Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 03:21 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich got an unpleasant preview Tuesday night of what may lie ahead -- at least in some unfriendly venues -- if he decides to launch a campaign for president.

Gingrich, speaking at the University of Pennsylvania, was challenged by a Democratic student to square his moralistic stand on social issues with an illicit relationship he had while married in the 1990s, Politico and the Daily Pennsylvanian reported.

Newt Gingrich Challenged by Ivy Leaguer on Extramarital Affair
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 03:25 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Gingrich only has a slightly better chance than I do of ever being elected president.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:26 PM

915 posts, read 1,190,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich got an unpleasant preview Tuesday night of what may lie ahead -- at least in some unfriendly venues -- if he decides to launch a campaign for president.

Gingrich, speaking at the University of Pennsylvania, was challenged by a Democratic student to square his moralistic stand on social issues with an illicit relationship he had while married in the 1990s, Politico and the Daily Pennsylvanian reported.

Newt Gingrich Challenged by Ivy Leaguer on Extramarital Affair

"I'll bet almost everyone here can gather the thrust of your question," he told her. "I appreciate the delicacy and generosity in the way it was framed. . . I hope you feel better about yourself."

What a masterful way to avoid answering a direct question. Whether you like him or not, you have to admit he is a good politician.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:41 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
"Isabel Friedman is a sophomore in the College studying Health and Societies and French. Born and raised in the Philadelphia area, she is an avid fan of the Phillies, screen printing,and writing in the third person. Before matriculating to Penn, she took a gap year and worked as a Field Organizer for Obama for America in 2008, running all operations in University City and helping the Penn Dems achieve a voter turnout of over 96%. Her field experience served her well on Penn Dems as Legislative Director last year, and now as President. When she’s not fulfilling her presidential duties, you can find her promoting for the Vagina Monologues, planning her next trip abroad, making ice cream, or hanging out in her hammock when they weather’s nice."

I feel dirty just reading her bio.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
"I'll bet almost everyone here can gather the thrust of your question," he told her. "I appreciate the delicacy and generosity in the way it was framed. . . I hope you feel better about yourself."

What a masterful way to avoid answering a direct question. Whether you like him or not, you have to admit he is a good politician.

Masterful? I think cowardly would be the better term to use. I fail to see any mastery in his response, it was basically the verbal equivalent of running out of the room or faking a heart attack.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:52 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
"Isabel Friedman is a sophomore in the College studying Health and Societies and French.hammock when they weather’s nice."

I feel dirty just reading her bio.
How dirty would you feel reading Newt's bio?

Old 02-23-2011, 03:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
JFK and Clinton made this a non-scandal issue long ago.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:53 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
He really is a cheating scum bag. Normally his personal life wouldn't really be my business, but he certainly felt free to express his contempt for Clinton's personal relationships (who I don't like either) during that whole mess. You better not throw stones if you live in a glass house yourself...and I hate hypocrites more than cheaters.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:54 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
How dirty would you feel reading Newt's bio?
I don't know, I can't stand the guy and wouldn't waste my time.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
JFK and Clinton made this a non-scandal issue long ago.
I don't remember either JFK or Clinton running around the country spewing crap about the necessity of keeping gays from getting married due to the need to protect the "sanctity of marriage".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies