Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2011, 06:36 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,092 times

Advertisements

In 2004, a Viet Nam War veteram was smeared by those who called themselves patriots. Thanks, America!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 06:39 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,980,055 times
I just want to make a public apology here and let everyone get back to the thread.

I owe Casper in Dallas an apology for being too rough on him in this thread.

I sent him a DM saying so in more detail, but a man also does it in public.

So to Casper......I'm sorry!

Old 02-20-2011, 06:39 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Yes and I'll tell you why.....

She was looking at spending cuts that could be made to the budget. She's never in all her voting history been anything but for the troops and veterans.

Republicans and Obama's own bi-partisan economic commission (which he ignored) have said budget cuts could be made there too.

I doubt they ALL lack respect for veterans (not the troops since that's what you are really referring to).

She was big enough to admit it was a mistake which is rare today. I commend her for the courage to do that.

It's history now and Vets forgive her.
No, all vets do not "forgive" her....got stats?
And NO Republican in here said one word against what she proposed THEREFORE they were FOR it.

But I can see why you like her after your:

Originally Posted by Rural Kentuckian
I'd gladly kill a few cloth-noggins if but for a very small bit of good to the Grand Republic. I'd kill them like I kill deer. """

Old 02-20-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
In 2004, a Viet Nam War veteram was smeared by those who called themselves patriots. Thanks, America!

That was Vietnam vet against Vietnam vet...guys who served with him and knew the real story which didn't quite fit the narrative.

He insulted and possibly cost more lives of his fellow brothers at arms first by throwing his medals away and then consorting with the enemy.

He possibly committed treason against his Country, but definitely did to those he served with.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:48 PM

[quote=Who?Me?!;17957989]No, all vets do not "forgive" her....got stats?[quote]

All the ones I know and see regularly do.

Do YOU have stats they don't?

Quote:
And NO Republican in here said one word against what she proposed THEREFORE they were FOR it.
I did. And I already told you that.

Then as soon as she realized the mistake, she corrected it. So what?

Old news and off topic here.

Quote:
But I can see why you like her after your:

Originally Posted by Rural Kentuckian
I'd gladly kill a few cloth-noggins if but for a very small bit of good to the Grand Republic. I'd kill them like I kill deer. """
How does what someone else said get attributed to me...especially after I already condemned it?

Old 02-20-2011, 07:05 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
They did ther same thing after vietnam;you really haven't seen a change in the liberals ;all a put on because it lose them elctions.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:06 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
I just want to make a public apology here and let everyone get back to the thread.

I owe Casper in Dallas an apology for being too rough on him in this thread.

I sent him a DM saying so in more detail, but a man also does it in public.

So to Casper......I'm sorry!
Hmmm, takes a man to do that, so Accepted.
Water under the Bridge.
Casper

Old 02-20-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Hmmm, takes a man to do that, so Accepted.
Water under the Bridge.
Casper

Thanks man...I did mean it too!

Old 02-20-2011, 08:02 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,511,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
They were not jeering him for being a Vet, they were jeering him for one of his statements. (and a few seconds of audience background comment really isnt jeering - they didnt carry on endlessly, or try to shout him off - the moderator came in and the couple of noisemakers quited down)

Listen,
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/senate/mi...110215clip.mp3
Thanks for posting that link to the audio... So that's all it was? A couple seconds where there were boos (mixed in with applause from other members of the crowd) for one statement he made. And yeah the moderator settled things down quickly.

Talk about blowing this whole thing out of proportion...

Old 02-20-2011, 08:07 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,971,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Thanks for posting that link to the audio... So that's all it was? A couple seconds where there were boos (mixed in with applause from other members of the crowd) for one statement he made. And yeah the moderator settled things down quickly.

Talk about blowing this whole thing out of proportion...
That's what wing nuts do....play the victim...for poltical gains then up and move on after it's not working for them anymore.

They'll be another "outrage" thread tomorrow.

One time they started a thread about Michelle Obama lying about what vegetables in her garden she was growing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies