Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 09:39 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Law gives tax break for new jobs; Walker still pushes for stronger wind turbine location standards | Rivertowns.net | Riverfalls, Wisconsin

Many other links as well. Just google "Walker's tax breaks".

Also, after Walker killed 40,000 jobs by nixing the high speed rail, I heard this tax break created 10 new jobs! LOL!

Walker make a mess and then tries to act like a hero by taking from the middle class to clean it up. Just as he is doing now with the budget mess he created!
He (the Gov) is fully aware that when the bill passes, and salaries and benefits continue to be slashed by local governments with no negotiations necessary, it will be the most effective teachers that leave for private schools and the best managers who will leave their jobs for the private sector. But that's ok. Hopefully you enjoyed your weekend off work with your family. That was brought to you by a union.

"Real leadership means bringing people together to solve problems" from a Scott Walker campaign ad.
I guess he doesn't do as he says

[please note: i have never been in a union, but do work with union members here from AFTRA & SAG].

Last edited by plannine; 02-22-2011 at 10:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 09:45 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Does that mean that the Repubs might have to forget about those big tax cuts they gave the rich in their state, oh my
Nope, that would go against their marching orders.
Casper

Old 02-22-2011, 09:50 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The teachers already are compromising to something that doesn't benefit then. They are willing to give Walker most of what he wants, including for paying for more of their health benefits which would reduce their take home pay by 8%. Walker won't accept anything other than everything that he wants. It seems like its the teachers are the ones who understand how compromise works, and Walker doesn't.

Wrong, because it benefits the taxpayers, mostly whom do not have the same quality of health care and retirement benefits than the people who pay them. Why should the taxpayer support a plan that is better than the ones they receive? The average taxpayer has to pay for their own health insurance and retirement, and then turn around and pay for the teachers as well? This may be fine because the teachers are government employees but no government employee should earn more than the same person who does a comparable job in the private sector. This is one main reason for privatizing the operation of the government school system. There are not many merit pay systems, and where we find them, teachers teach to the test and not the student.

Where can one go to get a job where they can't be fired, even for the most hiddeous forms of criminal activity.

Teachers Union Continues to Protect Child Molesters « Mayrant&rave

Quote:
Quote:
Meredith Jessup – The Blaze – 12/27/2010
On June 26, 1997, New York teacher Roland Pierre was was arrested on felony sex-abuse charges after allegedly calling one of his PS 138

Teacher Roland Pierre, 75, has spent 13 years in the Department of Education's "rubber rooms."

sixth-grade students into an empty classroom, closed the door and molested her. Pierre was permanently removed from the classroom, but like many tenured teachers accused of wrongdoing, he wasn’t fired. Instead, he joined other disgraced educators in the so-called “rubber room” — the “purgatory of teachers yanked for the classroom for alleged wrongdoing” — where he’d wait out the union-guided appeals process.
But, as the NY Post
notes, 13 years later, Pierre is still receiving full pay and fringe benefits from his old teaching job, including health benefits, pension and vacation time. In all, the 75-year-old continues to pull down $97,101 a year for a job he hasn’t done in 13 years
Disgraceful.

http://emergingcorruption.com/2010/1...anks-to-union/

Quote:
<H1 class=entry-title>Child Molesting Teacher Can’t Be Fired Thanks to Union
Quote:

December 28, 2010 By Warner Todd Huston 2 Comments
-By Warner Todd Huston
In 1997 a Brooklyn teacher was accused of attempting to molest a sixth-grade girl at PS 138. As it happened, he admitted the behavior, but no criminal charges were filed when all was said and done. Still one would think the fact that he inappropriately fondled a teen should be enough to get him fired from his teaching position. But then again, in New York you can’t even fire a child molester if he happens to be a teachers union member.
Thanks to the fact that it is nearly impossible to fire a teacher, this lowlife has been drawing his almost $100,000-a-year salary to do nothing. You heard that right, to do nothing.
</H1>

Old 02-22-2011, 09:57 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It's against the law to use union dues to fund political candidates. Unions have CAP funds that are collected separately---they can't even go in the same bank account as the union dues---and union members are free NOT to donate to their CAP if they don't want to. No union member is forced to back political candidates.
I don't know where you're getting that from, perhaps private sector unions? The teachers unions most certainly DO use money extracted from their members to fund political candidates of their liking which are almost always democrats. Unless there are paycheck protection clauses, teachers don't have a say in who the unions support politically through contributions.

Quote:
In almost every state, teachers are automatically signed up to have their dues money diverted to their unions’ political funds. But the facts show that when “paycheck protection” laws require unions to get permission from teachers before taking money for political purposes, teachers almost always say “no.”

When teachers were given the chance to opt out of paying for the political causes of education unions, the number of teachers participating in Utah dropped from 68 percent to 6.8 percent, and the number of represented teachers contributing in Washington dropped from 82 percent to 6 percent.

Predictably, union officials fight tooth and nail against “paycheck protection” laws that give teachers a real choice about how their money is spent.
Dues and Don&rsquo;ts | Teachers Union Facts

The teachers, as a condition of their employment, are forced to join the union in Wisconsin. How is this fair to them? Why are liberals so afraid of giving the teachers the choice to decide for themselves? Oh, could it be because the democrats are scared that without the unions' ability to forcibly extract money from the teachers, they will lose out on a lot of campaign contributions? You betcha.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:59 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Are you really that clueless about the tax cuts? Or, are you just looking for redundant arguments? Tax cuts distributed off the state's is no secret, if you're a grown up to have looked for it yourself, or have come across those. I posted a whole link from state's office on Friday in another thread. There's a "search" function available for you to find my post if you must.
You're the one who brought it up in this thread. I shouldn't have to hunt down your previous posts in other threads to verify points you're trying to make. Sorry, doesn't work that way.

Fail.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:06 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
Wrong, because it benefits the taxpayers, mostly whom do not have the same quality of health care and retirement benefits than the people who pay them. Why should the taxpayer support a plan that is better than the ones they receive? The average taxpayer has to pay for their own health insurance and retirement, and then turn around and pay for the teachers as well? This may be fine because the teachers are government employees but no government employee should earn more than the same person who does a comparable job in the private sector.
If I worked at any level of government employment, I'd make 75% less then I make now.

Quote:
This is one main reason for privatizing the operation of the government school system. There are not many merit pay systems, and where we find them, teachers teach to the test and not the student.

Where can one go to get a job where they can't be fired, even for the most hiddeous forms of criminal activity.

Has he been charged and convicted with a crime?

Blame the justice system.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:08 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Well then. Governor Walker should prevent this by compromising! The ball is in his court!

Or does Walker have more in mind than balancing a budget?
The more you post the more apparent your disconnect from reality becomes. The bill is in limbo because the democrats fleed the state. Not only are the teachers being paid to strike against the people who are paying them, but their politicians are being paid to flee the state and stay in motels like rats in their holes.

Cowards and thugs... your tax dollars at work!

Old 02-22-2011, 10:17 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The more you post the more apparent your disconnect from reality becomes. The bill is in limbo because the democrats fleed the state. Not only are the teachers being paid to strike against the people who are paying them, but their politicians are being paid to flee the state and stay in motels like rats in their holes.

Cowards and thugs... your tax dollars at work!
Tax cuts for the Rich and Big Business, your tax dollars gone.
Yes, when you are hurting for funds give your handlers tax cuts, now I see how their new form of economics works, silly me
Casper

Old 02-22-2011, 10:25 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
You're the one who brought it up in this thread. I shouldn't have to hunt down your previous posts in other threads to verify points you're trying to make. Sorry, doesn't work that way.

Fail.
You fail at the idea of "fail". Just accept you weren't aware of such dealings that the governor made and it would give me a reason to waste a few of my seconds to help you out, google it up. Here we go (http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lfb/Misc/2011_01_31Vos&Darling.pdf - broken link).

Now, having read the document and understood its implications and targets, come back and tell me where you disagree with me.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:34 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
Well then. Governor Walker should prevent this by compromising! The ball is in his court!

Or does Walker have more in mind than balancing a budget?
No his elction on just this means tha ball bounced into the unions court when that happened.Time is o his side really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies