U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 02-19-2011, 03:03 PM
 
Location: Gone
25,230 posts, read 15,179,693 times
Reputation: 5919

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
WHAT???

The President sent the National Guard to ENFORCE a FEDERAL LAW concerning Public School Integration. He was upholding a law!!

That's got nothing at all to do with this POTUS organizing and sending mobs of people to State Capitals to protest against a proposed STATE law which looks like it'll be legally passed by legally elected legislators.
Laws protecting collective bargaining like the following:

Collective bargaining | LII / Legal Information Institute

Labor Law - Historical Background, Modern Labor Law, Unfair Labor Practices, Reinventing The Workplace: Improving Quality, Or Creating Company (sham) Unions?

Mobs, what mobs, I saw protestors? Oh I get it, when you disagree with them they are Mobs and when you agree with them they are protestors, thanks for clearing that up.
Can you prove the President personally sent them and according to what I read on the link they were people from the state and the protest began before anyone nationally even took notice.
Casper
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-19-2011, 04:05 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,313 posts, read 41,429,487 times
Reputation: 7108
Quote:
Laws protecting collective bargaining like the following:
I guess you're not aware of WI law - the governor and leadership can terminate the contract at any time once it expires and the legislature can change the law at any time as well.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2011, 04:38 PM
 
9,880 posts, read 9,519,044 times
Reputation: 2879
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Boehner Condemns President Obama



I have never seen a president behave in this manner. Do we have any examples of past presidents, colluding with special interests against US states?

I don't think so.

He is truly other, alien, like nothing this country has ever had sitting in the oval office.

This is truly unheard of - as states try to balance their red ink-laden budgets, obama is doing all he can to foment divisive political rhetoric.
What Obama has done is unprecedented and more than a little concerning. For the POTUS to show such obvious bias is unsettling.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2011, 06:03 PM
 
3,190 posts, read 4,516,462 times
Reputation: 1031
So...is Obama ordering the National Guard to enforce ANY law in Wisconsin, Ohio, or Indiana?

Nope. Therefore...no comparison and it's never been done before.


Quote:
Mobs, what mobs, I saw protestors? Oh I get it, when you disagree with them they are Mobs and when you agree with them they are protestors, thanks for clearing that up.
More than just teachers and teachers union people...there are also the SEIU and OFA who really don't have a dog in this fight. MANY of the "protesters" are AstroTurf.


Quote:
Can you prove the President personally sent them and according to what I read on the link they were people from the state and the protest began before anyone nationally even took notice.
I've already provided the link to that!! .....

How about a link from a LIBERAL website stating as much:

DNC Expands Role In Labor Protests To Ohio, Indiana

Quote:
President Barack Obama's campaign organization is mobilizing its followers in Ohio and Indiana, where similar measures are being considered.
Quote:
Now folded into the Democratic National Committee, Obama's campaign group Organizing For America is already actively engaged in Wisconsin and is beginning to ramp up organizing efforts in Ohio, though observers say the latter process is about a week behind that in Wisconsin. The group is also beginning to dig into Indiana
Not ONLY are they an angry MOB, but they are actually CALLING FOR VIOLENCE!....

DISGUSTING!! Barak Obama’s OFA/SEIU Calls to Bloody the Tea Party in Madison | Rebel Pundit

and in case you think that's fake....here's a link to the CraigsList post:

madison rants & raves classifieds "OFA/SEIU" - craigslist
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2011, 06:18 PM
 
29,986 posts, read 39,405,401 times
Reputation: 12792
Default Anti-Lobbying Act

United States Code: Title 18,1913. Lobbying with appropriated moneys | LII / Legal Information Institute
Title 18 > Part I > Chapter 93 > Section 1913
§ 1913. Lobbying with appropriated moneys

Title 18 of the US Code as currently published by the US Government reflects the laws passed by Congress as of Feb.1, 2010, and it is this version that is published here.

Quote:
No part of the money appropriated by any enactment of Congress shall, in the absence of express authorization by Congress, be used directly or indirectly to pay for any personal service, advertisement, telegram, telephone, letter, printed or written matter, or other device, intended or designed to influence in any manner a Member of Congress, a jurisdiction, or an official of any government, to favor, adopt, or oppose, by vote or otherwise, any legislation, law, ratification, policy, or appropriation, whether before or after the introduction of any bill, measure, or resolution proposing such legislation, law, ratification, policy, or appropriation; but this shall not prevent officers or employees of the United States or of its departments or agencies from communicating to any such Member or official, at his request, or to Congress or such official, through the proper official channels, requests for any legislation, law, ratification, policy, or appropriations which they deem necessary for the efficient conduct of the public business, or from making any communication whose prohibition by this section might, in the opinion of the Attorney General, violate the Constitution or interfere with the conduct of foreign policy, counter-intelligence, intelligence, or national security activities. Violations of this section shall constitute violations of section 1352(a) of title 31.


If Obama or members of his administration were on the taxpayer time or dime in the use of their federal offices and phones in any way communicating the organization or encouragement of these protests against state legislature(s) it is the above Federal Law which they may have violated.

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 02-19-2011 at 06:31 PM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2011, 06:29 PM
 
16,590 posts, read 10,207,817 times
Reputation: 15185
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Boehner Condemns President Obama



I have never seen a president behave in this manner. Do we have any examples of past presidents, colluding with special interests against US states?

I don't think so.

He is truly other, alien, like nothing this country has ever had sitting in the oval office.

This is truly unheard of - as states try to balance their red ink-laden budgets, obama is doing all he can to foment divisive political rhetoric.
I thought he was the President of every citizen of the US. Not just the unions and his lackeys.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2011, 06:32 PM
 
16,590 posts, read 10,207,817 times
Reputation: 15185
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You are right. His beliefs and values are so far out of the mainstream of Americans. Just as on virtually every other issue, he is on the wrong side of the issue here and is actually fomenting violent rhetoric against state officials.
The gift that keeps on giving. Can't wait for 2012.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2011, 06:44 PM
 
Location: Blankity-blank!
11,449 posts, read 14,960,612 times
Reputation: 6930
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Seriously, can anyone cite a president ever behaving in such a fashion?

Of course, when you're against the American people on nearly every issue, it's no wonder you might be viewed as totally alien to the beliefs and values of this country.
Once again, the OP is the American People.
Well, duh, all da udder prezidents done always did watt da beliefs und values of dis country done wanted to do.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2011, 08:52 AM
 
Location: Gone
25,230 posts, read 15,179,693 times
Reputation: 5919
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
So...is Obama ordering the National Guard to enforce ANY law in Wisconsin, Ohio, or Indiana?

Nope. Therefore...no comparison and it's never been done before.


More than just teachers and teachers union people...there are also the SEIU and OFA who really don't have a dog in this fight. MANY of the "protesters" are AstroTurf.


I've already provided the link to that!! .....

How about a link from a LIBERAL website stating as much:

DNC Expands Role In Labor Protests To Ohio, Indiana



Not ONLY are they an angry MOB, but they are actually CALLING FOR VIOLENCE!....

DISGUSTING!! Barak Obama’s OFA/SEIU Calls to Bloody the Tea Party in Madison | Rebel Pundit

and in case you think that's fake....here's a link to the CraigsList post:

madison rants & raves classifieds "OFA/SEIU" - craigslist
What? You mean because the President did not send in the NG they do not compare, simplifying the thought process a bit there eh.
What some of us do not like about the situation is that collective bargaining is a protected right and the Governor is attempting to take that right away, thus neutering the teachers union and in the process doing the same to other unions within the state. Do not get me wrong I am no fan of unions even though I believe they have played an important role in getting workers better conditions and pay in the past. I believe most unions have outlived their usefullness, the UAW in particular. That said I believe in the right for people to unionize to get their issues addressed from a more powerful postion.
I can understand how some take this issue very seriously and get mad, but I do not advocate violence to force their position and feel talk of such only hurts their position.
I know this issue WILL come back to haunt the Governor when re-election time comes around, he can forget any union member votes and never forget they do know how to organize, so my guess is he will be a one tour Gov, same for many Repubs in their State House. Watch and see.
Casper
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2011, 08:54 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,068 posts, read 76,871,028 times
Reputation: 27652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
What? You mean because the President did not send in the NG they do not compare, simplifying the thought process a bit there eh.
What some of us do not like about the situation is that collective bargaining is a protected right and the Governor is attempting to take that right away, thus neutering the teachers union and in the process doing the same to other unions within the state. Do not get me wrong I am no fan of unions even though I believe they have played an important role in getting workers better conditions and pay in the past. I believe most unions have outlived their usefullness, the UAW in particular. That said I believe in the right for people to unionize to get their issues addressed from a more powerful postion.
I can understand how some take this issue very seriously and get mad, but I do not advocate violence to force their position and feel talk of such only hurts their position.
I know this issue WILL come back to haunt the Governor when re-election time comes around, he can forget any union member votes and never forget they do know how to organize, so my guess is he will be a one tour Gov, same for many Repubs in their State House. Watch and see.
Casper
He's a Republican Governor..he probably didn't get any union votes before.
Why should that be a threat ? Unions vote Dem.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top