Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 07:37 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,469,013 times

Advertisements

We can see just how 'regressive' Progressives are! Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas should “go back to the fields”, said one, another said “hang him,” and “string him up.” They want his wife Ginny dead as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ctO...layer_embedded
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 07:48 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,205,080 times
Having been active in progressive movement for years in Orange County CA, I can say most of them are very compassionate and positive people. Like any group of passionate people you will find people who when caught up in the emotion of an event will say outrageous and ridiculous things.

I feel that perpetuating the myth that the other "team" is the lowest common denominator is not the answer, it just becomes and continuous ride down the gutter.

We need to dialogue more, discuss goals more and stop focusing on the personalities of politics. Protests and events should never be about individuals but about issues and causes.

By doing this we will begin to understand what it is that each side is really asking for and begin to work on peaceful solutions.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:04 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,910,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Having been active in progressive movement for years in Orange County CA, I can say most of them are very compassionate and positive people. Like any group of passionate people you will find people who when caught up in the emotion of an event will say outrageous and ridiculous things.

I feel that perpetuating the myth that the other "team" is the lowest common denominator is not the answer, it just becomes and continuous ride down the gutter.

We need to dialogue more, discuss goals more and stop focusing on the personalities of politics. Protests and events should never be about individuals but about issues and causes.

By doing this we will begin to understand what it is that each side is really asking for and begin to work on peaceful solutions.
Wait a minute wait a minute. Ok, so if liberals are blatantly calling for racial violence against a black man because he's not a liberal, then they're just caught up in the moment. But, damn those Tea Partiers in Washington, for having one person picked from the crowd for being a racist, then all Tea Partiers and all conservatives are racist pigs that should be thrown in jail You liberals are so hilarious

Old 02-17-2011, 09:04 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,064,643 times
Quote:

I've observed that people, when "caught up in the emotion of an event" (or drunk), don't turn into someone else, they just reveal their true face. The Chinese call it Showing your tail.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:06 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,295,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
We can see just how 'regressive' Progressives are! Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas should “go back to the fields”, said one, another said “hang him,” and “string him up.” They want his wife Ginny dead as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ctO...layer_embedded
This is a racist country.

Now what's your point?

I mean REALLY?

Old 02-17-2011, 09:22 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,334,057 times
These poor fellows can't help it. They've been racists since the Civil War. Here's Alternet's recent racist tirade about conservative Herman Cain:

Black History Month is Herman Cain Playing the Race Minstrel for CPAC « SpeakEasy (http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2011/02/12/black-history-month-is-herman-cain-playing-the-race-minstrel-for-cpac/ - broken link)

Old 02-17-2011, 09:58 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,276,288 times
Quote:
When trying to have discussions with progressives from Orange Country and elsewhere, I find they are very compassionate and positive people unless you disagree with them or attempt to give another view that they don't agree with. Then they often forget talking about issues and go to name calling. This has led me to feel they have no reasoning in many of their positions, they are very "as you say" emotional.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:15 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,083,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Wait a minute wait a minute. Ok, so if liberals are blatantly calling for racial violence against a black man because he's not a liberal, then they're just caught up in the moment. But, damn those Tea Partiers in Washington, for having one person picked from the crowd for being a racist, then all Tea Partiers and all conservatives are racist pigs that should be thrown in jail You liberals are so hilarious

Have to agree with you on this one. The liberals/progressives have no problem with racisim, hate speech and violence if they do it. As for blacks they are just included to USE. If they cannot USE a black they have no use for them.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:17 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,916,573 times
"Liberals, blah, blah . . ."

Old 02-17-2011, 10:21 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,910,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
"Liberals, blah, blah . . ."
Obama caught your tongue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies