up with significant budget cuts? Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 08:11 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think there might be a need for an explanation from you about what really is bi-partisan. In the beginning Obama said he would work that way and it turned out that bi-partisan, to him, meant, "my way or the highway". You said it very plainly here when you said that nothing gets done unless it originated in the Democrat controlled Senate or the White House. Do you have any idea what the majority of voters voted for in the last election? I say you don't.
The GOP cuts off funding in a Partisan way and the Senate kills all bills passed by the House in a Partisan way, the result is the government is shutdown, kiss your SS and Medicare goodbye until it is resolved. The two will either work together or this country is serious trouble, the People will blame the newest bunch since they caused the change to begin with and that will be that.
Casper

Old 02-17-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
I see that you don't know that spending bills must originate in the House according to the Constitution. I guess that thing surely must be nothing more than an old outdated stumbling block. How soon do you think Obama and his czars along with the Senate can get rid of the Constitution?
They can defund but they cannot pass anything on their own, or did you miss that part of government 101?
Casper

Old 02-17-2011, 08:24 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Kentuckian View Post
House votes to overthrow 'czars' - Robin Bravender - POLITICO.com

The House voted Thursday to dethrone nine White House “czars.”
Republicans successfully added an amendment to the continuing resolution that would leave President Barack Obama’s senior advisers on policy issues including health care, energy and others out of a job.

The vote was 249-179.
Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) offered the amendment that blocks funding for various policy advisers to combat what he called “a very disturbing proliferation of czars” under Obama.
“These unappointed, unaccountable people who are literally running a shadow government, heading up these little fiefdoms that nobody can really seem to identify where they are or what they’re doing,” Scalise said Thursday. “But we do know that they’re wielding vast amounts of power.”

The best part of that article is the very end of it. Where they list the one Republican who will certainly get on the Tea Party's list to not be re-elected. He has more guts than brains.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
The GOP cuts off funding in a Partisan way and the Senate kills all bills passed by the House in a Partisan way, the result is the government is shutdown, kiss your SS and Medicare goodbye until it is resolved. The two will either work together or this country is serious trouble, the People will blame the newest bunch since they caused the change to begin with and that will be that.
Casper
Dream on.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:29 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,214 times
I guess they' ll organize a boycott at congress like Wisconsin and Ohio. Hey bus in the unions nancy and harry!!

Old 02-17-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Dream on.
If the government shuts down you will be the one dreaming of those days you got SS Checks and enjoyed Medicare, enjoy your new utopia brought to you by none other than your friendly GOP House of Pain.
Casper

Old 02-17-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
They can defund but they cannot pass anything on their own, or did you miss that part of government 101?
Casper
All revenue bills must originate in the House. I will admit that not paying those czars doesn't directly bear on revenue but paying them does.

I wonder what happens to this country if the House refuses to follow that "My or the highway" reasoning and we don't have any government for the next 23 months. Maybe Dirty Harry and Prince Barack will have to back off a bit. If the Republicans fail to carry through on what they were elected to do last fall they will fail to be re-elected but then maybe the Dems can convince people that they really aren't the bad guys.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
If the government shuts down you will be the one dreaming of those days you got SS Checks and enjoyed Medicare, enjoy your new utopia brought to you by none other than your friendly GOP House of Pain.
Casper
I don't think that any of those things that people call entitlements will not be paid whether Harry and Barack get their way or not. Those checks will continue to come. You are just trying to carry through on Democrat threats.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
I don't think that any of those things that people call entitlements will not be paid whether Harry and Barack get their way or not. Those checks will continue to come. You are just trying to carry through on Democrat threats.
No Roy, I am telling you that if the government shuts down the checks stop, or didn't you know that? You going to blame the Dems, of course you will, but they still control the situation not the Repubs, like it or not.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies