Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 09:16 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,923,967 times

Advertisements

The well known American blame the victim mentality is responsible for the callous disregard to atrocities and criminal negligence that occur in the world. What about at home? Americans are killed by hospitals at a jaw droppingly criminal rate. I suppose Americans should know better than to be sick and need hospitalization. Americans are sickened and poisoned by grocery store products with little recourse and the offenders are not even slapped on the wrist. Americans should know better than to eat _______ or ___________. Americans should know better than to drink tap water. Americans should know better than to have unprotected sex. Americans should know better than to purchase sub-prime mortgages. The lack of will to do anything to improve the lot of people in general and Americans in particular has resulted in something of a spiral of livability. A negative spiral. One could argue that the last century even with its lack of some of the advances of today was more liveable. They really were "the good old days". After 100 odd posts on "personal responsibility" what more can be said along those lines. We can discuss "collective accountability" or we can close the thread. Your choice.

H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 09:23 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,029,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I never stated they did not know. I stated if they did not, they should have. I realize that you take every opportunity to attack me personally here on CD but I suspect you did not know these people from Adam either, so who are you to presume what they knew or did not know either?
First of all, I don't attack you personally. I attack your post when I deem them to be out of line, counter factual or other wise illogical. In this case, I can find no reason for the incessant penchant for attacking the victim not just by you but by a number of people. Whether they were naive and irresponsible or completely apprised and prepared for the risks is totally beside the point.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:26 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,775,620 times
Corporate pirates hijack America and kill the american legacy. This story is far more important than Somalia.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:31 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,941,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Corporate pirates hijack America and kill the american legacy. This story is far more important than Somalia.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:21 PM

20,322 posts, read 19,905,966 times
Quote:
And this is just the thread to share your feelings about CEOs, Wall Street, Republicans, Bush, Fox News.............................

Give a break already

Old 02-22-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
And this is just the thread to share your feelings about CEOs, Wall Street, Republicans, Bush, Fox News.............................

Give a break already
If it's white collar crime, it's no crime at all. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Tom Delay still asserts his innocence. His sentence should triple.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
If it's white collar crime, it's no crime at all. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Tom Delay still asserts his innocence. His sentence should triple.
Yeah, that's nice. Now, back to the innocent victims of the Somali pirates.......

Old 02-22-2011, 11:02 PM

Old 02-22-2011, 11:21 PM

Funny I remember a duty day on Easter Sunday similar, hard as it may be for people to realize their Coast Guard isn't living up to it's namesake trotting the globe. The US navy isn't occupied enough in unlawful police actions across the globe? I see a pattern here. A very odd pattern where people hide dubious nonsense behind a US flag and behind our service members trying to call it respectable. Don't care for that one bit. I also don't care for your deflections of accountability. Defending all the wrong things and claiming it's for our own good never worked before but still you persist. Patterns indeed.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:45 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,299,034 times
Quote:
Funny I remember a duty day on Easter Sunday similar, hard as it may be for people to realize their Coast Guard isn't living up to it's namesake trotting the globe. The US navy isn't occupied enough in unlawful police actions across the globe? I see a pattern here. A very odd pattern where people hide dubious nonsense behind a US flag and behind our service members trying to call it respectable. Don't care for that one bit. I also don't care for your deflections of accountability. Defending all the wrong things and claiming it's for our own good never worked before but still you persist. Patterns indeed.
the the US coast guard does not trot the globe it rescues people and fights drug smugglers in US waters.

anyways so defending innocent people against pirate attacks is bad?
you think russia and china give a crap if the sink some pirate ships they don't catch not flack but we have to play by diffrent rules of engagement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies