Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 02:58 PM

4,560 posts, read 4,097,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I agree. Take a page from Reagan and fire them. They are more concerned with keeping the iron fist of the teacher's union in control and funding the democrats than they are concerned with education.

There would have been better ways to approach this, but the teacher's union chose one of conflict.
You're right sitting quietly on the sidelines and just letting the state dictate things to them is a better method of approach
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 03:01 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,074,409 times
They're examples of what teachers ought not to be. Imagine, using the students to protest in the streets as shills for the teachers.

It's laughable that teachers are carrying signs that say they're doing this "for the students" or "because I love my students". It's total BS - it's complete self interest. If they really cared about the students the quality of education would be head and shoulders above what it is.

As long as government is involved in education it will always be subpar and way too costly for what you get in return. We need to privatize education and take the unions out of it.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:05 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
I am waiting on the Governor to declare the teachers as missing in action and causing harm to the betterment of the children and start firing them.

He has been very patient so far.

If teacher have missed all these days and handed in a fraudulent Doctors excuse I would fire them on the spot.

The other, I would give them a 24 hour notice to return to the classroom or they will not have a job when they return.

The teacher and the unions have gone to far with this and is now hurting the state and causing harm to others. Not counting the extra money the state has to spend on police and other needs caused by these idiots.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:12 PM

277 posts, read 166,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I am waiting on the Governor to declare the teachers as missing in action and causing harm to the betterment of the children and start firing them.

He has been very patient so far.

If teacher have missed all these days and handed in a fraudulent Doctors excuse I would fire them on the spot.

The other, I would give them a 24 hour notice to return to the classroom or they will not have a job when they return.

The teacher and the unions have gone to far with this and is now hurting the state and causing harm to others. Not counting the extra money the state has to spend on police and other needs caused by these idiots.
I take it you haven't been following the news & are talking just to talk. The majority of teachers that were protesting were out for 3 days. Some of them were out for 4 & some were out for 5. They've been back to work most of this week.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:13 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
I say go ahead and let the GOP commit suicide in Wisconsin. Guess what side the students are going to get over and over again once things calm down? The teacher's side, of course.

The Wisconsin GOP doesn't realize it, but they have just created an entire generation of Democrats over collective bargaining.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by campfire View Post
I take it you haven't been following the news & are talking just to talk. The majority of teachers that were protesting were out for 3 days. Some of them were out for 4 & some were out for 5. They've been back to work most of this week.

Some of them have not went back to work, that is the ones I am talking about.

If they were one of those who missed 5 days and handed a fraudulent excuse I would fire them and go after fraud charges against them. Then I would go after the license of the Doctor who wrote the note.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:16 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I say go ahead and let the GOP commit suicide in Wisconsin. Guess what side the students are going to get over and over again once things calm down? The teacher's side, of course.

The Wisconsin GOP doesn't realize it, but they have just created an entire generation of Democrats over collective bargaining.
It's beautiful and refreshing to see the GOP finally showing their true colors. Now everyone can see what they stand for: tax cuts for the rich and powerful and a boot stomp on teachers, firefighters, and police officers.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post

No one is against collective bargaining at all.

Stop watching crazy Ed and listening to his lies.

That is all we need is another liberal generation of misfits and anti Americans.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:17 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
A lie is to make excuses, when this is really about union busting. What would Nazis do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Even FDR, a major friend of unions, felt public employees should not be unionized. This is one issue in which I agree with FDR.
FDR was right, public employees should NEVER be able to unionize. they get plenty from the civil service laws already on the books in EVERY state. all a union does is cost the people more money in taxes and fees paid to the government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I'm sorry children of Wisconsin, we need to fire your teachers to pay for the Koch's to have our power plants and for the rich to get their tax cuts.

Don't worry, it's for your own good.

Signed,

Wisconsin GOP
hogwash. the GOP in wisconsin is trying to get business BACK into the state. you cant do that if your tax rates are too high. witness new york, california, new jersey, maryland, and other high tax states. what businesses that can are leaving those states and going to states like florida and texas and nevada where the tax rates are lower, and the business environment is better. and the rich are doing the same thing, leaving the high tax states for lower tax states, and what happens to the high tax states? they LOSE TAX REVENUE. you can only squeeze so much tax money from the people before they move out, and then where are you with all the spending the state wants to do? bankrupt thats where.

perhaps you should take economics 101 and learn how the economy really works, and perhaps you will change your mind about always wanting to "tax the rich". and also understand that even if you raise taxes on the rich, they will either move their money where it cant be touched, or pass along the higher tax rates to the middle class and the poor, by way of increased prices for the goods they buy.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
It's beautiful and refreshing to see the GOP finally showing their true colors. Now everyone can see what they stand for: tax cuts for the rich and powerful and a boot stomp on teachers, firefighters, and police officers.

Again you are off topic.

What does tax cuts have to do with this thread?

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-27-2011 at 04:52 AM.. Reason: off topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies