Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2011, 02:36 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Of course not!! Never said it was and did not imply that it was. However, it can be one of the dangers of the game when the game gets out of hand. Even women not dressed provocatively are in danger when the conditions are right for a rape to take place.
Hey, you're the one who stated that it was "part of the game" in a discussion about rape.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:38 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Quote:
Of course not!! Never said it was and did not imply that it was. However, it can be one of the dangers of the game when the game gets out of hand. Even women not dressed provocatively are in danger when the conditions are right for a rape to take place.
Alert and aware of surroundings, avoiding bad areas and situations.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:42 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Hey, you're the one who stated that it was "part of the game" in a discussion about rape.
No, I did not. You read into my post something that was not there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Alert and aware of surroundings, avoiding bad areas and situations.
Absolutely!! That's was I said in my first post in this thread.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
The ultra liberal feminist view is that, in the ideal world, women should be free to free to wear whatever they want, whenever they want and men must keep their distance unless and until they get an obvious signal from the woman. The reality of the situation--and one that is not going to change anytime soon--is that many men do take revealing clothing to be an invitation for their attention and they are going to react accordingly. There scarcely breathes a woman who is not well aware that men are attracted to women who groom themselves and wear clothing that emphasizes their sexuality. It's all part of the game.
Uh, yeah, I read something into it that wasn't there.

You certainly didn't say that rape is part of the game but you equated dressing provocatively as something that could lead to rape.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:50 PM

42 posts, read 69,715 times
men can go out with shirtless with only shorts and no one says nothing but women go out with a small dress and she is dressing like a s1ut?

Old 02-20-2011, 02:52 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cut3 View Post
men can go out with shirtless with only shorts and no one says nothing but women go out with a small dress and she is dressing like a s1ut?
And asking for it, you forgot that part!

Old 02-20-2011, 03:02 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Uh, yeah, I read something into it that wasn't there.

You certainly didn't say that rape is part of the game but you equated dressing provocatively as something that could lead to rape.
Again, you are inferring something not intended. I said when the game gets out of hand, it can lead to rape. Regardless of how a woman dresses--provocatively or modestly--a rape can take place when the conditions are right.

Old 02-20-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Again, you are inferring something not intended. I said when the game gets out of hand, it can lead to rape. Regardless of how a woman dresses--provocatively or modestly--a rape can take place when the conditions are right.
But the example provided in the post that I quoted specifically mentioned provocative dress as being a factor.

Again:

Quote:
is that many men do take revealing clothing to be an invitation for their attention and they are going to react accordingly

Old 02-20-2011, 03:14 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,752,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
So are you saying women shouldn't drink because then they'd be responsible for men assaulting them against their will, or men shouldn't drink because it turns them into animals who lose all self-control? It would seem the men in Alaska should not be allowed to drink if it's an issue!
I'm not saying either. I'm simply stating the fact that inebriation is a major factor in our state's high rape rate. I'm not extrapolating that fact into anything else.

Old 02-20-2011, 03:19 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Any man who rapes knows 100% what he is doing is wrong and illegal, any bs about her clothes, or actions driving him to do it is an excuse plain and simple, he willfully committed a crime, she didn't. We don't accept excuses in our justice system for any crime including rape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies