U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 02-21-2011, 04:08 PM
 
Location: Metro West- Boston, MA
9,374 posts, read 3,246,295 times
Reputation: 3555
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
You do realize that you gave a link to nothing. I'm guessing that was symbolism meaning you had absolutely nothing to say.

And as far as other people giving you reps; well I'm glad that getting worthless value points from anonymous people online is important to you. I stopped caring what people thought of me a long time ago, especially people that I don't even know.

But I am extremely flattered that you think so much of me that you commit my posts to memory. In fact, I rep you for that just because I know how much those rep points mean to you.

That link opens up to the find all posts view for me. I just clicked it and it still does. You have it all wrong. I think that you're just another self proclaimed intellectually superior moonbat who thinks they defecate ice cream. Nobody needs to memorize your posts because they all sing that same old tired song. Where did I say rep points mean allot to me? I only indicated that people agreed with me because they repped that post. It's very typical of your ilk though to spin things to suit your agenda.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-21-2011, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Orlando, FL
12,153 posts, read 10,469,049 times
Reputation: 6356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Good afternoon Natalay,

In my real life experience and while reading this forum, many non-conservatives equate the word "conservative" with Republicans, and in turn equate Republicans with racists who want to bring back slavery, Jim Crow, etc. There's even a reference to that in this thread.

Take care.
And that's a hot button? I guess I've just had different experiences with black people than the rest of you because I can truly say I never had that problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
That link opens up to the find all posts view for me. I just clicked it and it still does. You have it all wrong. I think that you're just another self proclaimed intellectually superior moonbat who thinks they defecate ice cream. Nobody needs to memorize your posts because they all sing that same old tired song. Where did I say rep points mean allot to me? I only indicated that people agreed with me because they repped that post. It's very typical of your ilk though to spin things to suit your agenda.....
You're the one who implied that you knew something of my posting history, so that alone proves that you think about me much more than I think about you. It's okay; I'm used to it. And you're also the one on here bragging about how people are replying positively to your post...kudos to you! You have the approval of strangers! Gold star for Rick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
By the way Rick, I was being sarcastic; your link doesn't work
You either huh? Maybe it only works for him. I thought maybe I couldn't see it because I was a moonbat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2011, 04:13 PM
 
2,096 posts, read 819,207 times
Reputation: 979
[b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73[/B
]Change your perspective. Democrat African-Americans are actually the Uncle Toms. They prefer to serve the white man by living in poor conditions, continually fed scraps from their "masters" and kept unmotivated and shiftless. They serve the white progressive academics in the coffee shops, restaurants, and other establishments. They perpetuate the cycle by trying to keep as many AAs supporting this dynamic as possible, by making fun of blacks who try to educate themselves (referring to it as "becoming white")



Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
Do you really think the post you're quoting is true? If so, I feel like a fool for repping one of your earlier posts.
Good afternoon,

I have seen the portion in bold happen, even in this forum. I do not believe the rest of the post is true. "True or not" was simply a lead in to my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2011, 04:22 PM
 
10,963 posts, read 4,121,150 times
Reputation: 3085
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
Please don't delude yourself re: Reaganite policy, and don't think that the complicity of Democrats makes this an issue primarily of Houses and Senates. It's a boring tactic and in this instance it is extremely dishonest. Reagan pushed the War on Drugs aggressively, and his economic policy quite openly terrible for the poor.

This doesn't absolve Democrats who did similar things, as Clinton did during his run, it's simply to point out that during Reagan's presidency, he pushed for many things that I would consider destructive for the black population. Not to mention his tendency to oppose civil rights legislation.
Reagan was a man who owned property with "Covenent Deeds" that specifically forbade property he owned to being sold to a person of color. He did nothing to object to or change his deeds. He gave the first speech for his campaign in Philadelphia Mississippi where four civil rights workers were killed in the 1960's. His speech was on his approval of "State Rights". Historically "States Rights" were the basis of Jim Crow laws and other laws to enforce racial segregation in the United States. That was Reagan way of letting Southern Conservatives voters know he stood solidly in their corner.

Reagan was the skillful politician in that he never outwardly used racial rhetoric but he was very skillful at using issues like states rights and having an presidential legistlative agenda that basically abandoned inner city America.

Lee Atwater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lee Atwater was a political consultant of both Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. Here is his take on the Southern Strategy the most popular Republican presidential strategy in place since the 1960 to appeal to Conservative based on racial issues.

Quote:
Atwater on the Southern Strategy

As a member of the Reagan administration in 1981, Atwater gave an anonymous interview to Political Scientist Alexander P. Lamis. Part of this interview was printed in Lamis' book The Two-Party South, then reprinted in Southern Politics in the 1990s with Atwater's name revealed. Bob Herbert reported on the interview in the 6 October 2005 edition of the New York Times. Atwater talked about the GOP's Southern Strategy and Ronald Reagan's version of it:

Atwater: As to the whole Southern strategy that Harry S. Dent, Sr. and others put together in 1968, opposition to the Voting Rights Act would have been a central part of keeping the South. Now [the new Southern Strategy of Ronald Reagan] doesn’t have to do that. All you have to do to keep the South is for Reagan to run in place on the issues he's campaigned on since 1964 and that's fiscal conservatism, balancing the budget, cut taxes, you know, the whole cluster.

Questioner: But the fact is, isn't it, that Reagan does get to the Wallace voter and to the racist side of the Wallace voter by doing away with legal services, by cutting down on food stamps?

Atwater: You start out in 1954 by saying, "N*****r, n*****r, n*****r." By 1968 you can't say "n*****r" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "N*****r, n*****r."[6][7]
This is still an integral part of the modern Republican politcal strategy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2011, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Reality
9,958 posts, read 3,759,398 times
Reputation: 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Because insentitive and ignorant people like you haven't a damn clue and don't have the sense to buy a vowel to get one.
Even though you didn't spell insensitive correctly I've reported this for the personal attack which violates the TOS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2011, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Metro West- Boston, MA
9,374 posts, read 3,246,295 times
Reputation: 3555
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
And that's a hot button? I guess I've just had different experiences with black people than the rest of you because I can truly say I never had that problem.



You're the one who implied that you knew something of my posting history, so that alone proves that you think about me much more than I think about you. It's okay; I'm used to it. And you're also the one on here bragging about how people are replying positively to your post...kudos to you! You have the approval of strangers! Gold star for Rick!



You either huh? Maybe it only works for him. I thought maybe I couldn't see it because I was a moonbat
You've just never noticed because you fall into a different demographic.


If you hang around on a board long enough you get to know the posters. I'd say that you, JazzyTallGuy, desertdetroiter, and A_lexus all fall into a similar category and post similar responses to people.
If you hang around here and don't get to know the patterns and the posters maybe you have reading comprehension issues or a bad memory.
Yes, I mentioned that people replied positively to my post that you didn't like. Stating facts is not bragging.

Quote:
It's okay; I'm used to it.
See that...I was right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2011, 04:26 PM
 
3,681 posts, read 2,130,430 times
Reputation: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Even though you didn't spell insensitive correctly I've reported this for the personal attack which violates the TOS.
I guess they need to buy a vowel themselves lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2011, 04:26 PM
 
7,779 posts, read 3,173,518 times
Reputation: 2452
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LMAO....yea..ok.
He is a successful general contractor who now commutes from CA to Pennsylvania for work because of the economy.
His wife also works and does real well.
Paid a half million for the house. Have a 35 foot racing boat and other stuff they EARNED.
Moved for their kids who they fear for they said, especially for their young daughter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2011, 04:27 PM
 
3,681 posts, read 2,130,430 times
Reputation: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I'd say that you, JazzyTallGuy, desertdetroiter, and A_lexus all fall into a similar category and post similar responses to people.
I concur.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2011, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Reality
9,958 posts, read 3,759,398 times
Reputation: 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Whatever. I don't consider it to be a racist term by any means. I know some Uncle Tom types, and there isn't a damn thing racist about pointing it out.
Then you don't represent the overall black community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top