Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 09:37 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,092,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
It actually shows the naivete of the entire Obama camp to actually think that a Judge that already said the entire law was void is going to turn around and say he didn't really mean it.
Not really. What it shows is the lack of knowledge about how the court system works on the part of many "lay people" posting here. It would really be beneficial to folks to try to learn something about how the process works before deciding that Obama should be impeached because the government filed an appeal to the judge's ruling. After all, guys, a federal court judge is not superior to the USSC and the only way to get to the USSC is via appeals. Again, try to get a clue as to how the legal process works in terms of filing appeals, and motions, etc. before declaring Obama corrupt and urging impeachment because the govt. filed an appeal. The government is doing exactly what it should be doing if it disagrees with the ruling, and there is a procedure FIRMLY SET IN PLACE for dealing with these kinds of issues. One place to take a look is at the federal rules of civil procedure.

Seems to me that the blind hatred for Obama by people on the extreme right also blinds them to all common sense. It blinds them to fact finding as well. Something like filing an appeal is just part of the process, and is available to everyone involved in any court action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I can not only say it, I actually understand what it means.

That's not "contempt of court."

Thank you! I asked MOgal to please explain her "understanding" of how this was contempt of court (I thought her answer would be very interesting) but I think there's very little hope we will see an answer from her. LOL

Old 02-19-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
It actually shows the blithering idiocy of the entire anti-Obama camp to actually think that that is what this motion asks the judge to do.

"blithering idiocy".........great description!

Old 02-19-2011, 09:46 AM

27,137 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Your're right, it's not Contempt of Court, it's Contemptuous of Court.

Just like being contemptuous of staying within the boundries of the enumerated powers given/charged to government.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:49 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Not really. What it shows is the lack of knowledge about how the court system works on the part of many "lay people" posting here. It would really be beneficial to folks to try to learn something about how the process works before deciding that Obama should be impeached because the government filed an appeal to the judge's ruling. After all, guys, a federal court judge is not superior to the USSC and the only way to get to the USSC is via appeals. Again, try to get a clue as to how the legal process works in terms of filing appeals, and motions, etc. before declaring Obama corrupt and urging impeachment because the govt. filed an appeal. The government is doing exactly what it should be doing if it disagrees with the ruling, and there is a procedure FIRMLY SET IN PLACE for dealing with these kinds of issues. One place to take a look is at the federal rules of civil procedure.

Seems to me that the blind hatred for Obama by people on the extreme right also blinds them to all common sense. It blinds them to fact finding as well. Something like filing an appeal is just part of the process, and is available to everyone involved in any court action.

Why would you draw that conclusion after reading what I wrote? You quoted ME saying that the Obama Administration must be pretty naive to think a judge would change his mind.

I said NOTHING in this entire thread about impeaching Obama.

If you're going to quote me saying something, kindly restrict your rebuttal to things I said in your quote and no further.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Your're right, it's not Contempt of Court, it's Contemptuous of Court.

Just like being contemptuous of staying within the boundries of the enumerated powers given/charged to government.
"Contemptous of court".........LOL.

So do you think that it's "contemptous of court" to file appeals to court decisions with which you disagree on legal grounds?

Old 02-19-2011, 09:55 AM

No, I address the mindset not the legal proceeding- I understand that.

The process of thinking you can do what you want, "we know best", and the Constitution being a stumbling block to an agenda is an affront to the People.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Why would you draw that conclusion after reading what I wrote? You quoted ME saying that the Obama Administration must be pretty naive to think a judge would change his mind.

I said NOTHING in this entire thread about impeaching Obama.

If you're going to quote me saying something, kindly restrict your rebuttal to things I said in your quote and no further.
This filing by the govt. has nothing to do with being "naive." It has EVERYTHING to do with the fed rules of civil procedure................that's the way it works in all fed civil cases. The filing by the government is the a step in PROCEDURE required to appeal the ruling and pursue it to the USSC.

I was referring to the posts by kevinm and someone else saying that this should lead to the impeachment of Obama. Apologies for having included my response about impeachment to you when it was really intended to address the post by kevinm.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
No, I address the mindset not the legal proceeding- I understand that.
I disagree. The filing by the govt. in this case is no indication of a "mind set" which is unusual or "contemptuous" of our justice system. This is how we settle disagreements these days (most of the time) rather than with guns and violence.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:58 AM

Who said it did?

The "mind set" is obvious to most of us though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies