Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support a taxpayers' union?
Yes 25 65.79%
No 13 34.21%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 05:10 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Apparently, Mr. Snipes' advisor had him file a form with "his" SSN on it.
That's prima facie evidence that he's obligated.

All the people I personally know who were hassled by the Eye Are Us had two things in common: SSN and an open, interest bearing bank account.

All the people I personally know who were not hassled, did not have an SSN nor bank account.

We suspect it's that pesky "signature card" wherein you agree to abide by the "rules of the Bank". In case you weren't informed, the U.S. Governor of the "Bank" and "Fund" is our friend, the Secretary of TREASURY. And he shall NOT be paid by the U.S. government, Title 22 USC Sec. 286a. He shall be paid by the fiduciary agent for "The Fund", the Federal Reserve corporation. (Uh oh!)

Title 22 USC Sec. 286. The President is hereby authorized to accept membership for the United States in the International Monetary Fund (hereinafter referred to as the "Fund"), and in the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (hereinafter referred to as the "Bank"), provided for by the Articles of Agreement of the Fund and the Articles of Agreement of the Bank as set forth in the Final Act of the United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference dated July 22, 1944, and deposited in the archives of the Department of State.

(a) Governors and executive directors; term of office
(d) Compensation for services
(1) No person shall be entitled to receive any salary or other compensation from the United States for services as a Governor, executive director, councillor, alternate, or associate.

According to page 494 of the U.S. Government Manual, 1993/1994 edition:
"In addition , the Secretary (of Treasury) has many responsibilities as chief financial officer of the Government. The Secretary serves as Chairman pro tempore of the Economic Policy council and as U.S. Governor of the International Monetary Fund, the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the Inter-American Development Bank, and the African Development Bank."
The president picks the "U.S. governor" but the government does not pay him.
Guess who he really works for?
Blah, blah, blah - same of con artist bullsh*t
Sounds to me like YOU will end up joining Wesley in prison at some point.
Federal prison has got lots of "guests" who think they somehow don't have to pay taxes.
Don't drop the soap.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 05:13 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,505,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
They do.

It's called the vote.
Nope. Voting and bargaining collectively are not the same thing. Not even close.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:16 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
They do.

It's called the vote.
Awww, Ya beat me to it. Funny how some seem to forget that simple fact. Now if someone wanted to form a union of their own, something like cow pie chucker’s of America, they just might be able to do that. Not that anyone would hire them, oh wait, there are elections coming again real soon, hmmmmmm.
Casper

Old 02-21-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Nope. Voting and bargaining collectively are not the same thing. Not even close.
Your vote is YOUR mechanism to enforce YOUR will - just as the union is the mechanism to enforce the will of workers involved.
Works a little differently (obviously) but the purpose is the same.

Ken

Old 02-21-2011, 05:22 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Actually, the part of the Walker bill I adore calls for voter ratification of any contract in excess of COL regarding raises. That should be extended to any contract with either pension contribs below avg 401k employee portion or Health Care employee premiums below nat'l avg, and being generous, give them Walkers you pay half the norm measurement. So if employee avg is 26%, any contract with less than 13% employee paid should require voter ratification before its enacted.
My favorite part of the bill, is where the Gov can sell the WI power plants with a no bid system. Does not need PSC approval or anything like that. He can sell them for whatever he wants, to whatever Koch brother he wants. This is in his Budget repair bill. Now that is a good provision, huh?

Old 02-21-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Your vote is YOUR mechanism to inforce YOUR will - just as the union is the mechanism to inforce the will of workers involved.
Works a little differently (obviously) but the purpose is the same.

Ken
This is why I don't vote.

What gives me the right to force my will on other people?

How big does one's ego need to be to think they have the right to force their will upon me?

Old 02-21-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
This is why I don't vote.

What gives me the right to force my will on other people?

How big does one's ego need to be to think they have the right to force their will upon me?
Feel free not to vote.
Your absence won't stop me (or anyone else).

Ken

Old 02-21-2011, 05:33 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Going by liberals' logic, of course. I mean they claim collective bargaining is a fundamental human right, right? Well if public sector employees have the right to collectively bargain for their salaries and benefits packages, then by their own logic, we taxpayers have the right to collectively bargain our tax rates. When government employees don't like the terms of their employment, they walk of the job and strike. Well if they have that right, then we, as taxpayers, the one's paying their paychecks, have the right to strike as well, i.e. stop paying our taxes. It's a two-way street. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If they have the right to unionize and strike, then so do we.
Unrelated arguments. how can you even compare the two? We citizens are SUPPOSED to be represented by our congressmen, Senators and President, but REally? Maybe we should disband the Congress and have regional "exchanges", just like is being proposed by the new healthcare law?

Old 02-21-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Feel free not to vote.
Your absence won't stop me (or anyone else).

Ken
I do feel free not to vote. Nor have I ever tried to stop anyone form voting.

Too bad people feel they have the right to force their will on others. Pretty ****ty way to run a society.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:58 PM

513 posts, read 580,593 times
Quote:
They do.

It's called the vote.
So then you would agree with me that union members shouldn't be allowed to vote, seeing as they're already represented through their union?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies