Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 03:26 PM

59,041 posts, read 27,298,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
You're gonna need 2 more left wing nut job sites before she believes you.
She still would deny it. Keep her comment on file to use the next time she posts with a link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
No... I got that.

I said "what about her" because she merely moderated a report by another guy relaying an assertion from a single anonymous source. It wasn't her report.

The point remains that the President's cabinet meets personally about once a week.

How somebody gets from 100 meetings to "zero contact" requires a certain amount of rhetorical liberality, don't you think?
I'll play the same game. I want 3 links from substantiated sources that the Obama cabinet meets every week.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I'm so sick of the stupidity in this thread. For G-d's sake, the President's calendar is PUBLIC INFORMATION!

I swear to Og, if someone rightwinger writes something down, even if it's filled with vague, unsourced and unconfirmed allegations, a whole bunch of you will just believe it without a single shred of evidence. And worse still you don't even bother to do your own verification. A simple web search puts the lie to this nonsense, yet most of you are so determined to hate the President, that you'd rather believe the worst than find out the truth. Well, here's the truth.

Obama meets with EPA Administrator Jackson (Lisa P. Jackson)
Obama participates in the daily briefing call with Gulf Coast Governors on the BP oil spill (Lisa P. Jackson)
Obama holds a Cabinet Meeting (All of them)
Obama meets with U.S. Trade Representative Kirk (Ronald Kirk)
Obama and Premier Wen Jiabao of China participate in a working lunch (Ronald Kirk)
Obama and Premier Wen Jiabao of China hold a bilateral meeting (Ronald Kirk)
Obama meets with his national security team for his monthly meeting on Afghanistan and Pakistan (Susan Rice, actually all of them)
Obama meets with his national security team on Afghanistan and Pakistan (Susan Rice)
Obama meets with his National Security Team on the Situation on the Korean Peninsula (Susan Rice)
Obama holds a meeting on the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (Arne Duncan)
Obama meets with the Presidential Economic Recovery Advisery Board (Arne Duncan)
Obama meets with Secretary of Education Duncan and Representative George Miller (Arne Duncan)
Obama holds a meeting with Secretary LaHood (Ray LaHood)
Obama and Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood tour construction site (Ray LaHood)
Obama meets with Secretary Donovan (Shaun Donovan)
Obama and Biden attend the Middle Class Task Force Meeting (All of them)
Obama meets with regulators (Shaun Donovan)
Obama meets with Secretary of Labor Solis and Mine Safety and Health Administrator Main (Hilda Solis)
Obama and Biden meet with Secretary Solis (Hilda Solis)
Obama and Biden meet w/ members of Congress to discuss immigration (Hilda Solis)
Obama and Biden meet with Secretary Vilsack (Thomas Vilsack)
Obama meets with a bipartisan group of Senators to discuss energy (Thomas Vilsack)
Obama meets with Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack (Thomas Vilsack)

Now, who's going to admit they were wrong and go tell everyone you spread this garbage around to that it was a lie?
Boy, you really get wound up.

To play you game, we want 3 substantiated sources for each cabinent member.

I picked one of your links at random. It is an article from the wash post. You don't trust the other media but, you use the wash post.

"Obama holds a Cabinet Meeting (All of them)

June 22, 2010 - 4 p.m.
Cabinet Room, White House
Washington, District of Columbia
Issues: Agriculture, Courts and Judiciary, Crime and Law Enforcement, Defense, Economy, Education, Energy and Environment, Foreign Policy, Health Care, Homeland Security, Immigration, National Security and Intelligence, Science and Technology, Social Issues, Transportation, Veterans Affairs

Event type: MeetingExpected attendeesYou will note the article states expected attendees. We don't know if they showed up or not. You will also note not all the cabinents are represented.

So I will say that source can be excluded.

You may want to scrub your list.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 02-24-2011 at 04:34 PM..

Old 02-24-2011, 03:49 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Boy, you really get wound up.

To play you game, we want 3 substantiated sources for each cabinent [sic] member.
How about you prove that one of these meetings didn't happen? Just show that one of the meetings on that list didn't happen.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:51 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I'll play the same game. I want 3 links from substantiated sources that the Obama cabinet meets every week.
You must be arguing with somebody else.

Because I am certainly not playing that game.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:10 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post

You must be arguing with somebody else.

Because I am certainly not playing that game.

I think he thinks he's arguing with me. I also think he thinks that by posting the details from one of the meetings I linked to, that he has somehow "refudiated" it. It's odd, but there you have it.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:21 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
I wonder which 6 of these people President Obama has had ZERO contact with.

Inside the White House: The Cabinet | The White House

Old 02-24-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
How about you prove that one of these meetings didn't happen? Just show that one of the meetings on that list didn't happen.
I never inferred any of those meetings did not happen. Jill does not believe the OP. She demanded 3 referrences to support the claim.

She supplied a list to substantiate her position. I checked one item on her list at random. The item is nothing more than an article from the Wash Post. (remenber she will not accept anything from the other media source cited).

She even added "(All of them)" referring to the entire cabinent after the link.

The link states Expected attendees. Not every cabinent member is cited. we also don't know who actually did attend. certainly not the entire cabinent.

therefore her post is bogus.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:45 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
So... who are the six?

Old 02-24-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I think he thinks he's arguing with me. I also think he thinks that by posting the details from one of the meetings I linked to, that he has somehow "refudiated" it. It's odd, but there you have it.
It is not odd. You wanted 3 sources from others. But, when you cite a source it is expected to be taken as gospel. Well I randomly checked one of your sources and it is a bogus citing if it was meant to justify your position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies