Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 10:16 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,967,571 times

Advertisements

Oh no...........you have to change the subject.......now why is that? We all know..........liberals and their ridiculous arguments. And you toss in name calling too........typical.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:17 AM

3,557 posts, read 4,087,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Oh no...........you have to change the subject.......now why is that? We all know..........liberals and their ridiculous arguments. And you toss in name calling too........typical.
Nope, didn't change the subject. But maybe you can't relate the two in your head.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:21 AM

Hmmm Ok city............wasn't a subject changer. I guess your are just a lost soul. Rant away............

Old 03-16-2014, 10:22 AM

15,837 posts, read 21,369,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Okay. I'll be honest. How many American, non-muslims, have committed terror attacks on non-government targets in the past 20 years?
There was an attack on an family health clinic that performs abortions just 2 weeks ago: http://www.flatheadbeacon.com/articl...certain/38323/

No one was hurt, but it is still a form of terror. And in the past 20 years, there have been many attacks on abortion clinics, physicians who perform abortions (forgetting Dr. Tiller?), gay bars, and let's not forget the Atlanta Olympic bombing.

My family was also, personally, attacked by radical Christians because we are Jewish. I am only 26 years old and in my lifetime had a cross burned on my lawn, rocks thrown through windows displaying menorahs, and my brother was once beat up in a parking lot after wishing a cashier a "Happy Chanukkah" when she said, "Merry Christmas." War on Christmas, my tush. And I have dozens of stories that, while not violent, were very traumatizing at the hands of my friends' Christian fundamentalist parents.

While I have had precious few positive interactions with Christians (and now live in a very irreligious area of the country), I know that all do not follow the type of extreme, fundamentalism that I grew up around. On the other hand, I have quite literally never had a bad interaction with Muslims - even spending time living in the very Muslim-dominant East End of London. I've even dated Muslim men - clearly being a liberal, Jewish woman wasn't a deterrent.

And re: women's rights, check out Orthodox Judaism. Women are expected to cover as well and there are frankly prehistoric rituals around menstruation.

There are fundamentalists in every faith. Even the Sikhs, who are some of the most genuinely peaceful, kind, warm-hearted people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, have an extremist faction that participates in terrorism.

Terrorism is POLITICAL rather than RELIGIOUS.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:28 AM

3,557 posts, read 4,087,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
There was an attack on an family health clinic that performs abortions just 2 weeks ago: http://www.flatheadbeacon.com/articl...certain/38323/

No one was hurt, but it is still a form of terror. And in the past 20 years, there have been many attacks on abortion clinics, physicians who perform abortions (forgetting Dr. Tiller?), gay bars, and let's not forget the Atlanta Olympic bombing.

My family was also, personally, attacked by radical Christians because we are Jewish. I am only 26 years old and in my lifetime had a cross burned on my lawn, rocks thrown through windows displaying menorahs, and my brother was once beat up in a parking lot after wishing a cashier a "Happy Chanukkah" when she said, "Merry Christmas." War on Christmas, my tush. And I have dozens of stories that, while not violent, were very traumatizing at the hands of my friends' Christian fundamentalist parents.

While I have had precious few positive interactions with Christians (and now live in a very irreligious area of the country), I know that all do not follow the type of extreme, fundamentalism that I grew up around. On the other hand, I have quite literally never had a bad interaction with Muslims - even spending time living in the very Muslim-dominant East End of London. I've even dated Muslim men - clearly being a liberal, Jewish woman wasn't a deterrent.

And re: women's rights, check out Orthodox Judaism. Women are expected to cover as well and there are frankly prehistoric rituals around menstruation.

There are fundamentalists in every faith. Even the Sikhs, who are some of the most genuinely peaceful, kind, warm-hearted people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, have an extremist faction that participates in terrorism.

Yep, many more attacks in the US perpetrated by non-Muslims. GTD Search Results Many of the results in this search actually targeted Muslims. Its white men targeting Muslims or the government...so maybe it is them we should be concerned about.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post

Did you call 911? I mean that is what your told to do.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:31 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,956,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
I didn't know every single person was involved...news to me. Redneck logic...would also tell you to fear Christians lest they pull another Oklahoma City.
Christians had nothing to do with the Oklahoma City bombing.

McVeigh was an agnostic.

Quote:
In the letters, McVeigh insisted he has no fear of his execution. An agnostic, he said he will "improvise, adapt and overcome" if it turns out that there is an afterlife.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=93140

Old 03-16-2014, 10:34 AM

1,074 posts, read 756,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
5 Ridiculous Things You Probably Believe About Islam | Cracked.com

Pretty sad that Cracked Magazine does a better job addressing this than any of the major news sites.
Muslim propaganda. Isn't that obvious? They probably produce more propaganda than Joseph Stalin!

Old 03-16-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Christians had nothing to do with the Oklahoma City bombing.

McVeigh was an agnostic.
They never caught the guy running off either. That is for another thread though.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:36 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,956,059 times
Is it possible to be a Muslim Jew for Christ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.