Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 06:01 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times

Advertisements

Personally I have been watching FOX a little less recently because it is too liberal for my tastes. Especially Shep Smith. When I heard him side with the Egyptian protesters and say insulting things about Mubarak it was a turning point for me. I realized FOX isn't very different from the other networks. I would prefer a network that slammed the Muslim Brotherhood, did not try to portray the Egyptian protesters as the "good guys", criticized the Hell out of Egyptian people and culture for the sexual assault of Lara Logan, etc.

Glenn Beck is fine with me. We need a whole network of similar minded individuals. They don't all need to have his over the top style. Not that I have a problem with it, but a variety of personality types would mix things up.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:03 PM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
MSNBC is definitely failing, their ratings keep dropping. Fox and Oreilly has three times the viewers of MSNBC, same for Hannity. MSNBC needs to ditch the far leftist commentators and get somebody non partisan and equally critical of both parties. people will tune in to see somebody credible skewer both parties when they deserve it. Right now MSNBC is something of a parody of cable news.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:08 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
MSNBC is definitely failing, their ratings keep dropping. Fox and Oreilly has three times the viewers of MSNBC, same for Hannity. MSNBC needs to ditch the far leftist commentators and get somebody non partisan and equally critical of both parties. people will tune in to see somebody credible skewer both parties when they deserve it. Right now MSNBC is something of a parody of cable news.
Any time I am flipping and come upon MSNBC I find myself embarrassed for them.

The best thing they have done in the past few years, in fact the only positive thing I can think of is firing Krazy Keith Olberman.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:15 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
I hope all of these idiots dissappear from the public stage where they do nothing but stir the pot over stupidity, lies, misrepresentations and just plain nonsence. I really can't understand Americans at all. I'm telling you that for 100% sure any of these goofballs wouldn't get one minute of airtime in Canada. Canadians just would not listen to such BS except maybe once or twice just out of interest.

I personally will not buy one single product that advertises on Glenn Beck.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:16 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Sweet more ad space for us!
I am sure they'd be more than happy to have your business/money.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:19 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Keep on dreaming! LOL. Fox and Glen Beck are more popular than ever. Fear does funny things to the lefties.
The numbers don't lie, my friend. Beck's popularity has fallen substantially over the past year.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:20 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,092,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
And what does MSNBC have to do with Glenn Beck's popularity fading?

Old 02-20-2011, 07:26 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
And what does MSNBC have to do with Glenn Beck's popularity fading?

They might be the only ones who'd think about hiring him............

(it's not about the message, it's all about the ratings and the advertising dollars)

Old 02-20-2011, 07:30 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,922 times
Glenn Becks popularity may be "fading" however any other cable network would be ecstatic to have ratings any where near as high as FOX News.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:38 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I guess it makes the wackos on the left feel good to start stupid threads that have no meaning.
Glenn's ratings are better than ever, and most of his predictions have come true.
But keep blowing smoke if it makes you feel better about the sorry state the corrupt left is left in.
The corrupt in the WH is finished, the unions are about done for, life gets better every day..!
Now that the teapublicans are in charge you will see real hope and change, starting with tossing out everything Obama has done so far. The best way to start a recovery is by dumping O's HC plan. Two more years and he will be just an unpleasant memory and the country can start over doing things the correct way.
He is trying hard to destroy this nation, but too many smart people see through him and are going to stop him at every step, until we completely unload him..

Why would you claim that Beck's ratings are better than ever when the facts refute your claim? Do you just make assertions based on your beliefs or hopes? You have been proven wrong on this minor point. Just imagine what else you believe that may not be true.

"The truth has a decidedly liberal bias." - Stephen Colbert
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies