Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 01:28 PM

914 posts, read 1,806,792 times

Advertisements

I had a roommate who was transgender, top surgery, female to male and had the same "problem" in not knowing what bathroom to use. I flat out asked, "Do you stand up or sit down when you pee?". That kind of gave a clear answer that if said roommate doesn't have a penis to use a urinal, better use what you were born with and sit down when you pee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 01:28 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillaceae View Post
A bill about workers rights is passed and the right is claiming we are no longer safe in bathrooms???

Sorry, I don't think the liberals are they ones showing lunacy here. Though perhaps they are showing superior reading comprehension given that if you actually read the article it states nothing about where a transgendered person is allowed to go to the bathroom has changed. Alternate reality much?

So Jill.....let's say that you're out enjoying a govt controlled facility such as a beach at a state park....you go into the bath house to change.....you're standing there naked....I walk in...How U doin'?.....Oh...but no worries....I'm a woman trapped in a man's body...so do tell..... where you got that fabulous bathing suit???!!!!

Old 02-18-2011, 04:25 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So Jill.....let's say that you're out enjoying a govt controlled facility such as a beach at a state park....you go into the bath house to change.....you're standing there naked....I walk in...How U doin'?.....Oh...but no worries....I'm a woman trapped in a man's body...so do tell..... where you got that fabulous bathing suit???!!!!
not Jill, but I'll give my answer:

1) a lot of places have private stalls. folks can use that instead
2) if this person is truly transgendered (female in a male body), then that person is very, very unlikely to "jump your bones" or make any questionable advances towards you
3) there is NOTHING at this moment stopping male perverts from coming into any women's bathrooms. if you want to worry about this, whether or not the restroom is opened to transgendered persons won't make any difference.
4) so you walk in and see some transgendered person's bits. big deal. you'll survive. if you have kids, there's always the family restroom if you want to shield them from the horrors of the naked human body.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:52 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
well when I go into a mens bathroom i don't ever see another man's penis, I just see people walk into stalls.. so if you look like a woman going into a stall, or u look like a man going into a stall, you won't know the difference unless you see their junk. i never see anyone flashing their junk around, so it won't be an issue. the issue is in your head when you see a manly woman or feminine dude and let your mind wonder.. the fact still remains YOU DON"T KNOW what their naughty bits are between their legs so regardless of what you wonder.. you don't know.. anything else is just assuming.. and you know what they say about people who assume. I think this law is good. gender barriers are strange anyway. It's easier for gay people to understand because we aren't in this indoctrinated gender identity fixation that exists in most straight minds. I mean, I'm a man, I go to the bathroom in the same room as other men who I could potentially be attracted to...but it's a bathroom for christ sake..there's rules engagement in a public restroom in that there's NO engagement. Get your business done, get out..regardless it's kind of like a man walking into a woman's bathroom.
The difference is whether you're a creep or not...and potentially anyone of the same gender could be guilty of what straight people normally would think creepy about someone of the opposite gender being in their bathroom. If i walked into a woman's bathroom.. it would creep women out just by seeing me a man in there. But I wouldn't even be ANY threat in ANY way that their minds might jump to conclusions to think... And a straight guy might be standing at a stall feeling totally comfortable next to another guy.. if a woman walked in he'd zip up quick and be taken back.. but never uncomfortable or thinking the guy next to him could be looking at his junk..lol..
gender is so weird... it effects how we think.. and I think many times us GLBT people's brains don't register the same way everyone else's does when it comes to gender identities and roles. It's more neutral, and we see the bigger picture totally different. Sometimes I wish I could use the woman's restroom just because it would feel less "on the spot" BUT by me being in a woman's restroom... I'd be putting women "on the spot" dunno if that makes sense... We have to draw the lines somewhere, but where do you draw them? and are they an accurate way to draw them? I think transgendered people make us re-evaluate what gender really is.. helps us to better understand our gender, the other gender, and how we really aren't that different. a lot of it is just perception and fear and awkwardness that's really unnecessary and quirky.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:00 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well if a girl goes into the women's room and sees a guy in there..how do they react ?
Once was they left..there should be no good reason for a guy to be in the ladies room.

Not so anymore. Is he a transgender, a predator, a peeping Tom, a rapist ?
Who knows anymore. It will open the door to those that want to use it to their advantage.

Government controlled facilities includes schools I assume..K-12 and public universities ?
Yep. This is already being pushed in the public schools in some states. Nothing like giving those jr. high boys access to the girls' bathroom.

And yeah, open door for any pervert guy to put on a dress and hang out in the public women's bathroom and wait for his prey.

People need to start standing up and speaking out that we've had enough of this. But good, polite people are afraid of being rude or insensitive or politically incorrect, not to mention the verbal bullying tactics that are used to shut people up.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:04 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Liberal Lunacy at it's finest......Let's potentially expose people to sexual predators so we can avoid hurting the feelings of a tiny minority group. Film At 11....

Patrick gives protection to transgender state workers - The Boston Globe
There's no increased correlation between being transgendered and being a sexual predator. The two are completely unrelated, really. Being transgender isn't even a matter of sexuality--gender identity exists independent of sexual orientation.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:06 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Yep. This is already being pushed in the public schools in some states. Nothing like giving those jr. high boys access to the girls' bathroom.

And yeah, open door for any pervert guy to put on a dress and hang out in the public women's bathroom and wait for his prey.

People need to start standing up and speaking out that we've had enough of this. But good, polite people are afraid of being rude or insensitive or politically incorrect, not to mention the verbal bullying tactics that are used to shut people up.
I don't think someone who would do that would care about bathroom laws to begin with. People whose mind isn't conscientious enough to not hurt others isn't conscientious enough to obey the law either. In other words, people who do things like that probably already do it now, illegally.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:13 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
So now anyone can slap on a dress and go anywhere they please..

If this is true Massachusetts will turn into the perv capital of the world....

Kennedy is probably smiling in his grave.....

Old 02-18-2011, 05:15 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
There's no increased correlation between being transgendered and being a sexual predator. The two are completely unrelated, really. Being transgender isn't even a matter of sexuality--gender identity exists independent of sexual orientation.

I never said that there's an increased correlation between being transgendered and being a sexual predator. I was suggesting that it's not a good idea to give men legal access to women's bathrooms. Sexual predators could easily just put on a wig and have a fun day down at the health club and just declare that they are transgender if confronted. Then they could come back the next day. Wash...rinse...repeat

Old 02-18-2011, 05:20 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
So now anyone can slap on a dress and go anywhere they please..

If this is true Massachusetts will turn into the perv capital of the world....

Kennedy is probably smiling in his grave.....
dislike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies