Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 03:46 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
The interesting thing is that prior to 2009 I was pretty much out of the market. A lot of people I know and trust who work on Wall Street knew the crash was coming. The trigger for me was the advent of interest only mortgages. That told me things were completely out of control. When the market hit 6500, a bunch of us piled in.

Ok alot more words to say you don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 03:46 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Sure, nice cover, happy to educate you!
But you haven't said anything yet

Old 02-18-2011, 03:50 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Lets see Obama haters you want Bushy Junior stock market or this one? What what a great job by Obama. I love to hear the spin on this one. This market is rolling and jobs as usual will follow as a lagging indicator. Great Job Obama!!!
So you thnik that american business actaully layig of qorjers to cut the bottomline and saving instead of investing profits is a good job when effected by policy? Individuals are following the same on their personal weath by eliminating debt ans saving. Thatis a good confidence indicator of what either see in the future reallyNo wander the liberals survive on hope and promises ;not paying attention to what is really happening.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:47 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Still well below Bush levels.

Interesting that the markets have already risen considerably since the Republicans took the House. Definitely a correlation there.

Really really is that the best you can come up with? So the market was not on an upswing since Obama has taken over? Why believe me? Why not look at the charts? Better yet I will put it in the posting so that you can see with your own righty eyes. Lets call a spade a spade. Obama has done a great job in terms of the market and yes it hard to swallow if you are a hater on the right. I would actually love to hear some more spin its just great and I do nothing but laugh while I read it. Those who mentioned Bushy Jr. Dow at 14k you are 100% right. How did the market wind up with him? 6500K LOLOLOL an utter joke. Largest Housing market collapses under who? ohh yeah Mr. Bushy jr again. Go ahead and look at the chart below and please please tell me it all because of Nov. elections results. Good one guys.

Dow Jones Industrial Average Index Chart - Yahoo! Finance

Old 02-18-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
The market has been well for quite some time. Where are the jobs? Out of curiosity, do you have any idea why the market is doing well?

Jobs as we all know are lagging indicators so they will bounce back in due time. The market is doing well because Mr. Obama is in charge and not Bushy destroy everything I touch Jr. isnt. Sorry right wingers but the proof is in the pudding.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
You have a real obsession with the "Blame Bush" mantra don't you? It keeps you from understanding the markets. In my experience those who are sucessful with investing wealth rarely brag about it to strangers. YMMV.

Funny people like you only blame Dems when something goes wrong. When its time to blame the Gop you rather say its market forces at work. Great spin. Funny to say the least.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:55 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
The market has been well for quite some time. Where are the jobs? Out of curiosity, do you have any idea why the market is doing well?
Because big corporations and financial institutions are sitting on a pile of cash and instead of hiring they are investing in the market.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:07 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,266 times
Quote:
Lets see Obama haters you want Bushy Junior stock market or this one? What what a great job by Obama. I love to hear the spin on this one. This market is rolling and jobs as usual will follow as a lagging indicator. Great Job Obama!!!
I object to the phrase "Obama's stock market." Obama has never indicated the slightest understanding of the principle of buying a percentage ownership interest in a publicly traded company. Rather, in his public pronouncements he makes it clear that corporations are pinatas to be beaten, or chickens to be plucked, or need to be hectored and lectured to provide jobs (as if jobs are supposed to be some form of charity.)

The shellacking in November has at least caused Obama to stop parroting the most egregious anti-employer rhetoric, but his adminsitration continues to be problematic for business in America. The Republican majority in the House will help stop further damage from the Obama agenda, which bodes well for future employment, incomes, profits, and business activity levels--as well as stock prices.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:14 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Funny people like you only blame Dems when something goes wrong. When its time to blame the Gop you rather say its market forces at work. Great spin. Funny to say the least.
The market is doing better because of quantitative easing. Open your eyes to government manipulation.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:03 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
The parties do not control wall street as we have seen. otherwise the national debt would be apoid justas the bailout to large banks have been with a profit.Wal street took actions that is makig their businesses profitab;e';cutting the bottom line. But so has individuals in payig off debt ans saving more. Only the goernamnt has been rpointig moeny and contiuing borrowing thus being bailed out by china . In the end businees and any intelligent person know the bil wit interest wil be coming. They are preparing the ebst they can for that day.Its really as simple as that:IMO.Even states in all but a few cases are way ahead of the fedral governamnt ithis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies